Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEast Rodeo (Post Rock)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: East Rodeo (Post Rock)
    Posted: December 10 2011 at 06:27
"influences from sun ra to sonic youth to hardcore and back. Plus they rock." - MARC RIBOT - "
East Rodeo is a breath of fresh air! They utilize sonic space and dynamics like hallmark bands Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd did. Yet keep a tight reign over their own sound and employ a cutting edge that rocks as hard as one may need to rock while still maintaining consciousness. It is an amazing work! Very strong and alive. I like the symphonic-like rock approach. Touching on musique concrete and this kind of Stockhausen school, yet not sounding stuffy or too legit....still a rock band." - GREG COHEN -

These are from the 2011 album that feature Marc Ribot, Greg Cohen and Warren Ellis.

From myspace page:
East Rodeo is an experimental avant-rock band founded by Alen Sinkauz (bass), Nenad Sinkauz (guitar, voice) in 2002. Two Croatians against two Italians. East versus West. Composers versus Improvisors. Tension, melody, noise, rhythm, psycho, impro, ….the stage is the path for the battle. It's a music of ever changing form and structure by means of improvisation based on a myriad of different music genres which mirrors the different cultural and musical influences of the band. In 2003 they released the first album “KOLO” (broadcasted alive on the program “Stanza della musica” RadioRAI3) and the second album “DEAR VIOLENCE” released by Kapa/Trovarobato in 2009. Some of the peculiarities of the East Rodeo is a collaboration with Tam teatromusica (experimental audio art theater from Padua) and art director Michele Sambin and their huge interest in performing arst. Together they realised (from 2002 till now) more than 10 theater productions and performances. The band performed at a number of important festivals along with some of the most renewed contemporary artists: Zedno Uho Festival (Zagreb,HR), Hartera (Rijeka,HR), Sherwood Festival(Padova, Italy), Audio Art Festival (Warsaw, PL), Trn Fest (Ljubljana, Slovenia), Explosive!(Bremen, Germany), Kulturetage (Oldenburg, Germany), Istra Etno Jazz Festival w. John Zorn's masada (Pula, Croatia), Ortigia Theatre Festival (Siracusa, Italy), Milanocontemporanea Art Festival (Milano, Italy), Monteccio Rock Festival (Montecchio, Italy), PUF Theatre Festival (Pula, Croatia), Milano Film Festival (Milano, Italy), Pula film festival (Pula, Croatia), Arezzo Wave Love Festival (Arezzo, Italy), Venice airport festival, Audio Art Festival (Krakow, Poland) ...along with a lot of club shows around Italy, France, Poland, Slovenia, Croatia and Austria. In December 2007 the 2. Polis Adriatic Europe Festival (Pula, Croatia) presented a site specific multimedial performance "Brodship" under the art direction of Alen and Nenad Sinkauz . East rodeo composes music for documentaries and short films.

Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 12:09
I'll check these guys out in a little bit.
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 12:49
Really cool stuff! I'll alert the PR team.
clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2012 at 03:22
Bump.Smile
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2012 at 09:25
Added to Post-Rock chart 3 months ago. Moved from Post-Rock chart 3 months ago to who knows where: http://progfreak.com/East-Rodeo-152099.html?path=pa/recent. They call themselves an experimental Avant-Rock band (see bio here: http://www.myspace.com/eastrodeo), so I'm guessing that they will fall on RIO/Avant's turf next. I think you need to ask around in the collab zone for more info. Ermm

Edited by yam yam - April 22 2012 at 09:26
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 04:34
Well, look where I ended up today...!!  LOL!!  LOL No, the move never happened Moris, but RIO/Avant was certainly where it was intended, so I'll drop a note in their thread now, and maybe this suggestion can be moved forward.  Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply