Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272273274275276 490>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 09:17
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=52738

No info whatsoever even no ID for who added those albums

- E&O Team: Thanks, PMd the author, Ottfried Mietzke, I guess he added these albums. Hope he'll send me the albums' info.

The name of the album is "Tales" not Tales (compilation)

- E&O Team: Thanks, done.

Edited by NotAProghead - May 26 2020 at 15:07
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 09:23
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9892

the last paragraph on the bio is wrong and needs to be deleted
"Their fifth album "The Lost Dimension" will be released in autumn 2016, in collaboration with a new keyboardist Hubertus FELDMANN"

- E&O Team: Thanks, done.

Edited by NotAProghead - May 26 2020 at 15:24
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 09:36
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=65189

Line-up / Musicians  again no names when the names are on the Bandcamp page on the long introduction at the bottom of the page

mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 09:42
Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

Line-up / Musicians  again no names when the names are on the Bandcamp page on the long introduction at the bottom of the page

What did TCat really updated? I think nothing

I'll make it easy!
- Véronique Vincent / vocals
- Marc Hollander / keyboards, sax & clarinets, percussion, programming, field recordings
- Faustine Hollander / backing vocals, bass, guitar
- Lucien Fraipont / guitars
- Erik Heestermans / drums

With:
- Michel Berckmans / basoon
- Steven Brown / vocals
- Fred Frith / viola, guitar
- Julien Gasc / vocals
- Audrey Ginestet / backing vocals, field recordings
- Benjamin Glibert / guitar, backing vocals
- Jordi Grognard / clarinet, bass clarinet, flute
- Martin Méreau / drums, percussion, vibraphone
- Sebastiaan Van den Branden / guitar, percussion

- E&O Team: Thanks, done (including the previous post).
Don't ask me what TCat upated, I don't know.

Edited by NotAProghead - May 26 2020 at 15:38
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 10:45
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

Album without cover art, here:

But I struggle to find one...

The closest I have been is:
or

Yeah, that's my addition. And indeed it was discogs were I took the cover from. No idea why it doesn't show the cover (I've added dozens of items succesfully). May have stg to do with updatings of my computer.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 15:24

What did TCat really updated? I think nothing

I'll make it easy!
- Véronique Vincent / vocals
- Marc Hollander / keyboards, sax & clarinets, percussion, programming, field recordings
- Faustine Hollander / backing vocals, bass, guitar
- Lucien Fraipont / guitars
- Erik Heestermans / drums

With:
- Michel Berckmans / basoon
- Steven Brown / vocals
- Fred Frith / viola, guitar
- Julien Gasc / vocals
- Audrey Ginestet / backing vocals, field recordings
- Benjamin Glibert / guitar, backing vocals
- Jordi Grognard / clarinet, bass clarinet, flute
- Martin Méreau / drums, percussion, vibraphone
- Sebastiaan Van den Branden / guitar, percussion

Hmmm....Not really sure what I did to set you off....

Anyway, I updated the release information and the release date.  And so, because I had actually seen the Bandcamp page before you did apparently, the line-up was not posted at the time, otherwise I would have put it in.

Thanks!

NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 15:42
^^ Updated with the help of Mayer and this page.

Looks like with your ugre to make PA the most complete prog resource E&O Team will never lose the job. Smile

Edited by NotAProghead - May 26 2020 at 15:42
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 16:03
Originally posted by Matti Matti wrote:

Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

Album without cover art, here:

But I struggle to find one...

The closest I have been is:
or

Yeah, that's my addition. And indeed it was discogs were I took the cover from. No idea why it doesn't show the cover (I've added dozens of items succesfully). May have stg to do with updatings of my computer.

Thanks, done.

When I add or correct albums I always check how the page look after my updates. If something's wrong I correct it using Admin panel. If this doesn't work I ask Admins' help. Hope you'll act this way in future too.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 16:14
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^^ Updated with the help of Mayer and this page.

Looks like with your ugre to make PA the most complete prog resource E&O Team will never lose the job. Smile

That's good.  I'm glad you are around to sweep up the messes that are made, believe me, it is appreciated.  When the albums are entered, the information isn't always there, and that is why this entire web site works is because we are all supposed to work together. 

Just yesterday, I was updating some discographies and ran across a band that was entered a few years ago, and not a single album was listed on their page.  I ended up adding 4 albums and 2 EPs to just that page alone.  (The band is called "All You've Seen" by the way.  https://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=8942)  I don't know if the albums weren't added because no one knew the band line-ups because they weren't on either the discogs or the bandcamp site.  But what's the point of having a band listed and no albums added (or having missing albums for that matter) This is what happens when we wait until all of the "information" is available.  It's better to have a complete discography and when someone who knows more about the band comes along later, then they can contact us with the information, hopefully not in such a snibby way as others do.

I do this all free, just like everyone else does.  I do it because I enjoy it.  And I hope you never do lose your "job" or that the job doesn't lose you because what you are doing is valuable to the site.  I appreciate your work, I just want you to know that.  I'm sorry if you have been underappreciated in the past, but it hasn't been from me, except for not expressing it before now. 

Edited by TCat - May 26 2020 at 16:18

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 17:06
^ Please believe I highly appreciate your work too, frankly. After all we are here "in the same boat". Handshake

I only prefer if it would be more rational, to say so. Like I said before, it would be helpful to distinguish between urgent and not-so-urgent additions. In case of the latter (regular albums, not limited editions) it's much easier to wait until the complete info appears and do the adding job once and forever.

Your example with ALL YOU'VE SEEN band ("a band that was entered a few years ago, and not a single album was listed on their page") illustrates disadvantages of the "let's do it right now" approach perfectly. The band was evaluated, added and then left forgotten. If the genre team would add the albums when the band was added, it wouldn't be necessary for you to "add 4 albums and 2 EPs" now.

You add albums and plan to update them later. Are you sure you will not forget at least some of them? OK, if you remember everything. But as a member of our "specific" team I see that people often forget to finish their job.

P.S. I never thought whether my presence on PA is underappreciated (or overappreciated). I stay here because I like to be here. Some things (like corrections) are routine, some (participating in writing bios, communication) are more creative. I can't complain. Smile

Edited by NotAProghead - May 26 2020 at 18:01
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 18:28
^And I understand your side of it too.  I have been striving to look harder for any information I can, but sometimes it is woefully lacking.  There are also times when I misjudge the time and have to hurry it along so I run out of time to research more.  I have been making it a point since our last discussion to write down anything unfinished and go back and complete the next time I can get into the site before I start on something else.  Hopefully this will help alleviate any unfinished entries at least on my end.

Edited by TCat - May 26 2020 at 18:30

Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 08:24
Just noticed there are several albums by MICHAEL STEARNS (Progressive Electronic) missing from the database.

Albums to be found here:

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 09:09
^ Hope one day someone will add them. Smile
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 15:56
https://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=64577

1. My Mind in the Cage (7:33)
2. Frozen Heart (10:36)
3. Red Moon (6:56)
4. Black Wind (7:01)
5. The Great Escape from the Shadows (5:19)
6. Joy is Your Name (7:03)

Total Time  44:28
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 16:09
^ Thanks, Mayer, done.
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2020 at 17:16
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I feel like the band Slint is mislabeled on this website. They're under prog related when their album "Spiderland" is one of the textbook Post/Math Rock albums. In fact, it's kinda the Court of the Crimson king of Post/Math Rock. So i'm curious, here is the Rateyourmusic page:

The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2020 at 18:21
^ We can't change genres, it's up to Admins and genre teams.
Please contact them if you'd like to move the band. But keep in mind that it's a long procedure.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2020 at 22:35
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I feel like the band Slint is mislabeled on this website. They're under prog related when their album "Spiderland" is one of the textbook Post/Math Rock albums. In fact, it's kinda the Court of the Crimson king of Post/Math Rock. So i'm curious, here is the Rateyourmusic page:

ex-Post Team (Bryan, GoldenSpiral, Jimbo) have already evaluated Slint and unanimously voted "Related" for them. The current Post / Math Team (octopus-4 and me) respect their opinion. Smile
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2020 at 23:20
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=67058

- Jem Godfrey / vocals, keyboards
- John Mitchell (Arena, Kino) / guitars
- Nathan King (Dec Burke) / bass
- Craig Blundell (Pendragon) / drums
- Andy Edwards / drums
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2020 at 23:39
^ Thanks, done.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272273274275276 490>