Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 491>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2013 at 04:47
^Fixed
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2013 at 04:59
Just noticed Jon Lord's bio is doubled. The first part is interrupted and the second is complete.
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2013 at 05:08
Originally posted by sagichim sagichim wrote:

Just noticed Jon Lord's bio is doubled. The first part is interrupted and the second is complete.

Will check it out.
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2013 at 05:17
After much experimentation, fixed. Some sort of formatting problem
wilmon91 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilmon91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2013 at 16:35
Hi! Steve Hacketts Guitar Noir was released in 1993 , not 1994!

Here are two sources:

http://www.discogs.com/Steve-Hackett-Guitar-Noir/master/321114
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Noir

And here are the PA pages that should be fixed:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=4171      (album page)
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=782      (main page with discography)

Edited by wilmon91 - February 13 2013 at 16:36
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2013 at 03:11
^ Thanks, fixed.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
wilmon91 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilmon91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2013 at 10:16
^ Great, thanks!
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2013 at 14:07
Error or bug, don't know how to categorize this. Neuronium's page goes completely italic when you expand the bio, before that only the visible bio is ok.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2013 at 15:29
^ Thanks, fixed.

Looks like a bug, albums' titles were in italic, I guees too many tags <i></i> caused the problem. Replaced them with quotation marks.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 07:27
Hey Snow and guys!

Just thought I'd mention...I put up a review for the album `West, Space and Love', with the artist listed under that name as well, however from what I can tell, it's actually by the Oresund Space Collective.

I found it strange that I couldn't find that album listed under their profile, but by accident came across it listed on it's own, with the band under the same name.

I checked my vinyl copy, not only does it have `O.S.C' listed on the front cover, but `Oresund Space Collective' written on the spine.

Should it perhaps be listed on the Oresund band page?

Maybe I could contact them and confirm if it's a proper Oresund album or whether they would prefer it to be considered a side-project?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 08:59
^ It seems you're right. `Oresund Space Collective' website lists "West Space and Love" in the band's discography: http://www.oresundspacecollective.com/Discography.htm (though it has different cover there).

E&O Team can move the album to ORESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE page: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2642, but what should be done in this case with WEST SPACE AND LOVE band: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7398? There are no other albums. Should we ask M@X to delete the band?

Please contact philippe http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=177 who added the band first (I have no idea who else is responsible for Indo-Prog/Raga Rock additions, there is no a special team for this genre). Then I hope some solution will be found.

P.S. And please give links in future.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 09:08
Sorry, I thought a few minutes after posting I should have just listed the darn links!

As for the two covers, pretty sure there's been two different pressings of the LP, I've got the second more recent one. The one listed on the Archives page is the BACK cover of the vinyl.

OK, I'll get in touch with Phillipe, does he have the `power' to move the album over the Oresund?

From what I can tell, the band listing might need to be deleted, I'm pretty sure there's no actual band called that, just the album by Oresund?
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 09:13
I caught that too, and from speaking to monsieur Space last time I saw them play, I am also quite certain about it being an Øresund Space Collective release. They just did something different this time round(about time too!)
Now I need to go get it....Man what a bummer, I have like 3 bucks for the rest of the monthLOL
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 09:17
Oh Damn, Dave, you got to see them live!! I wonder why they dont play Australia - the prog capital of the world lol?!

Yep, I think this album had different players other than Master Space, but it was still part of the Øresund Space releases. They've always had a revolving/shifting line-up from album to album anyway :)
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 09:21
^Quite right. It's basically a gang bang band...

And yes, I've probably seen em play 10 times. Some gigs more successful than others, but boy, when they turn up the heat and they're in the zone: ZING!!!
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 12:03
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

OK, I'll get in touch with Phillipe, does he have the `power' to move the album over the Oresund?

From what I can tell, the band listing might need to be deleted, I'm pretty sure there's no actual band called that, just the album by Oresund?

Any SC has the power to move the album from one band to another, from heaven to to hell and vice versa, it's not a problem.

The problem is WEST, SPACE AND LOVE band
They were added to PA, and now we have to investigate why they were added (I hope philippe can help us) and do they have other albums. 
If that S/T album is the band's only release we have to ask M@X (only M@X can delete bands, even mighty Admins are helpless in this case). If there are other albums we can add them, move the album in question to where it belongs and don't disturb the site owner.

Edited by NotAProghead - February 22 2013 at 12:05
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 12:32
Hey guys, just an update! I contacted Phillipe, who kindly moved the `West Space and Love' album listing over to the Oresund Space Collective page, I've re-added the review with just a little tweaking.

So the only thing left to do is get the `West Space and Love' band link removed, how is the best way to get that done?

Thanks for all your help! :)
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 12:41
^I just tried. An Admin or maybe only max can do it I think
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 12:47
^ Only M@X.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 13:19
Thanks Snow and Not, I'll send him a quick message when I'm home from work and explain the situation from the above few comments.

Thanks for everything, guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 491>