Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 188189190191192 491>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 07:25
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ Obviously in both cases original versions and partially re-recorded reissues should have separate entries.

The only problem is reviews - there are too many to ask reviewers to repost them.
There is a small chance (if you have time to read all of them) - if all reviews refer to reissues, you can add original LPs separately.

Ahaaa, good suggestion ! - I'll add LP's and then try to contact reviewers so they can choose on which album version to include their post. Geek

(If something goes not as planned we can always go back and delete the new additions, right ?)

Josè, are you sure all reviews are about reissues? If not, please leave albums as they are. The only thing we can do is to list tracks of original LPs and reissues.

Otherwise you risk to find out that some reviewers are long time inactive and can't repost their reviews.
Deleting new entries "if something goes not as planned" may be a problem if new reviews appear.

Conclusion: read ALL reviews first, then act accordingly.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 08:48
^ Too late (?), I added the albums already, and contacted the reviewers in order to let them choose wether change or let them as they are now.

Not willing to go against your better judgement,  but don't you think is best to have the DB corrected in spite of the risk of ending up with one or two reviews slightly "misplaced" ?

Choose the less of two evils, IMO

Let me know your final decision, thanks

NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 10:37
^ OK if you already added them, be so.

For me it's more a question of approach than the choice between two evils. Russian saying tells "Measure seven times, then cut once". I think it makes sense. You reversed the order.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 13:22
Now you got me embarrassed, I always like to go by the sayings. LOL

Look, if you see there's a significant damage I'll reverse everything right away - did it with my best intention and will undo it with the same smile Big smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 16:45
^ What's done is done. 
To see is there "a significant damage", I have to read 18+27=45 reviews, too many for an old fart like me. Smile
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 03:32

To see is there "a significant damage", I have to read 18+27=45 reviews, too many for an old fart like me. Smile

Hey Eugene, don't be so self-deprecating, you're still kicking around LOL besides it could be a very enlightening reading Geek

Thanks again, I'm getting responses from the contacted reviewers, let's wait and see... (I'll get back to you if in need)

Edited by Quinino - May 24 2017 at 03:34
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 10:12
Smile
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2017 at 08:15
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=54073

should be under "Compilation"

A legend continues in impressive fashion: Italian symphonic power metal group Rhapsody Of Fire has re-recorded the classic songs of the Rhapsody years (1997 - 2002).
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2017 at 08:28
^ "Re-recorded" ??? - not sure, then, if it belongs to Compilations ! (guess not)
Let's wait for more experienced heads Geek

BTW, who can help me with this one below

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=9613

From what I gather it's a compilation of remixed tracks taken from two albums (League of Gentlemen and Under Heavy Manners).
Can you confirm that, and being presently under Studio, what's your advise ?

Look at the credits HERE

Edited by Quinino - May 25 2017 at 09:11
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2017 at 10:03
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=54585

Second album, self-released only on MC and with very scarce info available around the web (the band's site omits it, apart a brief reference on the bio)
My question - Does this inclusion comply to our minimal requirements ?
If yes, how could we possibly better the page, any suggestion where to find more info ?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2017 at 10:24
^ Format it according to PA guidelines, that's all if google doesn't help.
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2017 at 10:40
^^ You may try to contact the band: https://www.fc-music.com/contact-us. I did it once or twice, like in this case where I received the album art from the band, which was nowhere to be found on the web. Smile
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2017 at 10:51
Ok, I will do as you suggest.
Thanks, Bartek
Floyd Steely View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Steely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2017 at 22:30
Boy, nothing grinds my gears like somebody ignoring the physical releases of an album!

There *are* CD and LP versions of the new Samsara Blues Experiment album, "One With The Universe"... please correct this! Thank you.

And if you can't be with the prog you love, honey, love the prog you're with.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 01:17
^ We have here only Imaginaria album, I don't see its LP or digital versions on the web.

Boy, if you have info of other albums feel free to add them.  
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 07:31

^ We have here only Imaginaria album, I don't see its LP or digital versions on the web.

Boy, if you have info of other albums feel free to add them.  

You are mixing two different bands, Eugene - the one in question is Samsara Blues Experiment
not the one you refer to.

Don't worry, I'll handle it, before our friend Floyd suffers a stroke (thanks, btw)

Take the opportunity and change the photo, thanks

Edited by Quinino - May 28 2017 at 07:45
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 08:21
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=54701

Richard Pick : Guitars
Guillaume Antonicelli : Bass
Attilio Terlizzi : Drums
Gilbert Gandil : Guitars
Jacques Roman : Keyboards
Catherine Pick: Vocals
with:
Jean-Nicolas Susse : Keyboards
Catherine Pick : Vocals
Hagop Boyadjian : Doudouindien
Adrien Bernard : Vocals, Violon
Gabrielle Vargiu: Flute
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 08:50
^ Could you please provide the link to the source of this info ?
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 09:06
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

^ Could you please provide the link to the source of this info ?

If I'm the person that added the album to this site (Like most of the albums here) you can trust me if I do provide you with a correction! what about my previous thread about an album by Rhapsody (again that I originally posted) being a compilation and not a studio album are you two clowns (you and NotAProghead) not getting? are you still debating it?
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 09:09
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2993

The correct band name is 

Gan Eden Il Giardino Delle Delizie or at least "Il Giardino Delle Delizie"

https://www.discogs.com/artist/1526137-Gan-Eden-Il-Giardino-Delle-Delizie

- Thanks, done.

Edited by NotAProghead - May 28 2017 at 10:22
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 188189190191192 491>