Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJon Anderson To Play Select US Dates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
glassonyonpr View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jon Anderson To Play Select US Dates
    Posted: January 13 2012 at 12:00
For immediate Release

Original YES Vocalist / Songwriter Jon Anderson To Play Select US Dates

1/13/2012 - Asheville, NC - Music legend and original YES vocalist / songwriter Jon Anderson will be playing a series of select  solo concert dates in the US starting in February. Jon Anderson, who has one of the most recognizable voices in music, and is best known for his work with YES, Vangelis and Kitaro, as well as his innovative solo efforts, recently completed a successful tour of the east coast in the US with fellow YES member Rick Wakeman and a solo tour of South America. Jon's solo tour promises to deliver an exciting mixture of material from his prolific solo career, collaborations with Vangelis and classic YES songs, along with new compositions from his new CD 'Survival & Other Stories'.

Jon Anderson US 2012 Tour Dates:

2/02/2012 - Mesa Arts Center - Piper Theater - Mesa, AZ - www.mesaartscenter.com
2/04/2012 - Wheeler Opera House - Aspen, CO - www.wheeleroperahouse.com
2/17/2012 - American Music Theater - Lancaster, PA - www.amtshows.com
2/19/2012 - Newton Theatre - Newton, NJ - www.thenewtontheatre.com
2/24/2012 - Ovation Green Valley Ranch Resort & Spa - Henderson, NV - www.greenvalleyranchresort.com/entertainment/ovation.php
2/26/2012 - One World Theatre - Austin, TX - www.oneworldtheatre.org/home.html
2/28/2012 - Kessler Theater - Dallas, TX - www.thekessler.org
3/01/2012 - Carolina Theatre - Durham, NC - www.carolinatheatre.org
3/03/2012 - Parrish Auditorium Miami University Hamilton - Hamilton, OH 
3/05/2012 - World Cafe Live - Wilmington - Wilmington, DE - www.worldcafelive.com
3/07/2012 - Theatre of Living Arts - Philadelphia, PA - www.philadelphia-theater.com/theaters/theater-of-living-arts/theater.php
3/08/2012 - Baltimore Sound Stage - Baltimore, MD - www.baltimoresoundstage.com
3/10/2012 - B.B. King Blues Club & Grill - New York, NY - www.bbkingblues.com
3/14/2012 - Infinity Hall - Norfolk, CT - www.infinityhall.com
3/15/2012 - Wilbur Theatre - Boston, MA - www.thewilburtheatre.com
3/17/2012 - Narrows Center For The Arts - Fall River, MA - www.ncfta.org

Jon recently released an epic musical work entitled "OPEN." A return to the long-form composition that Jon Anderson is best known for, (“Close To The Edge”, “Gates of Delirium”, "Revealing" and “Awaken”), OPEN is a 21-minute exhilarating musical journey; a pioneering effort that weaves intricate melodic and harmonic themes within a classical music framework whilst showcasing Anderson's iconic vocals and timeless melodies throughout. In many ways OPEN is a return to Jon Anderson's musical roots, as YES music continually flows through his veins, making it only natural to revisit now and again. Coupled with wonderful orchestration by his neighbor and good friend Stefan Podell, messages of peace, love, light and freedom are further explored within OPEN, making listening an uplifting and joyous experience!

" 'Forever taken to that place of understanding,' are the first lyrics of 'OPEN', as though I am always remembering my true musical journey. To create this work, I sat with my 19th Century guitar and strummed ideas last spring 2010. Songs just poured out of me that week, and before I knew it I had created a long form musical idea, and with the help of Stefan Podell's powerful orchestration, we put together what is now 'OPEN.'

It has 4 movements all intertwined, and seems to have a life of its own. For those who love this kind of music, I feel so happy to present it as one of many I hope to create over the coming years. My love 'Janee' has helped in production with her unique musical observations and her angel voice. I am so happy and thankful... Many Blessings." Jon Anderson - October 2011

Jon Anderson's OPEN is available as a digital download and can be obtained at: 

In other news, Jon Anderson and fellow former YES member Rick Wakeman have released 'Anderson / Wakeman - The Living Tree In Concert Part One' CD on Gonzo MultiMedia. The legendary duo performed a series of successful concerts in the UK in 2010 in support of their critically acclaimed CD release 'The Living Tree', and recorded several of the performances. The CD can be obtained at www.gonzomultimedia.co.uk

For more information on Jon Anderson's upcoming tour go to www.jonanderson.com/tour.html  

Jon Anderson 'Survival & Other Stories' available through Voiceprint Records

Press Inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, Billy James, PH: 828-350-8158. [email protected]

Post Reply Post Reply