Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Flash Reforms with Ray Bennett & Colin Carter, CD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFlash Reforms with Ray Bennett & Colin Carter, CD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 01:48
Review from a fan on amazon.com.  Nice..

Quote Forty Year Later YES fans should like this album, September 8, 2013
By
Steven A. Blomerth DC (Peabody, MA USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)  

Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: Featuring Ray Bennett & Colin Carter (MP3 Music)

I bought the first Flash album in 1972 because I was familiar with Peter Banks playing with YES. I bought the second two Flash albums based on the music I heard on the Flash records. Forty years later I have just bought the 2013 Flash album out of an interest to see how Ray Bennett and Colin Carter could continue on without the presence of Peter Banks. What I found was actually the best writing, playing and recording of any previous Flash album. What I did not know as a young man is that good playing is only a small part of recording a good album, because there must be good compositions played well. The writing on this Flash album shows that 40 years time has allowed a great deal more thematic development and harmonic sophistication to create the pieces on this album. YES fans who initially came to Flash through Peter Banks should enjoy this music because it is good music. Ray Bennett has proved himself to be a remarkable bass player as well as a guitar player; and he has lived long enough to have remarkably good ears to create music this harmonically rich and evolved.

sherrynoland View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 15:12
Another good review from French Canadian "Profil—La radio progressive a Quebec"

http://profil.jimdo.com/chronique-la-totale-5-review/?logout=1

The robo-translation, as usual, a bit bungled Smile, is posted on the Flash facebook page, linked below.

Edited by sherrynoland - September 22 2013 at 15:15
sherrynoland View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2013 at 00:09
A review from Israel—comparing Yes and Flash (as was often done in the past) :

Quote Of all the Progressive Rock bands that flourished in the early 1970s, British legends Flash were always among my favorites and the forty years that passed since basically changed nothing in that respect. I always claimed that Flash was what Yes should have become: a gutsy, focused and multifaceted outfit which was able to write great music and cross genres elegantly rather than indulge in endless doodling and ego trips. No wander that Peter Banks left Yes after a couple of albums and formed Flash with vocalist Colin Carter, bassist Ray Bennett and drummer Mike Hough (with another ex-Yes member, keyboardist Tony Kaye featured on their first album). The band managed to record three classic Prog albums, which to this day sound absolutely brilliant and are prime examples of the genre. 

ADAM BARUCH—The Sountrack of My Life

You can read the rest of the review here:
http://www.adambaruch.com/reviews_item.asp?item=104372

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567