Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 239240241242243 491>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2019 at 13:42
^ Thanks, done.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2019 at 13:53
Originally posted by TechnicolorMan1 TechnicolorMan1 wrote:

The information for Andreas Vollenweider has an error in it. Carly Simon did not sing the song Harvest on Eolian Minstrel. It was sung by Eliza Gilkyson. Carly sang the song Private Fires on the same album. Wink

Please give more details and, by the way, links would be helpful in future.
I couldn't find info who sings what on discogs, so I have no idea what songs each of the ladies sings.

Edited by NotAProghead - April 21 2019 at 14:10
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2019 at 20:19
The 2003 release "Prog Day" by Arti e Mestieri is actually a live album but is listed under studio albums. If you read the review it even says that it's recorded at Progday which was(actually is)a prog festival. 
TechnicolorMan1 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechnicolorMan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2019 at 21:14
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

Originally posted by TechnicolorMan1 TechnicolorMan1 wrote:

The information for Andreas Vollenweider has an error in it. Carly Simon did not sing the song Harvest on Eolian Minstrel. It was sung by Eliza Gilkyson. Carly sang the song Private Fires on the same album. Wink

Please give more details and, by the way, links would be helpful in future.
I couldn't find info who sings what on discogs, so I have no idea what songs each of the ladies sings.

The artists for each track is on Vollenweider's website above. All one has to do however is listen to Harvest and then Private Fires to know which one sang which tune. Carly's voice is very distinctive and instantly recognizable. My first correction so sorry about not providing detail.

Harvest   5:22

Andreas Vollenweider: harp 
Eliza Gilkyson: voice & acoustic guitar -  
Walter Keiser: drums -  
Marc Portmann: electric guitar 
Eberhard Hahn: pans water pipe -  
Christoph Stiefel: organ & keyboards 
Lyrics: Eliza Gilkyson & Andreas Vollenweider

Private Fires  4:08

Andreas Vollenweider: harp 
Carly Simon: voice 
Eliza Gilkyson: acoustic guitar 

Walter Keiser: drums 
Marc Portmann: electric guitar 
Ernst Ströer: percussion 
Music: Andreas Vollenweider 
Lyrics: Carly Simon 

Edited by TechnicolorMan1 - April 21 2019 at 21:22
Xymph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xymph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2019 at 03:21
Re: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=1717
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ Thanks, done.

Uhm, an 's' in the song title was accidentally deleted too. Wink
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2019 at 15:02
^ Oh, sorry. Corrected now.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2019 at 17:41
What about my Arti e Mestieri inquiry four posts above? ;)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 06:40
^ Thanks, fixed now. 

According to this page it was "recorded during the rehearsals for the Progday 2003", so formally it's a studio album (live in studio is anyway studio album). But because on artist pages we have now "Top albums" category (instead of "Studio albums" as it was before), I moved "Prog Day" to Live albums.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 08:26
Well, the reviewer didn't specify that. Also, live in studio could be considered live depending on how you want to look at it. I didn't see that so if you want to change it back it's up to you. Not sure what is meant by "top albums." I thought you just list all of a bands studio albums in that section. 
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 17:04
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=61994

Dario Gianń - 5 strings Bass Guitars , Keyboards & Synth, Mellotron, Rhodes, Hammond, Moog 
Lorenzo Gianń - Lead & Rhythm Electric Guitars, 8 String Electric Guitar, 12 String Acoustic Guitar, Keyboards, Mellotron (6,9), Backing Vocals (4) 
Baco D́ Silenzio - Lead & Backing Vocals 
Salvo Crucitti - Drums
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 18:44
^ Thanks, Mayer, done.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 18:58
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Well, the reviewer didn't specify that. Also, live in studio could be considered live depending on how you want to look at it. I didn't see that so if you want to change it back it's up to you.
Let's consider it's live. Smile

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Not sure what is meant by "top albums." I thought you just list all of a bands studio albums in that section. 
I don't remember when "studio albums" were renamed to "top albums" (when looked from Admin panel they are "Major Releases"). I guess it was done to distinguish between "real" major releases and studio re-recordings like this one. The problem is that there is no category on PA for such re-recordings - they are not compilations or Fan Club releases, so they keep on staying in "top albums".

From the other hand, some live albums containing only new material might be moved to "top albums", but I'm afraid this will be a bit confusing.
Ernie M View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2019 at 14:51
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2816#videos

The link (above) should be the link to the Mormos albums, the errors I spotted were in the Reviews listed below the link.

My name is Richard Ernest Mansfield (aka Rick or Ernie Mansfield) and I was a member of Mormos from 1971 to 1973. There are some inaccuracies in the “history” of the Mormos as described by some reviewers, on this site and others, and so I would like to set the record straight.

In a review of Magic Spell of Mother’s Wrath, ClemofNazareth states, “a few of them [Mormos] wandered back to the U.S. to land in a more conventional rock group named Mountain Bus (and later renamed to SkyFarmer after they were not surprisingly sued by Leslie West and his Mountain crew).” This is not accurate. Mountain Bus had existed long before Leslie West and Mountain. (For more information about Mountain Bus and the lawsuit, visit their biography at AllMusic (https://www.allmusic.com/artist/mountain-bus-mn0000929366/biography). 

Mountain Bus had already been disbanded and re-formed into SkyFarmer by 1973, when Annie Hat, Elliott Delman, and myself joined the group.

Further, Annie Hat and Ann Linquist are two different people. Ann Linquist sang on one track of a SkyFarmer album. Annie Hat was lead singer of Mormos (and SkyFarmer). Annie Hat also played electric bass on the Magic Spell album. Richard Ernest Mansfield (ie, myself) played flute in the Mormos, not Annie.

Thank you!

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2019 at 16:54
^ Thanks, Richard.

We can't correct reviews, better contact Bob (ClemofNazareth). Only reviewers may correct their own reviews.

But if you'd like to update bio on MORMOS page, please post the text you suggest. This would be very helpful.
Ernie M View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2019 at 14:27
Thanks, please call me Ernie,,

So, how do I update the Mormos page? Sorry for being such a newbie! I clicked on the links on that page, northing opened up. Thanks!!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2019 at 20:04
^ Thanks, Ernie.

You can't update bio directly, only Admins and Special Collabs have rights to update artist pages.

I would propose to add your info to current bio, then I'll update the page. If it will be necessary I'll ask Prog Folk team whether they agree with changes. If it's OK for you, please post your info here.

Current bio:
"Out of the remains of a super psychedelic rock band called SPOILS OF WAR, which develop an extra-cerebral rock containing dreamy folk rock, acid rock and electronic collages, and whose albums fetch fortunes, James Cuomo formed MORMOS. 

The group moved to France and concentrated on the European scene playing a folk-rock that was rather complementary to the kind of the old world. Their sound on the first album can be likened to Incredible String Band, while their excellent second album MAGIC SPELL OF MOTHER'S WRATH... delved into a mixture of jazz and folk, somehow stepping between The Pentangle and John Martyn. Their only two albums are highly revered in folk circles but certainly deserve the proghead's attention."
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2019 at 13:17
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=62029

The name is wrong, (No need for 2019 and Blu-ray)
The Cover is not the cover
the time is not right, a mess
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2019 at 14:24
It would help if you would provide the details (including external links and the correct cover).
Just a fanboy passin' through.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2019 at 22:25
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

It would help if you would provide the details (including external links and the correct cover).

Instead of fixing an error that no one even bothered to notify you but me, you asking me to do the work and I'm not in Errors & Omissions Team, sometimes I don't believe how ungrateful you can be instead of saying thank you!
Ernie M View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2019 at 00:20
Thanks, NotaProg--

Here is my proposed BIO, perhaps you can add this after the BIO you already have, and/or edit if necessary. Thanks!!

Mormos History

Mormos was founded and directed by Jim Cuomo, who was the former bandleader of the psychedelic/electronic rock band Spoils of War. Around 1970, Cuomo was music director of La Mama Theatre Co. in NYC. While on tour in Paris, France with La Mama, Cuomo and the LaMama trio performed at Chez Jacques, and were offered a recording contract. Cuomo promptly returned to the States to recruit Spoils of War lead singer, Annie Hat, and fellow musicians Ernie Mansfield and Elliott Delman (who had been recording with Dan Fogelberg). They all flew back to Pars, and Mormos was formed.

From 1971 to 1973, Mormos was constantly performing in France, Switzerland, Belgium, and Holland. Mormos also performed and recorded with numerous other artists in France.

When Mormos disbanded in 1973, Annie Hat, Ernie Mansfield, and Elliott Delman returned to the States to join the SkyFarmer band. Sandy Spencer went on to tour with John Renbourne (of Pentangle fame). Jim Cuomo remained in Paris, performing and recording with numerous groups.

Recordings

Great Wall of China (Album)

Magic Stone/Hey Gilles (Single)

Paranoid Nightdress / Listen to the Flavour (Single)

The Magic Spell of Mother’s Wrath (Album)

Mormos - The Live Album (Album coming soon!)

Band Members and Instruments

Jim Cuomo - bandleader, domra, recorder, vocals, balalaika, clarinet*, saxophone*

Annie Hat Williams - lead vocals, bass*

Elliott Delman - guitar, vocals

Rick Ernest Mansfield - flutes, balalaika, piano*, harmonica*, percussion*

Sandy Spencer - Cello

Tobia Taylor - balalaika, zither, recorder, vocals (on first album only)

• Instruments played on The Magic Spell of Mother’s Wrath

This information is posted April, 2019 by Ernie Mansfield, member of Mormos, and most information can  be confirmed on Discogs or by the printed record jackets. For more information please contact [email protected]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 239240241242243 491>