Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 238239240241242 489>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 11:04
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

They didn't re-record the songs, they only took the original tapes, and done some remixing, editing and overdubbing. The final result is slightly different from the original takes, but they are still pretty much Harmonium original songs. 

Let's look at the credits (taken here):

With such impressive list of musicians and set of instruments it's hard to believe that the "result is slightly different from the original takes".

Please don't get me wrong, I think it's an important album for Harmonium fans, the last thing I want to see is its deletion from PA database. But I prefer if we'd find it a right place.

Hope the teams will respond Josè and sort things out.

Edited by NotAProghead - March 29 2019 at 11:04
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 12:26
^ Yeah, but you have to believe me. I'm a fan, and I know my Harmonium! Wink

Even if you don't know Harmonium, you'll notice the 70's vibe and sound in those songs.

The most noticeable changes are the added drums in some acoustic songs (from their first two albums), choirs/strings/horns in several places and some "flanger" effects here and there.

Most of the vocals, guitars, basses, drums and keyboards are from the original recordings.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 13:42
^ Good to know, you know your Harmonium. Smile

I hope with your help we'll find a solution. By the way, I like a lot "Si On Avait Besoin D'Une Cinquième Saison" album, though it was not love at first sight.
Per Kohler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2019 at 14:59
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=61774

I think this album belongs to VARIOUS ARTISTS (LABEL SAMPLERS) Boxset & Compilations

Thanks!
Per Köhler
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2019 at 16:43
^ Moved as you suggest, thanks !
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2019 at 10:10
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=61857

With:
Joey Vera (Fates Warning, Chroma Key) - bass
Bobby Jarzombek (Fates Warning, Spastic Ink) - drums
Frank Aresti (Fates Warning) - guitars
Sean Malone (Cynic) - bass
Matt Lynch (Trioscapes) - drums
Thomas Lang (John Wetton, StOrk, Paul Gilbert, Eric Gillette)- drums
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2019 at 10:37
^ Done, thanks
grom63 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grom63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2019 at 12:32
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2019 at 13:18
Originally posted by grom63 grom63 wrote:

There are wrong tracklist on tis album: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=60541

Of course, don't know what happened - thanks mate, done !
GIACCAR View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIACCAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2019 at 12:56
Hi friends,
there is a wrong bio and photo on http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=3915
right photo and bio is on https://www.discogs.com/it/artist/3251000-Karmablue

The right line up of Né apparenze né comete CD album is:

Line-up / Musicians
- Vera Perkins / vocals
- Giacomo Caruso / guitar, guitar synth, loops
- Flavio Marini / guitar, noise, effectsi
- Simone Colaiacomo / bass, keyboards
- Paolo Marini / drums, percussion, guitar, backing vocals

With:
- Gloria Imparato / spoken words
- Giacomo De Caterini / production, electronics

Thanks! Smile
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2019 at 14:21
Thanks Giacomo, (can I assume you are the band's guitarist ?)

I updated the album (with small corecctions, see if you agree), song durations and better cover picture.
The photo was an old one from MySpace (classsic line-up?) and I kept it and added a recent one - is it OK?

The Bio would need more detailed review, and I don't feel comfortable just hijacking Discogs  - but if you are its  author  then you could post it here with your OK (or PM me) and that would be my pleasure to then change it on our DB.

Looking forward to your help my friend
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 10:46
I was going to send this as a PM, tried multiple times, but Captcha won't let me (lost the first in transit and this one it wouldn't let through either), but I think it relates to a bigger issue so it's probably best discussed here with possibly multiple parties.

Jose,

I notice you made a change to my These Trails bio (a band I only added yesterday).

Before making changes, I think it would be courteous to contact the one how made th addition if possible, suggest and then give them the option to make those changes themselves if considered necessary.

I would rather suggestions be mentioned to me directly, and the I will consider it and make the changes myself if need be (I signed off on the bio, and would rather people not add to my words). As I said when I made notification of the addition, I might make edits later myself.

The only change I see is that you added "Founded in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA in 1971 - Disbanded in 1974"

As I wrote at the start of my bio, "Hailing from Hawaii, THESE TRAILS, which would be better-described as a collection of people who created an album called These Trails together than as a band proper, released one album in 1973. These musicians did not perform professionally together in gigs, nor did they make other recordings together."

So disbanded doesn't provide useful information as I don't think they were a proper band.

If adding this to start to the bios is a requirement, then that should me made clear policy for all who are making bios (maybe it is, and I missed it).

I know you've done this a lot with people's bios, and I will ask the other admin about it, but for now I am changing it back. If the changes are required as this is a requirement, then I shall make the changes myself.

I think it may be discouraging for some people when they put a lot of time into an addition (artist pages and albums) just to see it soon edited by someone else with minor and unnecessary changes (like it wasn't good enough). Unless it really needs changing, this includes things such as the bio, album info, artist images, then I think one should be careful before making changes (and contact the person if still around so the next time they do it right if it is clearly wrong or needs work). Had I not checked on the page of my addition, I wouldn't even have been aware of the changes (notification would be nice when practical).

Also, I don't like many of the band/artist image changed to the DB. Was it necessary to add a picture of a much older Tim Smith to the Cardiacs band pic:
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=1488 I like to see Tim SMith getting some love, but that' Tim Smith post stroke, I believe, after he couldn't be in the band (or as you added to the bio, "on hiatus since 2008" (wish they all would come back), as he isn't with the band there and the band is not going, so I;m not sure how relevant or useful it is as a change.

SO I removed "Founded in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA in 1971 - Disbanded in 1974". I don;t think it provides necessary info and seems to contradict what I wrote in my first sentence of the bio (that may be debatable, but then let's have the debate before making changes).

EDIT as it's been raised before, see this topic for more information: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=118250

Edited by Logan - April 08 2019 at 11:51
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 10:56
The biography of the French band Clearlight talks about "jazz violinist Didier Malherbe", who is a sax and flute player; it is instead Didier Lockwood who is the violinist who played with Clearlight (on two albums). However, Didier Malherbe also played on two albums of Clearlight, so it should probably be changed to "jazz violinist Didier Lockwood and woodwind player Didier Malherbe".

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2019 at 10:31
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

The biography of the French band Clearlight talks about "jazz violinist Didier Malherbe", who is a sax and flute player; it is instead Didier Lockwood who is the violinist who played with Clearlight (on two albums). However, Didier Malherbe also played on two albums of Clearlight, so it should probably be changed to "jazz violinist Didier Lockwood and woodwind player Didier Malherbe".

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=62

I'm a fan of Clearlight and those players. While Didier Malherbe plays various woodwind instruments, I might add "saxophone, flute..." in parenthesis since some people wrongly assume the saxophone not to be a woodwind because it's made of brass. "The saxophone is a woodwind? It's brass you ignoramus". ;)

I'm not personally keen on this whole paragraph from the bio "Cyrille Verdeaux's work is similar to ARJEN LUCASSEN'S AYREON albums because he has incorporated the talents of several other singers, songwriters, and composers such as David Cross of KING CRIMSON, Tim Blake and Steve Hillage of GONG, and jazz violinist Didier Malherbe" but I will only make the factual changes.

I won't try to contact the bio writer, since I don't believe that that person is around any longer.

EDIT: So I made the changes, mostly exactly as you wrote, but I said "jazz violinist Didier Lockwood and woodwind player Didier Malherbe on saxophone and flute." I don't know of any other woodwinds that he played with Clearlight.

Edited by Logan - April 09 2019 at 10:40
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2019 at 10:35
For the Biglietto Per L'Inferno entry it says "Giuseppe Banfi" for keyboards. It should say Baffo Banfi. He is listed as Giussepe in the solo section for Baffo Banfi and while that might actually be his real name he used Baffo in Biglietto Per L'inferno(maybe to avoid confusion with the other Giuseppe)and is better known as Baffo.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2019 at 14:51
^ According to http://www.italianprog.com/ (no direct link to the band, you have to choose Artists, then Biglietto Per L'Inferno) Baffo is his nickname (Giuseppe "Baffo" Banfi), i.e. Giuseppe Banfi is the real name.

So both Giuseppe "Baffo" Banfi and Giuseppe Banfi are correct.

Edited by NotAProghead - April 15 2019 at 14:55
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2019 at 16:00
On this page, all the reviews are in bold because someone forgot to close their html code.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2019 at 16:57
^ Fixed. Wink
TechnicolorMan1 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechnicolorMan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2019 at 16:12
The information for Andreas Vollenweider has an error in it. Carly Simon did not sing the song Harvest on Eolian Minstrel. It was sung by Eliza Gilkyson. Carly sang the song Private Fires on the same album. Wink

Edited by TechnicolorMan1 - April 20 2019 at 16:12
Xymph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xymph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2019 at 08:20
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=1717: album title should use "&" instead of "and" (and song title probably too, although there's ambiguity on Discogs). Sources: the cover image, Wikipedia, Discogs, Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, etc.

Edited by Xymph - April 21 2019 at 08:21
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 238239240241242 489>