Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 214215216217218 489>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2018 at 11:08
It's a pity that both can't be included under these circumstances. The official website certainly contains much useful information concerning the development of the band in its early years (which is why they still include a link to it on their facebook page rather than giving the information there again in their 'About' section). Just a shame that the official site has been allowed to fall into a state of obsolescence like this.

Edit: However, having just seen the previous post by Mayer about the website address having been updated earlier today, I would expect the old 'official' one to be removed altogether very soon, and all the info to be transferred across to facebook in any case.

Edited by yam yam - May 20 2018 at 11:16
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2018 at 11:34
^^ Thanks, guys, for sorting it out. I've changed BELIEVE site to FB page (yes, it has a link to official website).
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2018 at 12:01
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=7667

1. A la Tombée de la Nuit (13:00) 
2. Hero (25:25) 
3. Mais Si (11:44) 
4. Quelques Feuilles (Constat) (0:53) 
5. Quelques Feuilles (Rebelle) (8:02)

Total Time 59:04
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2018 at 13:13
^ Done, thanks !
jetpromys View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetpromys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2018 at 14:54
I just have a few corrections to the Star Period Star albums below:
Can't See the Forest
Change the bass player to Joe Colone
Jet Propulsion Mystery Summer
Change the bass player to Alex Perkolup
Change the drummer to Dave Rosato
Remove Pat Hamilton

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2018 at 15:19
^ How's that ?

Can't See the Forest  
has 3 bass players (one is Colone, alright)

Jet Propulsion Mystery Summer
has also contributions by John Lindenberg and  Ron Jagielnik

Thanks, only next time try to be more careful, please (I would like to have correct/complete info all around -  I'm a dreamer, I know)

EDIT: And done ! (including cover art, credits, band links, etc)

Edited by Quinino - May 20 2018 at 15:58
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2018 at 15:45
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

It's a pity that both can't be included under these circumstances.

It can - and it will ! (thanks for the suggestion)
jetpromys View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetpromys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2018 at 08:10
That's perfect! Thank you so much for taking care of this! Sorry I forgot about the special guests, but fortunately you caught them as well. Much appreciated!
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2018 at 09:13
^No prob, you're welcome !
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2018 at 20:56
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=57377
These new versions are complete reinterpretations of seven popular Anubis tracks, performed mostly on acoustic instruments, some being instruments we’d never normally dream of using. Absent - for the time being - are the electric guitars, the overdriven B3, the pounding drums, the rickenbacker bass, the synthesizers and the ubiquitous mellotron. 

‘Technicolour Afterlife’ in it’s original arrangement was to be the eponymous title track of the record eventually released as 230503, our debut. It’s the final page of that particular story which we shelved back in 2005. It’s nice to finally show it the light of day.

So Maybe it should be under Compilations 

Format: CD, Digital
May 23, 2018
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2018 at 11:08
^ Thanks, but because songs were rerecorded I would keep it in Studio albums.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2018 at 11:20
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ Thanks, but because songs were rerecorded I would keep it in Studio albums.

Even if I agree with you, you didn't post total time, and I would post the whole explanation of the band in the "Release info" 

- E&O Team: Fair comment. Thanks, done.

Edited by NotAProghead - May 29 2018 at 11:28
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 08:45
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7724

New website

https://www.facebook.com/SilverKeyProg

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=57405
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=57404
Duplication

E&O Team: Thanks, the site changed.
And I see someone already deleted duplication.

Edited by NotAProghead - May 29 2018 at 11:38
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 11:36
^ The first of these albums seems to have already been deleted, but the second one has no track times, and isn't properly formatted.

1. In Castle Dome (5:35)
2. 22 Days (5:59)
3. Accommodations (3:04)
4. Can't Ask Why (5:41)
5. Opposite Middle (3:35)
6. Telluride Speed 06:27)
7. Expired (5:41)
8. Rocks on Rainbow (1:45)
9. Spoil with the Rest (3:42)

The main page for Riley Walker could do with a bit of help too - there is no biography for a start, and the photo is very poor.

Here is a biography I quickly adapted from Wikipedia , which is certainly better than nothing:

Riley WALKER is a Prog Folk artist from Rockford, Illinois, who began his career in Chicago's independent music scene in the early 2010s, releasing several cassette EPs and a vinyl EP. In 2014 he released his debut album 'All Kinds of You' on the Tompkins Square label, and followed it early in 2015 with 'Primrose Green', released on Dead Oceans - an album which included guest appearances by several noted Chicago jazz and experimental musicians such as Fred LONBERG-HOLM.

In 2015, Walker also released an instrumental album entitled 'Land of Plenty', recorded in collaboration with fellow Chicago musician Bill MACKAY, whom he met in January 2014 at a friend’s birthday party. They soon began meeting at Bill’s southwest Chicago home to write and improvise together. The album itself was recorded live during a January 2015 residency at The Whistler in Chicago.

On August 19 2016, Walker released his fourth album 'Golden Sings That Have Been Sung', representing yet another change in his evolving sound. His first two solo albums were perhaps a throwback to the sounds and aesthetics of quasi-mystical British folk of the late 1960s and early 70s. However, on 'Golden Sings That Have Been Sung', Walker tones down those influences somewhat, shifting things back a little closer to home - with hints of the late 90s baroque folk of Chicago artists like GASTR DEL SOL and Jim O’ROURKE more evident in his music - particularly on the opening track.

A second collaboration with Bill MACKAY called 'SpiderBeetleBee' was released in October 2017, and his latest solo album 'Deafman Glance' was released in May 2018.

A selection of better images to include can be found here.

Edited by yam yam - May 29 2018 at 11:39
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 11:59
^ Thanks, done.
I took photo from the artist FB page and only then clicked your link to images. Please look is this good enough or there are better choices (without watermarks and any copyright marks).  
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 12:08
^ The angle of the shot isn't ideal, but it's certainly better than the original photo. There are dozens of decent shots of Ryley on that link I gave, and most don't have any watermarks or copyright marks. I would probably have chosen this one, but it's a all a matter of personal choice, and the one you have already included is certainly good enough for this site.

Edit: OMG! His name is Ryley, not Riley...Even THAT was wrong on the original entry...and I only just noticed it. Sorry!! Embarrassed

Edited by yam yam - May 29 2018 at 12:19
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 13:12
^ No prob - corrected both, and also the webpage - Thanks !

(I'll look at the albums now...)

Edited by Quinino - May 29 2018 at 13:15
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 13:26
You'll  probably have beaten me to it, but http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=49632 - No track times, minor formatting errors.

1. The West Wind (5:17)
2. Blessings (5:26)
3. Twin Oaks Pt. I (3:24)
4. Great River Road (2:47)
5. Clear The Sky (4:54)
6. Twin Oaks Pt. II (5:06)
7. Fonda (2:08)
8. On The Rise (3:02)
9. Tanglewood Spaces (3:39)

And http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=49634 No track times, formatting errors.

1. Devil In The Old Dominion (8:39)
2. The Psychic Parish (9:24)
3. Sunny Side Of The Blue Ridge (4:32)
4. A Most Loving Spirit (7:34)

No link to confirm, but I have the album in my possession, so please accept these times.

There are no instruments mentioned in the credits at the moment on our page for this album, but it is an all-instrumental affair, with both musicians just playing acoustic guitar.

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=55091 just has formatting errors in the Line-up / Musicians section, but the info is taken from discogs, so should be correct.

Please also amend the first line of my biography, which still contains the Riley (should be Ryley) error.

Edit: I just looked at the main page for Ryley again, and the correction to the spelling of his name in the biography has been done...but the old original crappy photo is back!! Confused

Edited by yam yam - May 29 2018 at 13:43
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 14:32

There are no instruments mentioned in the credits at the moment on our page for this album, but it is an all-instrumental affair, with both musicians just playing acoustic guitar.

From Allmusic I take Walker played 12-string and Bachman 6-string and electric - but I had to move it to EP's (though the expanded reissue had a couple bonus Live tracks)

Edit: I just looked at the main page for Ryley again, and the correction to the spelling of his name in the biography has been done...but the old original crappy photo is back!! Confused

No way!!!! - look again and refresh the page, maybe you're still seeing the cache of the page kept by the browser

Anyway, good work, all corrected now - thx a bunch Thumbs Up
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 16:45
Lol! Chrome is still giving me the old crappy photo, but its all fine in IE11. When Eugene changed the photo several hours ago the new one showed up straight away in Chrome, so it's most strange that it reverted back to the old photo an hour or so later after you'd changed it again!

Discogs gave the instrumentation on the album as just acoustic guitars for both musicians, so I went along with that. On listening to the album now though, I can definitely hear electric guitar sounds on one or perhaps two tracks, so I apologise for misleading you there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 214215216217218 489>