Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 264265266267268 489>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2020 at 19:34
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=1721

The name of the album is very clear "The Wedge" but someone had an idea of [AKA...] why?
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2020 at 20:19
^ Thanks, Mayer, done.
You're right, Knightmoves To Wedge is a different beast.

Edited by NotAProghead - April 07 2020 at 20:20
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2020 at 09:46

The name of the album is very clear "Kayak II" but someone had an idea of [AKA...] why? Here is their website link

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2020 at 10:19
^ I guess Jose wanted to have both names.

I think the proper title is "Kayak", not "Kayak II". Additionally, unlike LZ, Kayak didn't have 4 self-titled albums.
Album page on Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/Kayak-Kayak/master/72441. There are no version entitled "Kayak II". 
This version entitled "Alibi", but we read in the notes: 
"Title "Alibi" only appears on spine, no title printed on front cover, back cover or labels."

So I've changed the name to "Kayak".
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2020 at 14:54
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ I guess Jose wanted to have both names.

I think the proper title is "Kayak", not "Kayak II". Additionally, unlike LZ, Kayak didn't have 4 self-titled albums.
Album page on Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/Kayak-Kayak/master/72441. There are no version entitled "Kayak II". 
This version entitled "Alibi", but we read in the notes: 
"Title "Alibi" only appears on spine, no title printed on front cover, back cover or labels."

So I've changed the name to "Kayak".

... but the link I sent you was from Kayak's own website and they call it Kayak II since they had an album that came out before this one
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2020 at 15:44
^ That's true, but they had to call the album "Kayak II" in 1974, but now, when everywhere it's listed as "Kayak", it's too late I think.
Xymph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xymph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2020 at 03:17
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=65222 times:

1. Unself (1:05)
2. Self (2:55)
3. King Ghost (4:06)
4. 12 Things I Forgot (4:42)
5. Eminent Sleaze (3:52)
6. Personal Shopper (9:49)
7. Man of the People (4:41)
8. Follower (4:39)
9. Anyone but Me (3:53)

Total Time 39:42

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Future_Bites
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2020 at 09:29
^ Thanks, done.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2020 at 13:11
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=2928

The name of the album is very clear "Heartbreak Hill" but someone had an idea of [AKA...] why?
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2020 at 14:32
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=322

The covers of the 2 albums that are posted are on Discogs website

The ones that I have are different so I checked the website and mine are the same as the website?

Well? what came 1st?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2020 at 14:59
^ OK, let's check them.

This means current cover on PA is correct.

This means both current covers on PA are correct.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2020 at 15:10
Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=2928

The name of the album is very clear "Heartbreak Hill" but someone had an idea of [AKA...] why?

Why you keep on calling Jose "someone"? Smile
I think in this case he's correct. "Heartbreak Hill" description on Discogs reads: 
"Recording from 1978, initially and for years only available on MC under the title "Starting Over"."

Mentioned MC is here: https://www.discogs.com/Strawbs-Starting-Over/release/12474426, but its release year unknown and it's too rare for renaming the album to "Starting Over".

Thanks, but I prefer to keep "Heartbreak Hill" entry as it is (i.e. with "aka Starting Over").
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2020 at 10:53
Can it be confirmed that the new album Cowhorse is in fact a Circa: album?  From the name of the album to the cover to the lack of the : after the name Circa, it struck me as an oddity.  Checking on Yesworld under Sherwood's discography there is no listing of this album.  Nor can I find any information that points in the direction of it being Sherwood's Circa:  That aside, I listened to the Amazon samples and a couple of songs on Youtube and I don't know who it is singing but it isn't Sherwood, nor does it sound like Circa's Yes-lite/AOR sound. 
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2020 at 11:50
^ Perhaps here.
Or on Apple Music where Circa discography includes the same albums as on PA.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2020 at 12:01
^Yeah, I saw those.  The first one looks like some kind of download site.  And on Apple Music there are also albums by another band Circa with a female singer.  I think there are multiple bands with the name getting mixed together.  This Circa sounds like a modern indie band (closer to something like Coldplay than Yes).  It could be them after a massive switch in style and a singer that isn't Billy Sherwood, but I really don't think it is.  Confirmation would be someone who has a physical copy of the album with the booklet listing Sherwood, et al as the band members. 
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
SouthSideoftheSky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2020 at 12:25
Originally posted by The Doctor The Doctor wrote:

Can it be confirmed that the new album Cowhorse is in fact a Circa: album?  From the name of the album to the cover to the lack of the : after the name Circa, it struck me as an oddity.  Checking on Yesworld under Sherwood's discography there is no listing of this album.  Nor can I find any information that points in the direction of it being Sherwood's Circa:  That aside, I listened to the Amazon samples and a couple of songs on Youtube and I don't know who it is singing but it isn't Sherwood, nor does it sound like Circa's Yes-lite/AOR sound. 

I came here to ask that very same question after seeing this supposed Circa album on the front page. I think it all seems very suspicious, the things you mention plus the line-up and the label. Circa has not had that line-up since their debut album and the label “Irished” - never heard of, sounds like a name of a Folk Rock label which would seem to go well with that album title and cover art. I am a fan of Circa and have not heard anything about this album before.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2020 at 12:45
^^ Please, guys, if you'll be sure it's an album by another Circa, ask admins to delete it.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2020 at 23:12
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^^ Please, guys, if you'll be sure it's an album by another Circa, ask admins to delete it.

I don't hang out in the forum much anymore.  Who are the admins, since the errors team seems incapable of handling the situation.  If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I think it would behoove PA to err on the side of caution here and not add something that probably has nothing to do with the band in question.  Like Southside, I'm a Circa: and Billy Sherwood fan and a new Sherwood release is pretty much an auto buy for me.  Glad I checked this one out though before buying because I'm pretty sure there would have been disappointment.  It just struck me as strange (for reasons listed above) and I went and listened to samples.  And I'm pretty sure this group has nothing to do with the Sherwood led group. 

Edited by The Doctor - April 10 2020 at 23:14
ProgthankfulRich View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgthankfulRich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2020 at 04:19
I messaged the Circa: band on Facebook, and I can 100% confirm that The Cowhorse is NOT a Circa: project. I have no idea how to reach the admins and ask to delete, I thought this forum was the place to report/request changes be made. Bless!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2020 at 09:29
^^ Thanks, guys, I'll contact some Admin and ask to delete the album.

I think you know how the site works: any registered member may add albums of artists included on PA. There is no premoderation, if you click "About us" on PA main page you see up to 50 newly added albums here
Obviously neither Admins nor Collabs can check each added album because it takes too much time. So wrong additions are possible from time to time. But only Admins can delete albums.

By the way, reaching Admins is pretty simple:
1. Go to PA main page.
2. Click LOG IN in the upper part of the page.
3. Look who of Admins is active:
4. Send PM to chosen Admin.

Edited by NotAProghead - April 11 2020 at 09:31
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 264265266267268 489>