Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stef Broks leaves Exivious
    Posted: January 15 2012 at 08:59
From the band Facebook Page : 

Time and It's Changes

Exivious is entering a whole new era, in which the band will get signed, start touring, and release a new album. A huge departure from the independent DIY approach we've been dealing with in the past. With all these changes come new responsibilities and demands for the four of us.

Unfortunately Stef found himself in a place where he couldn't give what was being asked of him which made him decide to quit the band. Needless to say, we are deeply saddened to see him leave. Not only because he was the right guy for the job and an awesome musician, but also because Exivious is more than just a group of musicians. We're a group of close friends with some of the best band dynamics we've ever seen.

Stef comments: "After some very exciting years of playing with these awesome musicians and dear friends, my time has come to say goodbye. Exivious is turning into a full time band and I simply can't find the time to be a part of it anymore. I'd like to pass on the torch to my good friend and colleague Yuma van Eekelen, who will replace me with style and strength!"

Fortunately we're blessed to have some incredibly skilled drummers in our circle of friends. As such we quickly came to an agreement regarding Stef's successor. Meet Yuma van Eekelen, dear friend and incredibly talented drummer. He completely blew us away at our first rehearsal, being able to play through half of the songs from our debut album and 3 new songs with barely any preparation. We're looking forward to a bright future, full of amazing drum performances both on tour and in the studio!

Yuma comments: "I'm more than excited to become a part of Exivious! Tymon and I have known each other for years. He used to share his musical ideas with me long before the band was complete, so I'm proud to now become a part of Exivious' future music. It also gives me the opportunity to express myself musically in a far more dynamic way than previously possible. I can't wait to start touring and recording with these guys, so I'll see you on the road!"

Yuma will be joining us on our upcoming European tour with Obscura, Spawn Of Possession and Gorod in March/April. Please check our website for dates. We hope to see you guys there!

With warm regards,

Tymon, Michel & Robin

Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2012 at 09:15
Sad loss,Broks is an amazing drummer. I'm excited for the new album, though! 
PabstRibbon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2012 at 09:40
Originally posted by Andyman1125 Andyman1125 wrote:

Sad loss,Broks is an amazing drummer. I'm excited for the new album, though! 

This ! Their first album has been among my favourite release of 2009

Edited by PabstRibbon - January 15 2012 at 09:41
 Post Reply Post Reply