Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 489>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2017 at 05:49
^ Done, now you do your thang ! Wink
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2017 at 08:09
^ My part's done too.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2017 at 22:27
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=53502

1. Soldiers (5:42)
2. My Mind (15:56)
3. The Last Farewell (19:40)
Part I: The Beginning
Part II: The Meeting
Part III: The Final Punishment
Total Time 41:16
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2017 at 22:56
^ Thanks, done.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2017 at 05:00
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=10461

Should this be moved to compilations (same applies to Vol.2) ?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2017 at 05:14
^ I think yes.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2017 at 15:39
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2017 at 19:21
^ Looks like a compilation. It's worth to move it and point out previously released and unreleased tracks.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2017 at 03:40
these two albums are wrongly ascribed to Michael Curtis & Samurai. however, the album covers indicate only Samurai as artist name. I therefore suggest that the artist name is changed accordingly

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2017 at 04:44
^ Look, we have another unrelated band with the same name, this solution seems the most elegant way of differentiating one from the other - but anyway I'll report to the High Command.

Thks
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2017 at 05:30
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ Looks like a compilation. It's worth to move it and point out previously released and unreleased tracks.

And done ! (and concluded TD updates, Ufffff)
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2017 at 06:57
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

^ Look, we have another unrelated band with the same name, this solution seems the most elegant way of differentiating one from the other - but anyway I'll report to the High Command.

Thks

I think country of origin is the simplest way to distinguish the two

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2017 at 07:41
You have a point, but does the database admit two identical names ? (We'd have to add an identifier on one name at least)
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2017 at 08:54
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

You have a point, but does the database admit two identical names ? (We'd have to add an identifier on one name at least)

yes, there are several examples of that, for example two bands named Tempest, one from the United States, the other from the United Kingdom. or two bands named Amon Düül, one from the United Kingdom, the other from Germany (not to be confused with Amon Düül 2 from Germany). no identifier necessary since by law the same name may only be used once in the same country. this is probably so for every country

Edited by BaldJean - January 20 2017 at 08:56

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2017 at 11:09
^ Very well, let's wait for other opinions (I already PM'd Admin once you raised the question)
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2017 at 11:24
have a look at this:

http://www.progarchives.com/bands-alpha.asp?letter=t

scroll down to Tempest

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2017 at 15:29
There are various bands with the same name in PA, and country is usually enough to differentiate. One fun example is Renaissance, and I pity the fool who mixes up the two at the record store (lol):
RENAISSANCE     Symphonic Prog     United Kingdom
RENAISSANCE     Tech/Extreme Prog Metal     Belgium

I have those Samurai albums, plus the one by UK Samurai.

Here's an interesting page and Samurai and Miki Curtis and the Samurais, Mickey Curtis & The Samurai, and Samurai
http://www.japrocksampler.com/artists/groupsounds/curtis_and_the_samurais_miki/

To quote an exccerp from the above link (bold is my own)
Quote He thereafter formed Miki Curtis & Samurais to keep abreast of the then-current Group Sounds trend, growing his hair and playing up to the ‘saki and noodles curcuit’ as one Pathe Newsman called it. Was he Mickey, Miki of Mikey? Who knows but Curtis himself; he certainly spelled the name ever way possible in order to keep up with prevailing trends. And possessed with a musical approach that veered from Acker Bilk seashore jazz to soul stompathons, Curtis’ Samurais scored a run of major charts hits including ‘Taiyo No Pataya’, ‘Fires On The Plain’, ‘Wild Life’, ‘Bounce Ko Gals’ and ‘Nothing But Loving’. Ever the career minded pragmatist, Curtis took The Samurais to Europe, where the band played to their Japanese strengths by adopting kimonos. The six piece band also recorded and released records in Germany for Metronome Records, picking up a couple of British musicians – guitarist Joe Dunnett and organist John Redfern - along the way. In London, the band released the single ‘Good Morning Starshie’ b/w ‘Temple of Gold’ for United Artists, and in Italy ‘Shu Shu’ b/w ‘Fresh Hot Breeze Of Summer’. Renaming the band Samurai in 1970, to fit in with Japan’s prevailing New Rock fashions, Curtis released two interesting LPs SAMURAI and KAPPA with this line-up, the two LPs being conflated into one – entitled GREEN TEA – for its 1970 British release on Philips. On returning to Japan, bass player Tetsu Yamauchi quit to record his own solo LP for Columbia, and later joined Free. Miki Curtis thereafter tempered his prog rock fixations with the somewhat poppier LP MIMI, which he made for Vertigo Records in 1972.

Miki Curtis & the Samurais released a bunch of singles http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/miki_curtis_and_the_samurais
And also at rateyourmusic here is the Samurai page: http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/samurai-1

Here is the discogs page of Miki Curtis:

https://www.discogs.com/artist/1069500-Miki-Curtis

Samurai is sometimes called Mickey Curtis & Samurai. Will find some other variations).

The albums Samurai and Kappa were released as Samurai, so are better placed under Samurai, and if I were to look for the band in progArchives I would search under S (I have looked for it before). That said I kind of like having the name as Samurai/ Miki Curtis, and a reason for that is because Miki (aka Mickey) Curtis released an album called The First Ear which is not listed here and I think would be of interest to those who like Samurai.

Since Keishiro did the addition, though, and knows Japanese Prog better than I, he may be privy to better information, so I'll leave that decision to him.
Like I said, I think calling it Samurai would make it easier to find, and seems more accurate from what I know, or call it, say, Samurai/ Miki Curtis (or Mickey Curtis).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Curtis

Incidentally, wikipedia names his band as "Mickey Curtis & The Samurai"

Edited by Logan - January 20 2017 at 15:39
orchestre celesti View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orchestre celesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2017 at 07:03
ORCHESTRE CELESTI UPDATED DISCOGRAPHY:
Discography:
1. Compi La Tua Magia (2007)
2. Black and Red (2009) 
3. Transition Of Power (2011)
4. Quattro (2012)
5. The Court Of Miracles Vol.1 (2014)
6, The Court of Miracles Vol. 2 (2016)
7. The Big Carrot (and misuse of it) (2017)
Also:
SONIC LANDSCAPE/PAESAGGI DI SUONO, with Lisa La Rue, (2014)

Thank you
 Federico Fantacone, OC founder
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2017 at 10:11
^ Thanks, done.
orchestre celesti View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orchestre celesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2017 at 13:48
Thank you, my best, Federico
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 489>