Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMagenta Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2014 at 09:54
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

I think I'll be biting the bullet and buying the CD's - not sure what vinyls are coming next, if at all.....
Christina is just beautiful in every way, but the backing musicians are just plain SUPERB . I wished that Andy Edwards was permanent.......he's soooooo good.

Must have missed this post. Yes Andy is a superb drummer as aptly demonstrated on IQ's Frequency and Frost's Milliontown and quite likely many others as well.

Chris Fry though is the one I focus on. Truly brilliant guitarist and incredibly versatile.

Tom also highly recommended is the DVD ' Live at Real World' which features Magenta doing acoustic versions of their songs. Really nice stuff.

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2014 at 13:18
^ Richard, I have the DVD's of Live At Real World & Live At The Point on my up-and-coming wish-list.
The reason I rave here is that, now I'm sure you have had similar experience, is that every once in a while, you discover an album that just overloads you with all the stuff you wish to hear ; perfect sounds, structures, instrumentation, voices, progressions, transitions........anyway, I have had a handful over the years, and 27 Club is the latest. Just perfect in every way to my ears.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2014 at 01:37
Very glad you like Magenta and the latest album. Sorry, but I forget where you are from , I assume not the UK? We really need to get you to a gigSmile
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2014 at 02:35
I'm all the way 'Down Under'. I don't see Magenta hiking it to Australia in a hurry.....
And anyway, I'd probably be the proverbial 'limpet' that won't give 'em a second's peace.......
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2014 at 15:18
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

I'm all the way 'Down Under'. I don't see Magenta hiking it to Australia in a hurry.....
And anyway, I'd probably be the proverbial 'limpet' that won't give 'em a second's peace.......

Yeah Magenta don't play that many gigs and usually its small venues in the UK to a few hundred. Still one day maybe the mountain might come to MohammedWink
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2014 at 23:38
^ or Mohammed will have to visit the sacred land where the blissful Christina and Co. churn out their magic......
So hung-up on NYC that I keep returning there........no Magenta gigs there, I guess.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123