Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 491>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2017 at 22:00
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=53949

1. Brave Captain (12:37)
2. On the Racing Line (5:12)
3. Experimental Gentlemen (10:01)
4. Meadowland (3:36)
5. Grimspound (6:56)
6. The Ivy Gate (7:27)
7. A Mead Hall in Winter (15:20)
8. As the Crow Flies (6:44)

Total Time 67:53
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2017 at 07:30
^ Done, thanks !
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2017 at 14:32
Salle Gaveau's - Strange Device was missing line-up and release entries. Has now been updated. Thumbs Up
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2017 at 15:00
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Salle Gaveau's - Strange Device was missing line-up and release entries. Has now been updated. Thumbs Up

In a very "relaxed" manner Thumbs Down sorry, pal

I had to step in and correct the whole thing
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2017 at 15:54
I'll be sure to not step on any toes in the future.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2017 at 16:10
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 08:04
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=45138

This is NOT an Asia album but a tribute and should be under tributes!
here is discography page of Asia's web site to prove I'm right, beside look at the names of the musicians non of them are Asia members ever

https://originalasia.com/discography/
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 10:28
Okay, there's something that's been personally bugging me for quite awhile now. All of Phish's studio album track listings are all written like sentences, i.e. the first word is capitalized and the rest is not, as opposed to each first letter of every word being capitalized like a title. This holds true for only the studio albums as far as I'm aware, but I could be wrong. Is it possible that this can get fixed? I know it's sort of a minor quip but almost every other artist on the site has track titles that are all capitalized.

http://fryingpanmedia.com
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 10:29
^^  No,  in my understanding it's a recording of covers of classic British prog songs by an offshoot of Asia led by Payne, hence the inclusion under "Asia" (and there are a couple of other records in the same situation) which I didn't question when made the necessary updates to the album's page.

Always open to hear other (fundamented) opinions, though.

"Asia Featuring John Payne are a rock group formed in 2007 following a schism in the then line-up of Asia. The band is a continuation of singer and bassist John Payne's career as the band's frontman, which lasted from 1991 until 2006, when Asia's original 1982 lineup reunited."

" John Payne became the frontman of the ASIA in 1992 at the invitation of keyboardist Geoff Downes, replacing vocalist/bassist John Wetton. With John Payne fronting the band, ASIA released 8 studio albums, several live albums, a live DVD and toured the world for 14 years.

In 2006, Geoff Downes left the band to reform the 1982 line up for their 25th anniversary. On the 9th of May 2006, John Payne, Geoff Downes, John Wetton, Carl Palmer and Steve Howe contractually agreed that John Payne would continue his 14 year career with ASIA as “ASIA Featuring John Payne”.

ASIA Featuring John Payne have been touring in North America since 2008. In 2009 the band released an EP entitled “Military Man”. A new studio album entitled “Americana” was planned for release in 2013, but never released although the first single “Seasons Will Change” was released in December 18, 2012."

Edited by Quinino - February 24 2017 at 10:30
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 10:51
Originally posted by aglasshouse aglasshouse wrote:

Okay, there's something that's been personally bugging me for quite awhile now. All of Phish's studio album track listings are all written like sentences, i.e. the first word is capitalized and the rest is not, as opposed to each first letter of every word being capitalized like a title. This holds true for only the studio albums as far as I'm aware, but I could be wrong. Is it possible that this can get fixed? I know it's sort of a minor quip but almost every other artist on the site has track titles that are all capitalized.

You are certainly right, and btw it bugs me also (anyway...just a little Geek)

Give me some time and I will take care of it, thanks.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 12:02
^ Strangely, it does not bug me, so I wash my hands and leave it to you, guys. Wink
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 12:20
Eugene, what about the Asia album (a few posts above) - do you want to share your view, please ?
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 17:54
What is wrong with you "Heckle & Jackle"? the bands (Asia) website is not good enough for you? 
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 20:35
^^ Guys, I think it's all about politics. There are no 1992-2000 albums recorded with John Payne on the band's website: https://originalasia.com/discography/. But this does not mean that "Aqua", "Aria" etc are not Asia albums. Thus Asia website, as Mayer likes to say, is not a bible.  

"Recollections" is a different beast though. In ideal case Asia featuring John Payne should have its own page, like it's done on discogs. But who will bother to add one more prog-related band with one EP and one covers album in its discography? After all John Payne is a part of Asia history, he helped the band to stay afloat in hard years, so I'm quite content with "Recollections" in Asia discography on PA.

In addition, we have similar cases like The Doors of 21 Century releases in The Doors discography, several Wishbone Ash line-ups and some other bands. I can live with this. As Ivan says, KISS (keep it simple and stupid). Smile

Edited by NotAProghead - February 24 2017 at 20:42
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2017 at 08:30
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=33669

A mess and no songs title
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2017 at 11:07
^ Fixed, thanks.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 10:30
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=52561

Release date changed to 2/27/17

- Thanks, done.
That's why you're always told "don't hurry to add albums long before the release date".

Edited by NotAProghead - February 28 2017 at 06:23
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 13:36
Some more format stuff: BS&T's album titles, specifically their second, third, and fourth albums, are all listed differently while they all have the same name format on the album itself. For instance, their sophomore album uses commas and an "and" as opposed to an ampersand, their third album uses the "and" as well but doesn't use commas, and the fourth self titled doesn't even use the full name (which is listed on the album itself under the cover using the band's full name). I think the titles of all three should be changed to the format of "Blood, Sweat & Tears ___" as to make it more consistent.

For a more visual example of what I mean, music database Allmusic uses the format I'm talking about. Here's a cap:

This may be just me personally but I think it would be beneficial, at least more correct-looking. 
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 15:38
Oh, boy, you're just like me, Thatcher, obsessive with organization and correctness Heart

Let me point that the band's site, Musicbrainz and also Wiki solved it perhaps with even more precision than Allmusic (which I tend to take not too seriously, btw)
 So my proposal would be slightly different from yours, but only with respect to the fourth: B, S & T 4

Who disagrees ?

Edited by Quinino - February 27 2017 at 15:39
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 19:07
It looks great, thanks man. Yeah, I do get a bit stingy when it comes to organization, especially when it comes to music and cataloging. Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 491>