Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 490>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xylem777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2019 at 03:39
The picture for the band Blackwater Park is actually a picture of Murphy Blend. One member is in both bands, so an easy mistake to make. The only known image of Blackwater Park is on the inside gatefold of their LP.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2019 at 06:44
^ Thanks, done.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2019 at 13:51
Hi Team,

another Mutiny in Jonestown correction:

On the album, "No China Doll For You":

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=55773

The release date shows, "12/5/205", it in fact was not released in the year 205 which would make it the first album ever which would be very cool, but should be "12/5/2005" LOL

Thanks!
Dennis
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2019 at 14:23
David Bowie single "Can't Help Thinking About Me" needs to be moved from studio albums to singles.

Thanks!

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2019 at 14:49
^ Thanks, done. 
By the way, as a Collab you could do it by yourself. Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2019 at 14:53
Originally posted by The.Crimson.King The.Crimson.King wrote:

Hi Team,

The release date shows, "12/5/205", it in fact was not released in the year 205 which would make it the first album ever which would be very cool, but should be "12/5/2005" LOL

Thanks!
Dennis

Thanks, done. If you don't mind as December 5, 2005. Otherwise it's a brainer for me to decide is it 12th of April or 5th of December. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2019 at 15:19
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

Hi Team,

Thanks!
Dennis

Thanks, done. If you don't mind as December 5, 2005. Otherwise it's a brainer for me to decide is it 12th of April or 5th of December. 

Sorry about that...you got it right as Dec 5, 2005 Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2019 at 15:45
Hi again Team,

I've just added the Mutiny in Jonestown album "Catalyst" to BandCamp so need to make corrections on the album page:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=55766

Could you please correct the following:

1) The time for the song "Catalyst" should be changed from 40:00 to 37:41
2) Total time for the album should be changed from 48:00 to 45:41
3) Put an asterisk * next to song 3 "For Annie" and note below, "Song not included on BandCamp due to Copyright considerations".
4) Please note that the album is now available on BandCamp at: https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/album/catalyst

Thanks!
Dennis
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2019 at 17:50

^ Thanks, done. 
By the way, as a Collab you could do it by yourself. Smile

I know, I've been doing it for quite a while, but once in a while I get one that will give me an error message and even after waiting a few days, I still can't change it.  I've mentioned this before, but still haven't been able to figure out what the problem is.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2019 at 18:16
^ I had error message too when tried to edit from the album page, so I had to use Admin panel.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2019 at 18:48
^ Hmmm, How about that.  I learned something new today.  Thanks for the info.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2019 at 18:53

Hi again Team,

I've just added the Mutiny in Jonestown album "Catalyst" to BandCamp so need to make corrections on the album page:

3) Put an asterisk * next to song 3 "For Annie" and note below, "Song not included on BandCamp due to Copyright considerations".
4) Please note that the album is now available on BandCamp at: https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/album/catalyst

Thanks!
Dennis

Thanks, done, Dennis.
Just curious, what's wrong with "For Annie"? Was it written by some other person (I don't see any other reason)?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2019 at 11:31

Hi again Team,

Thanks!
Dennis

Thanks, done, Dennis.
Just curious, what's wrong with "For Annie"? Was it written by some other person (I don't see any other reason)?

Thanks for the corrections, looks great as always Thumbs Up

"For Annie" is an Edgar Allen Poe poem so no problem there as it's public domain.  Unfortunately, rather than reciting it myself, I sampled a version from a cassette audio book I bought many years ago called, "The Poetry of Edgar Allen Poe" - actually still available on amazon.  Actor David Warner (who I love from a couple Lovecraft based movies, "In the Mouth of Madness" and "Necronomicon - Book of the Dead") recited the poem and that's the version I used in the song.  While the poem is public domain, I don't have permission to use his recording of it or anything else from that audio book Unhappy

I'm extremely careful about copyright (as you've probably noticed working on my MIJ discography these past few weeks), and the rules on Bandcamp are very clear and simple.  If you didn't write it, or if you sampled it without permission you're not allowed to upload it.  Ya, people do it anyway but they're taking a crazy risk and it's just not worth it. 

Case in point, my wife owns a social media marketing biz and several of her clients have used images they found on google images or just from internet searches in their social media without having permission from the image owner.  All of the sudden they receive a letter from Getty Images.  It basically says, "You're using one of our images without our permission.  We don't care if you immediately remove it, or if you give us accreditation, you violated our copyright.  Attached is an invoice for (usually between $750 and $1000) due in 10 days.  If payment is not received we will initiate legal proceedings."  And they'd win, and for a lot more than $1000 LOL

The other interesting case is youtube.  I posted some of Mutiny in Jonestown's Beatle cover tunes there in the past, sometimes without even putting the name of the song or band anywhere in the title, the name of the uploaded file, the comments, nowhere.  They apparently have a very smart algorithm, because they were still are able to determine the song and the current holder of copyright.  For fun (and to test just how good they really are), I recently posted a solo pedal steel guitar cover of a song from obscure doom metal band Cathedral that sounds almost nothing like the original, and they still flagged it as a copyright violation!  They must have some software that can analyze a chord progression and compare it to a billion songs or something looking for a match.  It's quite impressive!

After they identified my Beatle covers a few years ago they sent me an email that basically said, "you're violating copyright but it's ok because we have an arrangement with the owner of the copyright that we will embed adverts to monetize your video and forward all proceeds to the owner".  The main reason I never violate copyright on youtube anymore is...what happens if tomorrow Google (youtube's owner) changes their policy on monetizing copyright violators and decides it's more advantageous to enforce copyright the same way Getty Images does?  You're already on their list of youtube copyright violators and it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

It's a bummer because there are several Mutiny in Jonestown albums that are 50% to 100% cover tunes that I'd love people to hear, but there's no way I can get those songs out without becoming one of the 'fish in a barrel'.  Oh well, at this point I have 23 other MIJ albums of all original music up on Bandcamp and that's just going to have to be enough LOL

Edited by The.Crimson.King - August 19 2019 at 11:41
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2019 at 13:32
^ Dennis, thanks for detailed answer.

I don't know have we laugh or cry. From one hand, authors deserve their share. From the other hand, these rules often make impossible even non-commercial use. Where are good old days when then unknown the Beatles or Stones played Chuck Berry's songs? *sighs*
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2019 at 15:15
You're welcome Wink  I hope I didn't write too much on the subject and pull the thread off course, but it's something I feel very strongly about.  The final thing I'd like to say is what drives me bat**** crazy about youtube is hundreds, maybe thousands of people upload entire albums that they own, but obviously don't have copyright permission and absolutely nothing happens to them!  OTOH, I upload my cover of 'Strawberry Fields Forever' and am flagged as a copyright violator and told it's ok I'm breaking the law because they can make money off it?  Why is uploading someone else's album ok, but uploading my version of a song from that album not?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the fact that so many rare and out of print prog albums have been uploaded to youtube!!!  The sheer quantity of 70's French prog I've discovered on youtube is staggering.  It just seems hypocritical for them to allow that with no consequences while coming down on people uploading a cover song Wacko
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2019 at 15:54
^ Yeah, we live in a strange world. Confused
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2019 at 16:00
Indeed Handshake
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2019 at 18:03
1. Warm Coexistence (7:28)
2. Dark Mode (5:10)
3. Natural Affinity (11:04)
4. All the Struggles (7:30)
5. Uplifting (10:42)
6. Subconsciousness (3:18)
7. Facing the Truth (The Grand Finale) (18:36)
8. The Song of All Those Distant (5:04)
9. The Storm (4:35)

Total Time 73:27

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2019 at 18:11
^ Thanks, Mayer, done.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2019 at 13:52
A little bagatelle, but these little things make a big difference in the languages they occur in: The drummer on the new Magma album "Zëss" is listed as "Morgan Agren", but his name is "Morgan Ågren". Just copy and paste the name from here if you don't know how to create an "Å" on your computer.

- E&O Team: Thanks, done.

Edited by NotAProghead - August 22 2019 at 16:19

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 490>