Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207208209 490>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2017 at 14:33
I see the new live album of Snow Live by Spock's Beard has recently been added. I just wanted to point out a small omission in the track listing. "June" should be in there as the penultimate track on CD2 and DVD2.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2017 at 15:03
^ Sorry, but are you 100% sure ? Isn't that one of the bonus tracks exclusively on the BD edition ?
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2017 at 14:42
I got it from the image on Amazon of the back of the Blu-Ray edition. Also from reading it in a review online. The two encores on the night were June and Falling For Forever. I'd be surprised if they missed June off as it's quite short, but as I don't have the CD/DVD set so no I can't be 100% sure.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2017 at 14:54
^ That's more or less my thinking -  most probably an exclusive for the BD edition.
(I'm an insufferable nerd, and when not  sure always prefer not to pretend to - Oh, yeah, and I'm friends with goo'old Harry)
Thanks, mate, I'll update it accordingly.

Edited by Quinino - November 27 2017 at 14:55
The_Lurker View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Lurker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2017 at 14:35
I've recently discovered Steve Hughes' 2015 album Tales from the Silent Ocean. It seems whoever first logged the album info was hitting the 1 key instead of the 7 when doing track times.

1. Will We Ever Be Free (9:42) - Correct
2. 50/50 Zone (1:11) - Should be 7:17
3. Tapestry of Change (13:55) - Correct
4. One Day (1:50) - Should be 7:50
5. Secretly She Still Loves Him (1:09) - Should be 7:09
6. The Days Without You (1:56) - Correct
7. Gonna Make It (1:24) - Should be 7:24
8. Free Fall (2:42) - Correct
9. Sunshine Willow (16:01) - Should be 16:07
10. Willow's Lament (3:23)  - Correct
11. Goodbye My Love (2:01) - Correct
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2017 at 15:09
^ Thanks, everything corrected.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2017 at 17:20
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=504: The name of the band is just Ancient Veil, not THE Ancient Veil (which was actually the title of their first album). RYM's entry for them has 'aka The Ancient Veil' in brackets, but certainly from as long ago as 1995, when they contributed a track (The Lamia) to the compilation album 'The River of Constant Change' (Genesis Tribute), they have been known simply as Ancient Veil.

Both facebook and their official website will confirm this.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2017 at 18:48
^ Thanks, done. Changed the link to their official site as well.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2017 at 15:27
Major Tom to Ground Control - we have an intruder here:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=19888

For some reason Keith Tippett Group was admitted instead of KT himself...and then this solo album comes along and gets aditioned...my call for help is - should we erase this album or instead take the chance to reevaluate KT inclusion on the DB and expand its discog on the site ?
Is JRF team ready to answer this ?

Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2017 at 15:40
^Group was admitted I suppose cause it fits in site definition of jazz rock; Keith Tippet solo I don't know much about what I'm reading around is that he's mostly creating free jazz. Proper way to go would be to delete the album unless there's any serious objection.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2017 at 16:04
Keith Tippett solo does not belong here at all. I would remove. 

Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2017 at 02:05
Alright then, removed the Keith Tippett solo album.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2017 at 11:42
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=56074

The name of the band is The Rome Pro(g)ject not The Rome Progject
- Vincenzo RICCA / keyboards
- Steve HACKETT / electric & classical guitar
- David JACKSON / saxophones & flutes
- David CROSS / electric violin
- John HACKETT / flute
- Nick MAGNUS / piano

With:
- Daniele POMO / drums
- Roberto VITELLI / bass & moog taurus
- Franck CARDUCCI / 12 strings guitar & bass
- Paolo RICCA / electric guitar

Special guest appearance by
- Francesco DI GIACOMO as Titus Liuius

1. PROEMIUM 2′:04
2. EXEGI MONUMENTUM 12′:45
3. ONCE WERE ROMANS 5′:49
4. OF MYTHS AND GODS 5′:05
5. 476 A.C. - SONG FOR WETTON 5′:41
6. AERE PERENNIUS I 1′:36
7. AERE PERENNIUS II - SONG FOR EMERSON 4′:13
8. AERE PERENNIUS III 4′:31
9. AERE PERENNIUS IV 4′:24
10. EPILOGUS 1′:15

BONUS TRACKS
11. AB URBE CONDITA  2′:18
12. NON OMNIS MORIAR 3′:15
13. DOWN TO THE DOMUS AUREA ECLECTIC DEMO UER. 4′:33
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2017 at 12:03
^ I had noticed that error, too, and reported to the  collab in charge of the inclusion - thx anyway.
For now the credits will have to remain as they are - until we have confirmation links for getting reliable info.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2017 at 12:07
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

^ I had noticed that error, too, and reported to the  collab in charge of the inclusion - thx anyway.
For now the credits will have to remain as they are - until we have confirmation links for getting reliable info.

Go to their website
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2017 at 12:19
^ You're right, but strange as it may seem the band's sites are not the most reliable source - I never rely solely on them !
 (besides, and as a general rule - sometimes hard to comply, I admit - I try to never use only one source, always confirm with a second one)

The release date is very close, we can wait and then do it properly once and for all, don't you agree ?
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2017 at 13:08

^ You're right, but strange as it may seem the band's sites are not the most reliable source - I never rely solely on them !
 (besides, and as a general rule - sometimes hard to comply, I admit - I try to never use only one source, always confirm with a second one)

The release date is very close, we can wait and then do it properly once and for all, don't you agree ?

What about the other changes on the album? 
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2017 at 14:25
You are not getting the idea: It's such a waste of time doing partial and eventually fallible updates that I prefer (and everybody should, too, namely before additioning) to wait for having complete and reliable sources - it's that simple !
SouthSideoftheSky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2017 at 02:46
So, I've changed the artist name to include the parentheses; The Rome Pro(g)ject. The reason I didn't do this in the first place is that it says in the admin section that parentheses should be avoided in artist names. But maybe an exception is warranted in this case.

SouthSideoftheSky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2017 at 02:47
Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

What about the other changes on the album? 

Which other changes do you have in mind?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207208209 490>