Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 490>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2013 at 15:17
^ New "The Snow Goose" album is a diffferent record: different line-up, different performance, different time.
It's not a remix of existing record and not a compilation. Will stay as a separate entry I think.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2013 at 15:42
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ New "The Snow Goose" album is a diffferent record: different line-up, different performance, different time.
It's not a remix of existing record and not a compilation. Will stay as a separate entry I think.

Agreed Smile
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2013 at 15:48
^ Yup!
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2013 at 22:26
Honestly, I disagree.

It's the same concept, the same music, only with different versions. It's almost as a tribute made by virtually another band with only one original member remaining.

That's my opinion as part of the Symphonic team where the album was added.

Iván

Edited by Ivan_Melgar_M - December 02 2013 at 22:27

NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 08:03
Iván, I think the genre is not important in this case.

1. It's a studio album.
2. It's not a reissue of some previous work.
3. It's not a compilation.
4. It's a record by the band still called CAMEL, no matter how many original members remained, so it's not a tribute.

Let's KISS (keep it simple and stupid) and leave this bird where it is. Smile
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 15:03
The phenomemal album On The Virg - 'Serious Young Insects' (1999) doesn't appear to be included on the site at the moment: http://www.virgildonati.com/discography/disc-otvsyi.php.

Should it be added to Virgil Donati's solo catalogue: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=6855, or should On The Virg be evaluated for inclusion as a separate project? (Virgil actually lists the album as a separate band project in the discography page on his website: http://www.virgildonati.com/about_discography.php).

Here's a sample from it:

Sean proposed the band for addition in the Suggest New Bands forum back in 2007: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43192, but the suggestion never went anywhere. Ermm

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 17:54
^ Normally we don't add such albums to solo artists' discographies.

Imagine Bill Bruford is on PA but Yes and King Crimson are not included yet. It does not mean we could add "Close to the Edge" and "Red" to Bruford's discograhy. Smile 
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 21:26
^ Agreed. Approve

So we need to get an evaluation of the band underway (probably in JR/F).

Can admins unlock the thread that Sean started back in 2007 (http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43192) so that I can bump it and add to it? Seems to make more sense than creating a new one...  Ermm
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2013 at 07:15
^ Probably it's worth to send PM to some Admin and ask to unlock the thread.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2013 at 15:56
^  Thanks! - Thread unlocked by Andy Webb. Thumbs Up
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2013 at 11:29

Imagine Bill Bruford is on PA but Yes and King Crimson are not included yet. It does not mean we could add "Close to the Edge" and "Red" to Bruford's discograhy. Smile 

This is a false comparison. "On The Virg" has a form of Donati's first name included, which indicates to me that this is his project.   If the band name was "On The Verge" I might feel differently.   Yes and King Crimson do not single out a member in their names.

A better analogy was if Bruford was in a band called "Broof", where would you put it?

Edited by Evolver - December 07 2013 at 11:32
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2013 at 13:55
Evgeny, can you please change "Arabs in Aspic 2" to "Arabs in Aspic II"?

Thanks.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2013 at 17:30
^ Thanks, Audun, done.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2013 at 17:37
Originally posted by Evolver Evolver wrote:

This is a false comparison. "On The Virg" has a form of Donati's first name included, which indicates to me that this is his project.   If the band name was "On The Verge" I might feel differently.   Yes and King Crimson do not single out a member in their names.

A better analogy was if Bruford was in a band called "Broof", where would you put it?

I gave the analogy (even if it's not perfect) only in order to illustrate that such changes should be coordinated with genre teams.
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2013 at 12:31

Originally posted by Evolver Evolver wrote:

I gave the analogy (even if it's not perfect) only in order to illustrate that such changes should be coordinated with genre teams.

In that case, I would prefer that "On The Virg" be added to Donati's page, as it seems to be his project, and is not dissimilar to his other albums.
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2013 at 13:05
^ It's in JRF team hands I think. You got the power. Smile

If I've made a right search, "Serious Young Insects" is the only ON THE VIRG album. If it's Donati's project I tend to agree that it would be better to add the album to his page instead of discussing in the "Suggest new bands" thread (http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43192). 
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2013 at 18:09
Just looking at the TRANSATLANTIC section and noticed no listing for a DVD entitled 'Transatlantic - The Official Bootleg DVD'. Now, it doesn't strike me as an illegal issue, it's copyright Radiant Records 2010, so I'm thinking it could be included in their entry ??
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2013 at 03:19
If its listed on their website or in the Label website I think it's ok :)

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2013 at 04:51
^ O.K. - gotta look into that. The DVD package and disc itself looks totally legit. Such an insight..........
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2013 at 05:22
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ O.K. - gotta look into that. The DVD package and disc itself looks totally legit. Such an insight..........

Just found out on their website:

http://www.transatlanticweb.com/discography.php?p=official_bootleg_dvd

Adding right now :)

Edit: Just added, thanks Tom :)

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=43881

Edited by ProgShine - December 14 2013 at 05:27

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 490>