Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A Statement To The Press By Jon Anderson (re Yes+)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA Statement To The Press By Jon Anderson (re Yes+)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Statement To The Press By Jon Anderson (re Yes+)
    Posted: February 08 2012 at 20:35
For immediate Release

A Statement To The Press By Original YES Vocalist / Songwriter Jon Anderson 

2/8/2012 - Asheville, NC - In response to recent rumors circulating about music legend and original YES vocalist / songwriter Jon Anderson being asked to re-join YES - these rumors are unfounded and false. Jon Anderson is busy with his solo career; he is currently on tour performing solo (tour dates and venues listed below), as well as recording new music. Jon also had this response to recent quotes in the news by Chris Squire that he is in regular communication with Jon: "I haven't spoken with Chris in four years, and the only e-mail I have received from him in the last 3 years was him asking for free tickets to my show in Mesa, AZ last week - very sad, but true." 

Jon Anderson, who has one of the most recognizable voices in music, and is best known for his work with YES, Vangelis and Kitaro, as well as his innovative solo efforts, recently completed a successful tour of the east coast in the US with fellow YES member Rick Wakeman and a solo tour of South America. Jon's solo tour promises to deliver an exciting mixture of material from his prolific solo career, collaborations with Vangelis and classic YES songs, along with new compositions from his new CD 'Survival & Other Stories'.

Jon Anderson US 2012 Tour Dates:

2/02/2012 - Mesa Arts Center - Piper Theater - Mesa, AZ - www.mesaartscenter.com
2/04/2012 - Wheeler Opera House - Aspen, CO - www.wheeleroperahouse.com
2/17/2012 - American Music Theater - Lancaster, PA - www.amtshows.com
2/19/2012 - Newton Theatre - Newton, NJ - www.thenewtontheatre.com
2/22/2012 - Anthology - San Diego, CA - www.anthologysd.com/welcome.html
2/24/2012 - Ovation Green Valley Ranch Resort & Spa - Henderson, NV - www.greenvalleyranchresort.com/entertainment/ovation.php
2/26/2012 - One World Theatre - Austin, TX - www.oneworldtheatre.org/home.html
2/28/2012 - Kessler Theater - Dallas, TX - www.thekessler.org
3/01/2012 - Carolina Theatre - Durham, NC - www.carolinatheatre.org
3/03/2012 - Parrish Auditorium Miami University Hamilton - Hamilton, OH 
3/05/2012 - World Cafe Live - Wilmington - Wilmington, DE - www.worldcafelive.com
3/07/2012 - Theatre of Living Arts - Philadelphia, PA - www.philadelphia-theater.com/theaters/theater-of-living-arts/theater.php
3/08/2012 - Baltimore Sound Stage - Baltimore, MD - www.baltimoresoundstage.com
3/10/2012 - B.B. King Blues Club & Grill - New York, NY - www.bbkingblues.com
3/14/2012 - Infinity Hall - Norfolk, CT - www.infinityhall.com
3/15/2012 - Wilbur Theatre - Boston, MA - www.thewilburtheatre.com
3/17/2012 - Narrows Center For The Arts - Fall River, MA - www.ncfta.org
3/19/2012 - Bergen Performing Arts Center - Englewood, NJ -  www.bergenpac.org

Jon recently released an epic musical work entitled "OPEN." A return to the long-form composition that Jon Anderson is best known for, (“Close To The Edge”, “Gates of Delirium”, "Revealing" and “Awaken”), OPEN is a 21-minute exhilarating musical journey; a pioneering effort that weaves intricate melodic and harmonic themes within a classical music framework whilst showcasing Anderson's iconic vocals and timeless melodies throughout. In many ways OPEN is a return to Jon Anderson's musical roots, as YES music continually flows through his veins, making it only natural to revisit now and again. Coupled with wonderful orchestration by his neighbor and good friend Stefan Podell, messages of peace, love, light and freedom are further explored within OPEN, making listening an uplifting and joyous experience!

" 'Forever taken to that place of understanding,' are the first lyrics of 'OPEN', as though I am always remembering my true musical journey. To create this work, I sat with my 19th Century guitar and strummed ideas last spring 2010. Songs just poured out of me that week, and before I knew it I had created a long form musical idea, and with the help of Stefan Podell's powerful orchestration, we put together what is now 'OPEN.'

It has 4 movements all intertwined, and seems to have a life of its own. For those who love this kind of music, I feel so happy to present it as one of many I hope to create over the coming years. My love 'Janee' has helped in production with her unique musical observations and her angel voice. I am so happy and thankful... Many Blessings." Jon Anderson - October 2011

Jon Anderson's OPEN is available as a digital download and can be obtained at: 

In other news, Jon Anderson and fellow former YES member Rick Wakeman have released 'Anderson / Wakeman - The Living Tree In Concert Part One' CD on Gonzo MultiMedia. The legendary duo performed a series of successful concerts in the UK in 2010 in support of their critically acclaimed CD release 'The Living Tree', and recorded several of the performances. The CD can be obtained at www.gonzomultimedia.co.uk

For more information on Jon Anderson's upcoming tour go to www.jonanderson.com/tour.html  

Jon Anderson 'Survival & Other Stories' available through Voiceprint Records

Press Inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, Billy James, PH: 828-350-8158. [email protected]

twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2012 at 21:14
I knew they didn't ask him back--Big smile
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2012 at 22:07
Wow, only communication between the members was Chris asking for free tickets?

Shallow... 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 02:11
The point is: did he get them?
JesusisLord View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 03:31
Yes has finally run it's course......

And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. Phillipians 2:11
Clepsydra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 05:51
Yes is DEAD!
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 06:01
Yes 1 died with 90125, Yes 2 is alive and kicking
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 08:26
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

Shallow... 

We need a 60 Minutes investigation---I say Chris was going to the concert to shake Jon down in the dressing room and demand he come back to Yes ---sing FFH---and work for scale----or else.Wink
dennismoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 10:21

Shallow... 
Hi Horizons, Smile

Yes, that was small minded on Jon's part.  Keep that stuff "in the family", Jon.  Plus why does Jon need to do a press release to adress any odd rumor?.  Shallow is a good word.   Not to pile on, but since JA has been running around writing & singing so piously these days, a quote by Richard Wakeman comes to mind:

JA is a perfect example of a man wanting to change the world, by living in another"

Rick Wakeman's words, Not mine.

Plus as far as Chris Squire's original comments about Jon in the future:  It is PR101 to always be positive with the media
in regards to the band.  You want honesty???  Go to confession.  JA should be a bit less "victimlike" and understand that basic public relations principle, and see what Chris is doing.

Hmm, I still say that YES is busy promoting FFH which JA would NEVER sing, so it it still likely that JA will rejoin
YES after both their schedules permit.  Unless there are more health issues.
"Yeah, people are unhappy about that - but you know what, it's still Yes." - Chris Squire
raeloneq View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 10:32
Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

You mean Yes 1 died with Tormato?

Yes 2 from Drama is alive and kicking, not to be confused with Yes 3 from 90125, Big Generator and Talk....
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 10:45
Originally posted by raeloneq raeloneq wrote:

Yes 2 from Drama is alive and kicking, not to be confused with Yes 3 from 90125, Big Generator and Talk....
Hi raeloneq, Smile

I might add:

YES 1 died after Peter banks left.  I LOVE that old Yesterdays era Yes.  Sweet Dreams indeed!

so YES 2 died after Tormato, YES 3 after Drama.. and so on...

Cheers!

DM

P.S.  Amen brother, YES - Drama is alive and kicking serious butt!   Some of the live tracks on Live From Lyon
are righteous!
"Yeah, people are unhappy about that - but you know what, it's still Yes." - Chris Squire
zumacraig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 11:18
Originally posted by dennismoore dennismoore wrote:

Originally posted by raeloneq raeloneq wrote:

Hi raeloneq, Smile

I might add:

YES 1 died after Peter banks left.  I LOVE that old Yesterdays era Yes.  Sweet Dreams indeed!

so YES 2 died after Tormato, YES 3 after Drama.. and so on...

Cheers!

DM

P.S.  Amen brother, YES - Drama is alive and kicking serious butt!   Some of the live tracks on Live From Lyon
are righteous!

yeah, what i've heard from that recent live set sounds great.  need to pick that up.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 13:59
Originally posted by zumacraig zumacraig wrote:

yeah, what i've heard from that recent live set sounds great.  need to pick that up.
Dude!

Obviously, it would be worth it for Machine Messiah & Tempus Fugit, since JA would never add those to a YES show
that he fronts.  But pleasant surprises were HOTS & YIND.  YIND has a really big fat & warm organ sound while
Rick Wakeman would always have some cheese ball organ sound.  Dunnu how to explain it but Steve seems more
active without JA and Chris Squire's vocals are MUCH more up front than when JA fronts, which is a good thing, I say.
Plus Steve's guitar has some rather nice more pronounced effects, such as he does on Starship Trooper, a nice
thick old fashioned phase shifter!  Oh yeah, I forgot, Astral Traveller is way cool as well. Big smile

Sound quality is full & clear and well mixed, with no hiss. 

Edited by dennismoore - February 09 2012 at 20:59
zumacraig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 14:47
Originally posted by dennismoore dennismoore wrote:

Originally posted by zumacraig zumacraig wrote:

Dude!

Obviously, it would be worth it for Machine Messiah & Tempus Fugit, since JA would never add those to a YES show
that he fronts.  But pleasant surprises were HOTS & YIND.  YIND has a really big fat & warm organ sound while
Rick Wakeman would always have some cheese ball organ sound.  Dunnu how to explain it but Steve seems more
active without JA and Chris Squire's vocals are MUCH more up front than when JA fronts, which is a good thing, I say.
Plus Steve's guitar has some rather nice more pronounced effects, such as he does on Starship Trooper, a nice
think old fashioned phase shifter!  Oh yeah, I forgot, Astral Traveller is way cool as well. Big smile

Sound quality is full & clear and well mixed, with no hiss. 

yeah those early benoit set lists were pretty neat.  i think they tried parallels only to drop it.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 17:55
I think Jon has a thing about there being any versions of Yes without him and I guess he's sort of entitled.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 20:19
This is truly reaching amazing heights!!  

2/8/2012 - Asheville, NC - In response to recent rumors circulating about music legend and original YES vocalist / songwriter Jon Anderson being asked to re-join YES - these rumors are unfounded and false. Jon Anderson is busy with his solo career; he is currently on tour performing solo (tour dates and venues listed below), as well as recording new music. 

Jon also had this response to recent quotes in the news by Chris Squire that he is in regular communication with Jon: "I haven't spoken with Chris in four years, and the only e-mail I have received from him in the last 3 years was him asking for free tickets to my show in Mesa, AZ last week - very sad, but true." 

-------

Considering all of the back & forth between these folks, what do you make of this?  

"Your friends have been broken....they tell us of your poison, now we know....!!"

Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 20:25
All of this has been posted in the other Yes-related threads.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 20:35

All of this has been posted in the other Yes-related threads.

Couldn't find it.  The link was posted to the Glass Hammer Facebook page about two hours ago with this comment:

What have we gotten ourselves into? :::steve::: (You wouldn't believe the phone calls I'm getting.)

Last postings I saw on PA, Squire was claiming to have been in touch with Anderson, which Anderson now blows out of the water.  If this is redundant, please kill the thread.  However, I'm hearing new stuff now & would like to keep it going.
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 21:27
Feel free to continue, i just wanted to make sure you didn't miss the previous mentioning of the topic. 

Interested in additional commentary, thanks!
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2012 at 00:08

Feel free to continue, i just wanted to make sure you didn't miss the previous mentioning of the topic. 

Interested in additional commentary, thanks!

Thankee!  I'm in touch with a few inside folks, but nothing has popped yet.  

Here's the weasel language by Mssr. Squire:

Chris says he is still friends with Jon Anderson and in regular communication. “We email each other. We have a cordial relationship,” he says. “He is out there at the moment doing some solo shows. He is a lot healthier now than he was a few years ago when he was suffering from his breathing problems. He is getting back into it. I have never closed the door on working with Jon again. He has left the band before and come back and left it again and come back. It is an unusual situation. We will work together in the future but right now we are promoting the Fly From Here album which is our first studio album in 10 years”.

http://www.noise11.com/news/exclusive-yes-recruit-another-new-singer-20120208

Uh-huh.  And it appears that Benoit "left" of his own choice.  Like, who in his right mind would quit a gig like that??  

Based on past history, I think we are going to see some ugly legal action before long.  I wasn't sure how Jon could tour with his "Voice of Yes" act, unless he had come to some legal settlement with Squire.  More to follow, feel free to post.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>