Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOse (France/Electronic)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ose (France/Electronic)
    Posted: November 19 2011 at 13:03
From Adonia in 1978.

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2011 at 16:31
I have Adonia.  I'm actually surprised that it's not in PA yet.   Good one.

Here's the rateyourmusic page: http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/ose

Just a fanboy passin' through.
colorofmoney91 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2011 at 18:05
Awesome stuff.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2011 at 01:36
Anyone want to help by writing the band bio? ;)
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2011 at 06:48
Ose were essentially Heldon (http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=1302) under another name.

From the website: http://sgm.paullee.ru/sgm-fr.htm: (Asbjørnsen - Scented Gardens Of The Mind), "The well-known rock critic (in France that is) Hervé Picart made this album under the artist name Ose, helped by his mentors Richard Pinhas and Francois Auger. Understandably, the result is sophisticated electronic music, which was more accessible than Heldon (probably due to additional influences from Tangerine Dream). Picart should have made more albums of this pulsating and slowly developing music. In my opinion this is in the same class as Pinhas's best solo album, Iceland".

"Heldon moved into 1978 in good stead, Pinhas taking some time off to become involved in sessions with fellow Parisian Herve Picart's "OSE", recording an LP for EGG Records ("The Most Progressive Music Experience") which took place in June. The result was entitled "Adonia", and has to do with goings on in an earth colony on a distant planet. Picart's (Synthesizers, Keyboards, Guitars) compositions are in the French progressive tradition, but that not withstanding, the presence of Pinhas (Synthesizers. Sequencers, Guitar) and Francois Auger (Drums) assure that this is a Heldon LP, despite Picart's composition of this suite.

"Approche Sur A" kicks off the LP with a drone in A major, over which synthesizers and guitar are layered, and the sequencers pulsate into a drum groove, and cycles through a rather conventional "Prog Rock" chord progression, Picart's Blues guitar contrasting with Pinhas' quantum power sound.

"29h O8 mn" opens side B with another sequencer/drum groove, which enters after an echoed Moog solo. Then the counterpoint melodies are faded in, the middle being filled by polymoog chords as the soloist uses the Minimoog Pitchbend for emphasis. Doubletracked guitar (Pinhas) and synthesizer herald the drums, another counter rhythm being setup, varied, and tossed in and out of the sequencer groove. Unfortunately, the track fades before it takes off.

"L'Aube Jumelle" arrives next on a bed of White noise, and a Klaus Schulze-like synthesizer solo by Picart, those Rick Wright chords enter again behind a nice little double-tracked "Space Blues" guitar solo.

"Retour sur Adonia" closes the LP, once again the tune is almost straight progressive rock, pushed along quickly to conclusion by Pinhas' sequence. An interesting LP that gives an insight to the ability of these musicians to bring together two related but oft divided musical streams".

Tracklist:
A1. Approche Sur A (16:00)
A2. Orgasmachine (3:45)
B1. 29 h 08 mn (6:55)
B2. L'Aube Jumelle (9:48)
B3. Retour Sur Adonia (3:34)

Musicians:
- Hervé Picart - moog, organ, guitar, bass
- Richard Pinhas - moog, ARP & EMS synthesizers
- Francois Auger - drums

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2012 at 13:54
Wow!!!
Obvious yes from me. I didn't know about this act, and I am just about the biggest Pinhas fan boy. Great find. 
I'm taking this with me to the electronic quarters, but I am pretty sure I know what Philippe will say about this oneThumbs Up

Sorry for the late response - we were partying on Venus until late last night...
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply