Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTides of Man

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tides of Man
    Posted: January 06 2012 at 07:57
I've been listening to Tides of Men a lot recently, and I was a little shocked they weren't in the database yet. The band has released two albums 'Empire Theory' and 'Dream House' and although the departure of the singer they are still active ( more or less ).  They are a very good progrock band I would like to suggest to anyone out here. It's guitar based but very diverse and they combine straight forward rock with odd time-signatures and cool ( dissonant ) harmonies. As a reference I've posted the song 'Statues' from the latest album Dreamhouse. Greatings and I hope they will get a place in the huge database Progarchives has to offer!
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2012 at 20:42
Interesting Math Pop/Crossover stuff, kind of like This Town Needs Guns and Circa Survive put together. I'll alert the crossover team. Not the most progressive band I've heard in a while, but they might stand half a chance. Granted TTNG and Circa Survive were border cases themselves. Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply