Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 491>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2019 at 13:09
Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=62501

It's an EP not a studio album and missing 
- Xavier Gervais-Dumont / vocals not voices
With:
Rose Tremblay / vocals
- Gabriel Frank / vocals
- Luce Chamberland / vocals

Thanks, done.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
patrickq View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2019 at 16:37
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ Is it really necessary? Single is in singles, album - in albums. Who will be confused?
My best answer to that, and maybe this isn’t enough, is this screenshot.
Which is the album and which is the single? I’d say that anyone could be confused. But I understand that this could be a slippery slope. Thanks.

Edited by patrickq - June 28 2019 at 16:39
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2019 at 19:50
^ I think let's leave them as they are. Everyone interested may click "review" and see what's reviewed.
Otherwise we need to add explanations (single, EP, DVD etc) to all same-name releases.
patrickq View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2019 at 21:27
/\
I understand. Thank you!
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2019 at 07:56
PA guidelines:

"...
   1.8 Where different albums from an artist [eg CD and DVD] bear the same title, an appropriate distinguishing qualifier should be appended in round brackets to each entry

Living With The Past (DVD) and Living With The Past (CD)
            Space Metal (special edition) and Space Metal (original edition)
            The Fall of the House of Usher (original version) and The Fall of the House of Usher (new version)
            Magical Mystery Tour (UK version) and Magical Mystery Tour (USA version)
            Invisible Touch (single) and Invisible Touch (CD)
            Owner Of A Lonely Heart (promo single) and Owner Of A Lonely Heart (EP)

..."
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2019 at 13:52
^ I can't say that breaking rules is my hobby, but I don't see reasons to follow them blindly when it's not essential.
Back to that particular case - I think after only one mouse click anyone can see the difference between a single and an album.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2019 at 21:42
patrickq View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2019 at 21:52
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

PA guidelines:

"...
   1.8 Where different albums from an artist [eg CD and DVD] bear the same title, an appropriate distinguishing qualifier should be appended in round brackets to each entry
<snip>
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ I can't say that breaking rules is my hobby, but I don't see reasons to follow them blindly when it's not essential.
Back to that particular case - I think after only one mouse click anyone can see the difference between a single and an album.
so the issue is finding someone with sufficient permission to make one change? Or too much work to track down all of the necessary changes? Again, just wondering, not trying to create work for anyone! Thanks!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2019 at 12:46
Originally posted by patrickq patrickq wrote:

so the issue is finding someone with sufficient permission to make one change? Or too much work to track down all of the necessary changes? Again, just wondering, not trying to create work for anyone! Thanks!

There are at least 2 persons with sufficient permission - me and my teammate. Correction will take few seconds, but I don't think it's necessary. Even more - I think it's UNnecessary. I don't mind if my colleague, if he thinks the change would be helpful, adds "EP" to mentioned single. 

Edited by NotAProghead - June 30 2019 at 12:47
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2019 at 15:32
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2019 at 16:17
^ Both done, thanks !

(not sure if the one from Brassé went well - maybe just a question of time for the upload to finish, will check tomorrow)
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2019 at 17:29
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=62536

The name is 

THE ANTHOLOGY

not (1970-1998)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2019 at 21:11
^ Thanks, done.

^^ As well as Brassé cover.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2019 at 23:27
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 05:28
Wikipedia:

...a boundary between EP and album classification at 25 minutes of maximum length and no more than four tracks (not counting alternative versions of featured songs, if present).

Definition of ALBUM by the Official Chart Company:

"Over 25 minutes OR more than four songs where the format does not qualify
as a “Maxi” single or remix single as defined by singles eligibility rules.
( *Maximum memory capacity for Standard DMD is 512MB.)"
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 13:42
^^ From the band's official website:
2019EMPYRIA records and releases“Divded”, a five song EP containing 2 “brand new” tracks and 2 classic Empyria tracks (revitalized) with current Empyria line-up.

Moved to EPs.
Xymph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xymph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2019 at 06:25
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=3821: tracks 3, 8 & 14, use colon in time.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2019 at 07:19
^ Done, thanks mister !
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2019 at 10:33
In the section for Arthur Brown Band(there is no Arthur Brown solo section)his album with Vincent Crane "Faster than the Speed of Light" from 1980 is missing. I realize you can't have everything he's done in that section but I think at least that one should be in there. 

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2019 at 12:11
^ Since he's tagged as Proto-Prog this decision has to be addressed by the admin team.

I'd suggest you PM one of them and present your case.

(maybe it's time for the whole discog of AB to be revised, I see there several solo albums and he's also under Psike with other band Kingdom Come)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 491>