Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 489>
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2017 at 10:25
As an American you have limited freedom of speech from the First Amendment, meaning that you have the legal right to say many things without being penalized by your government (inciting crime, types of sedition etc. can be penalized in the courts and then are defamation laws etc.). What rights you have not to be penalized by your government does not extend to a private companies rights to curb your supposed freedom of speech and for you to face repercussions (private companies have rights of censorship, rights to eject people, as do government agencies). Try going to a company and posting an email that the managers are morons and you can expect repercussions. Get a job a in the White House and try calling the staff, Chief of STaff and Commander in Chief morons and expect repercussions (I don't think you'll have long to exercise your freedom of speech in the White House). Incidentally, as a hard determininst I believe no more in truly free speech than truly free will, so I won't hold you morally culpable, but you should be aware of the repercussions of posting such insults.

It's rather a moot point as PA is not America even if the US government could take action against it. By using this website members are expected to adhere to the terms and conditions . One of our rules is:

Quote 2. No Personal attacks (flaming or trolling). Keep it civil, show respect at all times for your fellow members. Disagreement, debate, even "heated" discussion is fine (though emoticons should be used to "soften" the effect of words). However, personally directed insults, denigration, etc. will not be tolerated, and will be grounds for warning and, if not stopped immediately, ejection. This applies equally to forum posts AND private messages. "Group-directed" insults and denigration (e.g., racism, sexism, ageism, etc.) also fall under this category, any such behavior will be taken on a case by case basis. Any member who engages in continuous baiting, borderline insults, or other continuously "aggressive" behaviour will be warned....

Consider yourself warned. And by the way, people who readily resort to such insults I commonly find intellectually lazy. If you have a problem with how things work you can always express your concerns, but if you do it an an "abusive" manner then expect it is less likely that your concerns will be handled as you would wish (insults tend to work against changing people's minds who already hold an opinion) and that you may be evicted.

I like to say as a generality, feel free to speak your mind, but mind your speech. Yes, we can mock Trump, those rules particularly apply to insults directed towards other members of the site. If Trump were to join here.... Well, I might be tempted to flame him but then I might end up banning myself. ;)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2017 at 13:51
Calling for opinions on this artist's DB name - I'm not convinced this is the best choice, see for yourself

ANNEKE VAN GIERSBERGEN (AGUA DE ANNIQUE)

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=3552

and filed under letter A !!!

Is this a person, a band, or what?

All input will be helpful (though I'm personally inclined to file as "van Giersbergen, Anneke")

NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2017 at 15:11
^ I think van Giersbergen, Anneke too.

Edited by NotAProghead - November 08 2017 at 15:11
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2017 at 16:43
^Thanks mate, I'll change it then.
(Discog updated too)

Edited by Quinino - November 08 2017 at 16:44
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2017 at 08:42
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=55895

CD1 - Dog 1
1. Dalhousie's Walk (19:10)
2. Falling The Tree (9:22)
3. Limbo (9:17)
4. Johnny Got His Gun (6:41)
5. Hang Over (2:54)
6. Pastance (4:52)
7. The Nightwatch (6:42)
8. Dead End (13:53)

CD2 - Dog 2
9. Wild Dogs (7:17)
10. Growing Seeds (10:25)
11. What Remains (9:15)
12. Sanctus (11:20)
13. Harlequins (11:45)
14. Redeemer (11:59)
15. Broken Promesses (4:53)

Total Time 139:45
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2017 at 13:10
^ Done, thanks
tupan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2017 at 14:56
My error.. Added this album, but put in Studio Albums category. It's an EP!
"Prog is Not Dead and never has been." (Will Sergeant, from Echo And The Bunnymen)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2017 at 15:10
^ Minor case, don't worry  -  thanks !
Floyd Steely View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Steely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2017 at 12:57
Hi,

Just noticed this: The title of the new album (just added) by Cleric is misspelled "Retrocasual".  According to their label's website and bandcamp page, the correct title is "Retrocausal".

Though I kind of prefer the former.

And if you can't be with the prog you love, honey, love the prog you're with.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2017 at 13:07
^ Done, thanks
 (I hope you're right - as a rule I never take info from only one source, sh*t happens online more often than one is ready to admit)
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2017 at 14:30
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=36487

The Album name is "One" it's the 1st album not 2nd

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=38010

The name is Black & Ginger and it's the 2nd album not 1st

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=40930

This is 3rd

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=37211

This is 4th

Info at https://churnmilkjoan.bandcamp.com/
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2017 at 14:47
^ Thanks, done.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2017 at 18:10
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9120

The web link http://www.lookingglasslantern.com/
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2017 at 05:26
^ Done, thanks
doctorphil View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2017 at 06:06
Sorry folks, I appear to have accidentally added Tiger Moth Tales album ‘Tiger On The Tracks’ twice. Can you please delete one copy of the post.
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2017 at 06:18
^Deleted, please provide links in the future, thanks.
doctorphil View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2017 at 06:23
Will do. Thanks.
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2017 at 21:43
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=56010

The album name is "Franz Ferdinand and Sparks: FFS"
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2017 at 03:21
^ Not the opinion of Discogs, Allmusic and Musicbrainz, to give you three examples - hence my past decision to keep it short and simple, as it is now.
But ok, no harm changing it as you suggest, thanks.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2017 at 07:44
In my collection it's FFS (artist and album title) ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 489>