Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFair to Midland & Dead Letter Circus-US Tour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fair to Midland & Dead Letter Circus-US Tour
    Posted: November 25 2011 at 20:56

FAIR TO MIDLAND - US TOUR 2011

Dead Letter Circus are pleased to announce they’ll be returning to the USA again in 2011 as the main support on the FAIR TO MIDLAND tour across North America throughout December. Dead Letter Circus recently joined The Agency Group after they tore up stages through sweltering summer heat supporting Animals As Leaders on their massive 29 date tour. Dead Letter Circus head back to capitalise on the buzz building around their record.

Debut album ‘This Is The Warning’ peaked at Number #2 on the Australian charts, is out now through Sumerian Records and debuted at #33 on the CMJ Charts, and has so far clocked up great print and online press. Track ‘Here We Divide’ hit the Top 20 on the Rock charts for the Music Choice network, and single “One Step” has taken some early radio wins, as well as being added to 204 video channels across the US.
The tour begins next week, and will take in 21 shows across the US including the Troubadour in Los Angeles.

Please find full US tour dates below.

For more info please visit: www.deadlettercircus.com

UPCOMING US TOUR DATES 2011

US TOUR WITH FAIR TO MIDLAND

Tickets and full info www.deadlettercircus.com

Nov 30 @ Launchpad in Albuquerque, NM

Dec 1 @ The Underground in Mesa, AZ

Dec 2 @ Troubadour in Los Angeles, CA

Dec 3 @ B. Ryders in Bakersfield, CA

Dec 4 @ Ace of Spades in Sacramento, CA

Dec 6 @ Hawthorne Theatre in Portland, OR

Dec 7 @ Studio Seven in Seattle, WA

Dec 9 @ In The Venue in Salt Lake City, UT

Dec 10 @ Marquis Theatre in Denver, CO

Headline Show: Dec 11 @ Bourbon Theatre, Lincoln, NB with Aficionado

Dec 12 @ Blue Moose Taphouse in Iowa City, IA

Dec 13 @ Varsity Theater in Minneapolis, MN

Dec 15 @ Subterranean in Chicago, IL

Dec 16 @ The Rave in Milwaukee, WI

Dec 17 @ The Machine Shop in Flint, MI

Headline Show: Dec 18 @ Frankie’s Inner-City, Toledo, OH with Aficionado

Dec 19 @ Musica in Akron, OH

Dec 20 @ The Emerson Theater, Indianapolis, IN

Dec 21 @ Firebird in St Louis, MO

Dec 22 @ Downtown Music in Little Rock, AR

Dec 23 @ Granada Theater in Dallas, TX

www.deadlettercircus.com

www.facebook.com/deadlettercircus

The Willow Farmer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2011 at 10:22

Next to Bedlam-era Mars Volta, Fair to Midland is the best live band I have ever seen. Even if they are not to most progressive band, I would suggest them to anyone. Their two major label LPs (Fables from a Mayfly and Arrows & Anchors) are both excellent.

Anyway, I am very happy to see a date right by me. If FTM are coming to a town near you, please consider going to their show.

Recent Music Acquisitions:
Johnny Marr-"The Messenger"
Steven Wilson-"The Raven that Refused to Sing"
Fish-"Sunsets on Empire"
Riverside-"Shrine of New Generation Slaves"

Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2011 at 10:26
They seem to have forgotten the Northeast exists. Confused
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2011 at 23:39
Originally posted by The Willow Farmer The Willow Farmer wrote:

Next to Bedlam-era Mars Volta, Fair to Midland is the best live band I have ever seen. Even if they are not to most progressive band, I would suggest them to anyone. Their two major label LPs (Fables from a Mayfly and Arrows & Anchors) are both excellent.

Anyway, I am very happy to see a date right by me. If FTM are coming to a town near you, please consider going to their show.

I second that Willow Farmer!   I got to see Fair to Midland a month ago with Filter and The Virgin Wolves.  Best 15 dollars I've spent on concert in years.  I would pay more any day to see any of the three bands all by their lonesome minus the other two.   The band order was Virgin Wolves, Fair to Midland, and finally Filter.

The crowd was way into FtM.  The crowd was there to see Fair to Midland.      Over half the folks absquatulated after  Fair to Midland vacated the stage.    There were tears shed.  It was the bass players last gig with FtM.   Back to Fair to Midlan in a minute.  The other bands on the bill deserve mention...

About 100 stayed to watch Filter Rock the place.   Two nights prior  Filter had played in front of thousands at Buzzfest with Straind, P.O.D. Bush, Chevelle , Everlast and several other big hitters.    After the mind blowing Fair to Midland set I thought,

"Filter has got their work cut out for them."   I lowered my expectations.  I mentally forgave them, before the they took the stage for playing an uninspired 35 minute set.        Filter played their hearts out!   The encore was 25 minutes of care free ( I can't believe this is my job) intense rock.     Filter embraced the challange of playing a small venue.   Lead singer Richard Patrick took song requests, sing-screaming "I'm Not the Only One," while we carried him round.   And the crowd ate it up.   Nobody ate it up like  Richard Patrick ate it up, jumping over the bar, poured a Patrone double shot , bit a lime in half , slugged it down,  cracked wise,  joking

," Quick someone sing the 2nd verse. I think I forgot it. Oh he knows.....Nooooo That's the third verse!    He even danced with me and my girlfriend  simutaneously belting out "The Best Things."    

Virgin Wolves had a twin guitar attack, drums, a beautiful bass player (married to the drummer) , finally  the sexy  unpredictable Jaimeson Robbins,  lead vocalist( married to  guitarist Chase Robbins)  .  This band could go places.  They had  groovy riffs and catchy melodies.  But the Virgin Wolve's main attraction is and always will be Jaimeson, absolutely amazing to watch.  I couldn't take my eyes off her.  Was it her voice or sex appeal?  No, it was the way she moved.     Like a virgin, and for the very first time.   I got to see a women  move with all the spontaneity and insane energy of  Mike Patton circa 1991 (think Epic).   Nice?  Yes.   I like it.  I like it alot!   This was definitely going to be a night for chrismatic, hedonist lead singers... 3 of 'em back to back.   But I digress.  What are  critics and important fans saying about Fair to Midland?

Nominated  for Best in Metal for four consecutive years in a row!        Dallas Observer 

Filter and Virgin Wolves live show shows crowd in comparison to "Fair to Midland"
they are, well...About fair to midland...                                               Fort Worthless Startle Gram

F*t*M   cracks skulls with numbchuck Chuck Norris guitar karate... Guitarzan Magazine

"Fair to Midland" going to be more than three chords and a pint of guiness....  Mike Portnoy  Rolling Rock Magazine

Prog power keg! ..... dynamite new album!..... But will it play in Peoria?        Jay Leno

Eco Magazine's Hugh Manatea has nothing but praise for classic prog rock classic
 Dance of the Manatee. "Oh the  humanity of this Fair to Midland metal classic echoes the sentiment of  classic boat enthusists everywhere."    Hugh Manatea, a huge manatee fan explains, " Until the manatee learns to get along with humans as the song Dance of the Manatee illuminates in way only death prog can,  Humanity has no other choice but to declare all out war against a huge manatee population.

Prog Metal Band..."Fair to Midland.." ... Ignites Mosh Pit in 13/8 Time                         Prog Archives

Meet Sulphur Spring's Heavy Metal Magic Man         Progasaursus Digest ( Sulphur Springs oldest Prog Rock Magazine!)

Leave it to a prog rock band to incite the lone mosh pit of the night.  Seconds after Fair to Midland stormed the stage armed with  adrenaline fueled guitars sending   heads bobbing like sea of chevy pistons pumping in sinc  to jackhamer bass riffs.  And that the band looked like in those first few minutes.  Threes song into the onslaught the crowd picked their lower jaws up and surged for  with all the violence of auto wreck whiplash.   And through it all I could hear bitter sweet vocasl wailing accompanied and sometimes unacompanied with harsh haromony  rising and falling like a mythic  siren in a hail and tornado strom.  Suddenly FtM shifted down the chiropatric, wet dream, Dali, nightmare then up though  gears I didn't know existed...prehistoric progasoar  shredding metal.  I thought the center cannot hold so I slinked to amature section on the outskirts of the surging mosh pit.    Lucky for those of us past our prime mosh years  all three bands attract  females.  And so the powerful estrogen mopped up just enough  testosterone to keep us from slipping and sliding on the damn stuf., Thus we  avoided serious injury.  Just a ton of  serious fun.  ( lightyears beyond 91's powerpop disaster  "Serious Fun", even diehard Knack fans avoid)    

Fair to Midland leadsinger Andrew Darroh Sudderth  doesn't look or sound like he avoids anything dangerous.  Spiderman is the only human I can think of, whom risks injury to life and limb the way Mr. Sudderth does in show after show.  Sudderth has a better voice than spiderman and infiniteily more vocal range.  Spiderman although,  has a slight edge when it comes to scaling skyscrapers  and vertical leaps. Watch  Andrew Darroh Sudderth Prog Metal Daredevel leaps more that 20 feet to the stage, as he sings   and lives every exciting prog metal moment as it were his last.   
   If you get a chance to see this band, and you dig prog metal....Do it  Don't take my word for it.  Ask your friendly neighborhood "Willow Farmer."  He saw it and heard it too!    

progithyphalic has shared a video with you on YouTube:

Watch the ending! :-)

Absolutely amazing....

the sound cuts out every once and a while and you can hear my cousin screaming like crazy... but its all good...
© 2011 YouTube, LLC
901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066

omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2011 at 00:11
To be Fair to Midland ...Here is a live video with better sound. 

body
< ="text/" defer="" ="utf-8"> if (typeof YAHOO == "undefined") { var YAHOO = {}; } YAHOO.Shortcuts = YAHOO.Shortcuts || {}; YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false; YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "progithyphalic sent you a video: \"Fair to Midland Walls of Jericho Live at SXSW 2007\""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = "[email protected]"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_url = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_tags = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_language = "english"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_numTokens = "44"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.abtCategories = [ [89, "1035500_Arts and Entertainment", 0.736012], [90, "2184000_Sports and Recreation/Venues/Amusement-Theme Parks", 0.61811], [1020, "2299500_Technology and Electronics", 0.435556] ]; YAHOO.Shortcuts.version = "3.0.0"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = { "lw_1322719621_0": { "text": "help center", "extended": 0, "startchar": 695, "endchar": 705, "start": 695, "end": 705, "extendedFrom": "", "weight": 0.125, "capAbtScore": 0, "spectrumResolutionScore": 0, "relScore": 0.125, "revScore": 0.125, "ctrScore": 0.125, "type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http"], "category": ["IDENTIFIER"], "wikiId": "", "context": "help center | e - mail options | report spam progithyphalic has", "metaData": { "linkHref": "http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/static.py?page=start.cs", "linkProtocol": "http", "linkRel": "nofollow", "linkTarget": "_blank", "visible": "true" } }, "lw_1322719621_1": { "text": "e-mail options", "extended": 0, "startchar": 809, "endchar": 822, "start": 809, "end": 822, "extendedFrom": "", "weight": 0.125, "capAbtScore": 0, "spectrumResolutionScore": 0, "relScore": 0.125, "revScore": 0.125, "ctrScore": 0.125, "type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http"], "category": ["IDENTIFIER"], "wikiId": "", "context": "help center | e - mail options | report spam progithyphalic has shared a video with you", "metaData": { "linkHref": "http://www.youtube.com/account_notifications", "linkProtocol": "http", "linkRel": "nofollow", "linkTarget": "_blank", "visible": "true" } }, "lw_1322719621_2": { "text": "report spam", "extended": 0, "startchar": 1097, "endchar": 1107, "start": 1097, "end": 1107, "extendedFrom": "", "weight": 0.125, "capAbtScore": 0, "spectrumResolutionScore": 0, "relScore": 0.125, "revScore": 0.125, "ctrScore": 1, "type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http"], "category": ["IDENTIFIER"], "wikiId": "", "context": "help center | e - mail options | report spam progithyphalic has shared a video with you on YouTube :", "metaData": { "linkHref": "http://www.youtube.com/email_spam?v=1a&c=2orWHKVsBnimhqnSFzyjP-GXdYfUEFDw3A6JU2DwVx_CDa1Z7sPCK-R_9OhRI4BH9viMSVp8YNrNBtbuz9mYwYZyfQJ1ujQ9pnkVPu8rr5L87j-3QIf9K53iH01B5TWsSI2O4Zh4wOjQHS6lvWJwvUiy4BjmO_A8ESKe2O_tZGA=", "linkProtocol": "http", "linkRel": "nofollow", "linkTarget": "_blank", "visible": "true" } }, "lw_1322719621_3": { "text": "progithyphalic", "extended": 0, "startchar": 1325, "endchar": 1338, "start": 1325, "end": 1338, "extendedFrom": "", "weight": 0.125, "capAbtScore": 0, "spectrumResolutionScore": 0, "relScore": 0.125, "revScore": 0.125, "ctrScore": 0.125, "type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http"], "category": ["IDENTIFIER"], "wikiId": "", "context": "help center | e - mail options | report spam progithyphalic has shared a video with you on YouTube : Fair", "metaData": { "linkHref": "http://www.youtube.com/user/progithyphalic?email=share_video_user", "linkProtocol": "http", "linkRel": "nofollow", "linkTarget": "_blank", "visible": "true" } }, "lw_1322719621_4": { "text": "Fair to Midland Walls of Jericho Live at SXSW 2007", "extended": 0, "startchar": 2248, "endchar": 2297, "start": 2248, "end": 2297, "extendedFrom": "", "weight": 0.125, "capAbtScore": 0, "spectrumResolutionScore": 0, "relScore": 0.125, "revScore": 0.125, "ctrScore": 0.125, "type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http/video/youtube"], "category": ["IDENTIFIER"], "wikiId": "", "context": "progithyphalic has shared a video with you on YouTube : Fair to Midland Walls of Jericho Live at SXSW 2007 © 2011 YouTube , LLC 901 Cherry Ave , San", "metaData": { "linkHref": "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTpNb1VxOfU&feature=email", "linkProtocol": "http", "linkRel": "nofollow", "linkTarget": "_blank", "visible": "true" } }, "lw_1322719621_5": { "text": "901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066", "extended": 0, "startchar": 2617, "endchar": 2651, "start": 2617, "end": 2651, "extendedFrom": "", "weight": 0.125, "capAbtScore": 0, "spectrumResolutionScore": 0, "relScore": 0.125, "revScore": 0.125, "ctrScore": 0.125, "type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/street"], "category": ["PLACE"], "wikiId": "", "context": "Jericho Live at SXSW 2007 © 2011 YouTube , LLC 901 Cherry Ave , San Bruno , CA 94066", "metaData": { "geoArea": "18.1193", "geoBldgNumber": "901", "geoCountry": "United States", "geoCounty": "San Mateo", "geoIsoCountryCode": "US", "geoLocation": "(-122.43511, 37.618279)", "geoName": "94066", "geoPlaceType": "Street", "geoState": "California", "geoStateCode": "CA", "geoStreetName": "Cherry Ave", "geoZip": "94066", "type": "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/street", "visible": "true" } } }; YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSetID = "8d54cf2b75adc9dda92e21bc4fc8e4c1";
progithyphalic sent you a video: "Fair to Midland Walls of Jericho Live at SXSW 2007"
The Willow Farmer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2011 at 13:21
Nice To hear from another FTM fan. Thats really cool that you were at Jon's last show. Did you hear that Brett (drums) left too? They are touring in December, but with temps.

Anyway, I'll have to check out The Virgin Wolves; never heard of them before. Can you suggest some tracks?
Recent Music Acquisitions:
Johnny Marr-"The Messenger"
Steven Wilson-"The Raven that Refused to Sing"
Fish-"Sunsets on Empire"
Riverside-"Shrine of New Generation Slaves"

Post Reply Post Reply