Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 490>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2018 at 12:45
Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=55248

Name of band wrong

Please explain what's wrong. Confused
We don't have a separate entry for Klaus Schulze and Solar Moon System.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2018 at 15:38
^
Excuse me to interfere but mbzr has a point here - let me remember the guidelines:

1.4 When the artist_name varies for the specific album, the album title must be in the format "artist_name_variant: album_title". Applies to the following circumstances:
1.4.3 It is a joint release with one or more other named artists

Peter Bauman and Paul Haslinger: Blue Room
                Bill Bruford with Ralph Towner and Eddie Gomez: If Summer Had Its Ghosts

NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2018 at 17:50
^ Thanks, clear now and done.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2018 at 15:35
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=55877

This is a 2017 not 2018 album

Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

^ In my worst nightmares I see: Times missing, credits bad formatted, releases incomplete ... 

Times for the digital release, as copied from bandcamp, if someone wants to add them in:

1. See How She Runs (4:46)
2. Darkness Falls (2:33)
3. Didn't Even Wanna Do It. Did It Anyway (7:30)
4. He's Gone (1:31)
5. Waiting for Gordo (4:01)
6. Still Solemn After all These Years (1:51)
7. Gran Finale (4:26)
8. Welcome to Your World (4:48)
9. Squeaky Door Time (3:07)
10. Under the Conker Tree (2:51)
11. Viva Vitale (3:11)
12. Your Song is a Nightmare (4:00)
13. Now Get on Your Way (5:18)

Actually, I set the year to 2018 per Colin's personal request. The album was planned for January 30th, and he pre-released the digital verison on December 24th, 5 days before his untimely death. Can we respect his request?
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2018 at 17:19
^ I will always have tender feelings to Colin, but I don't think correct info may show any disrespect to him.

Emotions aside, digital version appeared in December, so for PA release year is 2017. Setting the year 2018 may only make confusion in future.
CD buyers will get 2018 release, no problem here.

Edited by NotAProghead - January 06 2018 at 17:29
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2018 at 07:40
I fully support Eugene (or anyone) for preferring accuracy over sentiments (of any nature) while building our DB - but Angelo, here's an excellent opportunity for updating Colin's Bio, will you care to step forward?
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2018 at 14:55
I'd be happy to do that, but it needs some time. I'm preparing some other things together with friends of his, which will aid in that.
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2018 at 15:02
I did a small update just now, as his date of passing was misquoted everywhere over the past week. He died on December 27th, not 29th.

Also, I know PA has a policy of listing solo artists by last name, but Colin Tench Project is not the name of a person, so does this really apply here? Seems a bit odd.
ISKC Rock Radio
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2018 at 15:02
^ Great !
Sincerely wish you a fruitful success - his memory surely deserves your best efforts Thumbs Up

Regarding your comment about name formation - all I can say is that it's implemented this way all across the DB, see for example Parsons Band, Alan

Edited by Quinino - January 09 2018 at 15:08
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2018 at 11:28
alan Pasons band - That's exaclty what I was wondering, but i couldn't find an example.

And hte bio will be there. We're also working on a proper Wikipedia page.
ISKC Rock Radio
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2018 at 15:38
If an ADMIN could re-upload the album cover it would be fine because something went wrong when I updated it

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=20802

the picture is here

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2018 at 18:31
^ Thanks, Josè, I updated it.

It seems the cover is slightly different (it shouldn't be cropped).

Release year is not clear. According to discogs it's a 2003 CD, while bandcamp says 2004 and only digital. Confused

Edited by NotAProghead - January 14 2018 at 18:32
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 04:54
^ Both are correct, it seems.

Their old official website merchandise page (via the wayback machine) shows the CD as a 2003 release: https://web.archive.org/web/20081001213319/http://www.neilonimpression.org:80/merch/merch.htm.

"Hello friends,
We have a bandcamp page now, where you can find all our albums, with all the lyrics, dates, names and everything.
It was an occasion to look back to our past, and with it we would like to say thanks once more to all the labels, friends and fans we met along the way!"

German label Cargo Records also suggests 2004 as the year of release (this is for the sale of a different album, but the band's biography is included): http://www.cargo-records.de/de/item/38435/katalog_art.75.html.

However, this Japanese retailer had the 'Life Of Hate' release of the CD for sale at 1380 yen, and they state that it was released in 2003: https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.hyper-enough-records.com/alternative-n1.htm (scroll down - it's item number 11 in the list).

The CD was released by Red Cars Go Faster Records ‎and 8mm Records too, so it is likely that both release years are correct. The bandcamp entry showing 2004 as the year of release is endorsed by the band's facebook as being correct, and 2003-issued CDs have been listed on line for sale, so that must also be correct.

I guess you need to state the year of release as 2003/2004 rather than just one year or the other.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 07:14
Bandcamp frequently states  release date as the time when the it was included on the page, which not surprisingly is sometimes AFTER the record was actually issued /made available on the global market .

So please, guys,  thanks for your help but there are so many important corrections to be made  that I wouldn't lose too many time with these incongruencie if they can be so easily overcome like this one.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 07:27
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ Thanks, Josè, I updated it.

It seems the cover is slightly different (it shouldn't be cropped).

Release year is not clear. According to discogs it's a 2003 CD, while bandcamp says 2004 and only digital. Confused

It seems you're wrong about the cover. Eugene - see Discogs, Musicbrainz, LastFM, Rateyourmusic, etc ...

I also added the digital release date (see above post)
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 11:41
The wayback machine link I included previously doesn't seem to work from the PA 'insert hyperlink' facility for some reason - even though I just visited it again and checked that it was correct.

Anyhow - here is the image of the CD they were selling from their official website back in 2006/2007:

The same image of the front of the CD is shown on the Japanese website that was selling it, and whose link I included above, so there were definitely CDs floating around with an uncropped image.

More confusion lol!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 12:20
^^ And the same image as I placed is shown on discogs if you click "More images".

So sorry, Josè, I've restored "my" pic.

Edited by NotAProghead - January 15 2018 at 12:24
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2018 at 09:16
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=56653

LabelSumerian Records
FormatCD, Digital, Vinyl
March 9, 2018

1. Condemned to the Gallows (6:35)
2. House Organ (3:41)
3. Yellow Eyes (8:45)
4. Millions (4:43)
5. Gold Distance (1:02)
6. Blot (10:27)

Total Time 35:13
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2018 at 15:45
^ Thanks, done.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2018 at 08:43
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=56638

Brad Birzer - lyrics and concept
Dave Bandana - vocals, bass, guitars, drums, drum programming, synths, piano, organ, mellotron

With:
Olga Kent - violin (1,2,3,5,7)
Kenny Miller - acoustic guitar (1,3,5,6,7)
Henri Strik - mellatron e-mu (2)
Lily Miller - word word (5)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 490>