Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230231232 490>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2018 at 05:59
^ If seriously I think these (CD), (DVD) or whatever in brackets are unnecessary and even sometimes confusing, because we have releases named like "Bullsh*t EP".

On artists' pages live albums and videos are in different sections, on PA main page we see what is reviewed, for example:

Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2018 at 07:47
^ That's a valid argument - I'm all against "confusing" !
But on those cases in which the identifier actually prevents confusion, then what?

(And frankly RULES aren't bullet proof of course, but in the end it's what we've got to avoid every-man-for-himself - that's the way you tutored me in my beginnings here, remember? LOL)
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2018 at 09:27
^ Your beginnings... It was so long time ago, I don't remember. Smile

Let's look from the consistency point of view. I guess most of the same-name audio and video releases here don't have these (CD), (DVD), (VHS) etc prompts. But some have. To make them consistent means to revise the whole database. Is it worth time and effort? What for? To show obvious thing that audio is audio and video is video? I think no.  
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2018 at 10:30
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=56828

From 1997 not 2008

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=56829

From 1998 not 2010, compilation not studio

check: https://www.discogs.com/artist/3432164-After-The-Fall-3

Also on their web they say that influences are Yes, Kansas, E.L.P etc. which are all Symphonic and I have their latest "Early Light" that does NOT sound Heavy Prog

mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2018 at 11:20
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=60606

What is that? no info at all
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2018 at 11:53
^ Thanks, Mayer, you're right, it's added too early. I'll ask admins to delete it.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2018 at 12:09
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ Your beginnings... It was so long time ago, I don't remember. Smile

Let's look from the consistency point of view. I guess most of the same-name audio and video releases here don't have these (CD), (DVD), (VHS) etc prompts. But some have. To make them consistent means to revise the whole database. Is it worth time and effort? What for? To show obvious thing that audio is audio and video is video? I think no.  

Me neither - so be it, no problem abiding to your interpretation: no more superfluous distinguishers !
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2018 at 12:33
Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=56828

From 1997 not 2008

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=56829

From 1998 not 2010, compilation not studio

check: https://www.discogs.com/artist/3432164-After-The-Fall-3

Also on their web they say that influences are Yes, Kansas, E.L.P etc. which are all Symphonic and I have their latest "Early Light" that does NOT sound Heavy Prog

Thanks, done.
As for classification - you know, we can't change genres, it's up to genre teams.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2018 at 16:18
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2978

website http://www.verticalalignment.rocks/

on the website you'll find all the guest musicians on the album http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=59500 which is a mess as it's presented!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2018 at 17:45
^ Thanks, changed the link.
Will sort out the album credits.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2018 at 09:30
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=60681

The name of the album is "New Horizon" Sorry
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2018 at 10:06
^ Thanks, done.
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2018 at 13:33
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=60727

They're an American band, so the EP and title song are with one L, not two. Traveling On.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2018 at 14:10
^ Thanks, done.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 06:37
Here's a mistake. Sometimes a band released the same album with two different titles and two different album covers. 

In this case Uriah Heep released VERY 'EAVY... VERY 'UMBLE in 1971 and released the same exact album under the title URIAH HEEP.

Here on PA they are listed as two separate albums but in reality they are the same release with different packaging.

What is the policy here? I'm OK with it but thought i'd bring this to your attention if it's not cool.

Maybe it would be better to have a system like RYM where you can list subsequentially the different releases but probably not possible. 

Anyways. The Links

THE proof

Uriah Heep Very Eavy...Very Umble album cover
Uriah Heep Uriah Heep album cover

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 06:57
PROJEKCT FOUR - LIVE AT 7TH NOTE is under "Studio Albums" in the King Crimson page...

Just sayin'... Wink
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 07:22
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Here's a mistake. Sometimes a band released the same album with two different titles and two different album covers. 

In this case Uriah Heep released VERY 'EAVY... VERY 'UMBLE in 1971 and released the same exact album under the title URIAH HEEP.

Here on PA they are listed as two separate albums but in reality they are the same release with different packaging.

As you can read on the "Uriah Heep" albumpage I had in due time already added a note that goes like this:

DUPLICATED ENTRY: US Version of debut album "Very 'eavy...Very 'umble", same tracklist, except "Lucy Blues" substituted for "Bird of Prey"

The question being we can not delete any of these pages because the existing reviews would go away with it and nobody wants that .

(On a similar case I once tried to contact the collabs asking to transfer their reviews between pages and learned the hard way  not to be so naive ever again)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 07:27
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

PROJEKCT FOUR - LIVE AT 7TH NOTE is under "Studio Albums" in the King Crimson page...

Just sayin'... Wink

Yeah, you're right - and done, thanks !

(this guy Piotr kept doing wrong additions for some time but I guess he's gone now - there's nothing we can do except correcting as we find them)

Edited by Quinino - December 18 2018 at 07:30
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 07:54
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

As you can read on the "Uriah Heep" albumpage I had in due time already added a note that goes like this:

DUPLICATED ENTRY: US Version of debut album "Very 'eavy...Very 'umble", same tracklist, except "Lucy Blues" substituted for "Bird of Prey"

The question being we can not delete any of these pages because the existing reviews would go away with it and nobody wants that .

(On a similar case I once tried to contact the collabs asking to transfer their reviews between pages and learned the hard way  not to be so naive ever again)

Got it! Thanks for the detailed explanation. I've noticed a few other similar cases so i won't bother reporting them UNLESS of course they happen to be newer albums with no such review pile ups. Cheers!

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 08:57
Cheers, thanks mate !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230231232 490>