Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cursor keys in Quick Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cursor keys in Quick Reply
    Posted: December 31 2011 at 06:48
When I want to correct a typing error in a Quick Reply text area, the cursor does not move. Counting the cursor key strokes carefully may help to determine its proper position in the text. When I type another key, the text is modified at that point and the cursor moves.

Fortunately, there is a workaround: clicking on the "Full reply editor"-icon.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2011 at 08:31
Which browser are you using? I've never heard this one before... nor experienced it (I've used different versions of IE, FireFox and Chrome over the past 6 years).

Edited by Angelo - December 31 2011 at 08:32
Even prog is rooted in the blues, at some point...

http://www.hulshout.nl/rfm
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2011 at 09:17
^Internet Explorer 9 (version 9.0.8112.16421) on Windows Vista.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2011 at 11:50
I also have a similar minor problem: when I click inside the post box before the page has completely loaded, the small vertical dash does not appear. I'm on Firefox and I've been having this for a long time... Probably since one of the recent server/software updates, more than a year ago. 
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2011 at 11:50
IIRC this used to happen to me on a previous version of Firefox, if I clicked outside the box and then inside it again the insertion point would reappear.

Edited by A Person - December 31 2011 at 11:51
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2011 at 12:02
M@X!!!!! Get off y'r lazy whatshammanot and fix this! Wink
Even prog is rooted in the blues, at some point...

http://www.hulshout.nl/rfm
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2011 at 12:26
I suspect this may have something to do with animated banner adverts preventing the refreshing of the cursor in the edit box from being updated correctly - switching to full reply editor simply loads a new banner ad from google ads, which may be a non-animated one.

If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is wise and then just behave like they would - Neil Gaiman
progkidjoel View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progkidjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2011 at 18:26
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

IIRC this used to happen to me on a previous version of Firefox, if I clicked outside the box and then inside it again the insertion point would reappear.

Exactly this.

ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2012 at 04:48
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

M@X!!!!! Get off y'r lazy whatshammanot and fix this! Wink

We can but hope that the revered Max personage does indeed possess the requisite whatshammanot from which he can launch a remedy to this problem
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic