Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 491>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2017 at 13:40
^ I don't think there are 2 misprints.

Edited by NotAProghead - March 12 2017 at 13:44
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2017 at 14:28
^ I agree, Eugene, the reasons for my giving in are:

- That date refers to the copyright - in total honesty we have to admit the record could have been released for sale only later, in this case the year after that.
- It's no big deal (and, mind you, I'm a sucker for accuracy)
- Someone will, eventually, be very happy (right, Thatcher? Hug)

Now,can you beat this ? LOL

Edited by Quinino - March 12 2017 at 16:30
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2017 at 11:19
I was going to mention how the copyright year doesn't necessarily equate to the release date, but honestly if the consensus is that the album was released in 1978, then I have no problem with that. Eugene could be right and I could be wrong and I'm willing to accept that. Just in my experience I've always known the album to be released in '79 (it should be said that I'm actually a big fan of the album itself), but if it really was '78 all this time then that's okay. As I said before I am very stingy about music categorization, almost to a zealous degree. At least online -- the organization in my house on the other hand...LOL
http://fryingpanmedia.com
aaroncliftmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaroncliftmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2017 at 11:59
Is there a way to update the bio for The Aaron Clift Experiment (http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=8311)?  The bio as it reads now is out of date.  Specifically, change this sentence:

"THE AARON CLIFT EXPERIMENT is currently writing and recording their second studio album."

The sentence should read:

"THE AARON CLIFT EXPERIMENT released its second studio album, "Outer Light, Inner Darkness," in September 2015.  In January 2016, Resnick was replaced by Tim Smith (drums)."

NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2017 at 14:36
^ Thanks, done.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2017 at 14:44
Originally posted by aglasshouse aglasshouse wrote:

I was going to mention how the copyright year doesn't necessarily equate to the release date, but honestly if the consensus is that the album was released in 1978, then I have no problem with that. Eugene could be right and I could be wrong and I'm willing to accept that. Just in my experience I've always known the album to be released in '79 (it should be said that I'm actually a big fan of the album itself), but if it really was '78 all this time then that's okay. As I said before I am very stingy about music categorization, almost to a zealous degree. At least online -- the organization in my house on the other hand...LOL

I know, it happens from time to time. Especially in case of albums planned to be released in the end of the year - discs are printed, current year is pointed out on the cover, but for some reason the release postpons and the album sees the light of day next year (don't know though is it the case of mentioned CAN album). 

Here, on PA, we try to follow an unwritten rule: don't change info if you don't know for sure that it's wrong. That's why we leave the album in question as it is.

Edited by NotAProghead - March 13 2017 at 14:45
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2017 at 19:21
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=53898

1. Rules of the Desert (Instrumental) (11:35)
2. Power and Outcome (7:25)
3. Details: a) Circle Spins (5:47)
4. Details: b) Start Again (Instrumental) (8:43)
5. Through Stained Glass (8:46)
6. Illusions and Tribulations (9:27)
7. The Gathering (8:16)
8. Conquest (Instrumental) (3:30)
9. Full Circle (1:57)
10. Dialect for the 21st Century (5:16)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2017 at 01:31
^ Thanks, done.
aaroncliftmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaroncliftmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2017 at 14:23
Thanks a lot!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2017 at 13:41
Got a few things for the Iron Butterfly page:
Ball's cover image is 300x315 which makes it stick out a bit more than the other 300x300 covers of the rest of their discography, just thought I'd point that out.
Also, Metamorphosis' current cover is actually the back cover (which becomes clearer as you see that in the log that the person sits on there's the track-listing) to the original vinyl. This is actually the front cover, to which I can profess because I actually own the original vinyl, while the current cover on PA is the back. For some reason they got confused at some point and they got mixed up. 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2017 at 14:26
^ Thanks, changed "Ball" cover.

You're right with Metamorphosis and PA rules tell we have to place the front cover. But in this particular case I have strong doubts that PA visitors will recognize it (except for a few old farts whose days are counted Smile).

Hope Jose will share his ideas.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2017 at 04:45
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

Hope Jose will share his ideas.

You have the last word, of course, but my view is  to  keep it straight and simple - the original front cover IS the original front cover! - no matter what our preferences might be, so I would advise to change it for the right one, as Thatcher pointed out.

I'm looking forward to update the whole studio discog, if you say YES Eugene then I may also change the cover art Geek

Edited by Quinino - March 16 2017 at 05:38
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2017 at 04:59
Hi. I noticed the titles of the live albums "The Collectable King Crimson" have all different formats, although I don't know which one is correct.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2017 at 05:40
^ And a clickable link to the site of the crime ?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2017 at 05:51
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2017 at 06:11
Nothing to be sorry, Sam, just a snobbish lazyness on my part  Clown

Thanks, I'll take a look and do my best
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2017 at 07:39

You're right with Metamorphosis and PA rules tell we have to place the front cover. But in this particular case I have strong doubts that PA visitors will recognize it (except for a few old farts whose days are counted Smile).
Not sure Iron Butterfly is necessarily so popular that people won't recognize one of their less-recognized albums is the correct cover is put in place. I think it would be better to change it now as opposed to keeping it in the wrong. To each their own, though.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2017 at 08:56
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Hi. I noticed the titles of the live albums "The Collectable King Crimson" have all different formats, although I don't know which one is correct.

http://progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=191

Guys, take a look at what I've done and feel free to comment / suggest if needed

(My option regarded maximizing legibility while abiding to PA rules as much as I can remember them all Geek)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2017 at 08:59
^ It looks much better now Thumbs Up
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2017 at 14:06
Originally posted by aglasshouse aglasshouse wrote:

Not sure Iron Butterfly is necessarily so popular that people won't recognize one of their less-recognized albums is the correct cover is put in place. I think it would be better to change it now as opposed to keeping it in the wrong. To each their own, though.

OK, I give up Smile. Thanks, done.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 491>