Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Dear Hunter 2012 Tour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dear Hunter 2012 Tour
    Posted: February 13 2012 at 09:33
I am going to see them this Wednesday in Seattle.  They are opening for Anthony Green.  How they got matched up with him is beyond me.  Confused  Their music is not similar in any way.  I am going just to see The Dear Hunter.  Has anyone gone to any of concerts from this 2012 tour and how was it?  This will be my first time seeing The Dear Hunter live.
"As sure as Eggs is Eggs."
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 11:04
Well Circa Survive is similar enough to The Receiving End of Sirens, which Casey comes from, and a lot of bands that Casey pulls musicians from for the Dear Hunter.

Anyway, the show you'll be seeing will not be indicative of what the Dear Hunter is like live. They're doing this tour as a stripped down 3 piece band heavy on electronics. I saw them a few weeks ago, and I loved it. The whole show puts you into a trance. It's great to hear the way they reconstruct classic songs for the format they use on this tour. I prefer the whole band being together because the vocal harmonies are a big part of what make the band for me, but I was glad I got to see what they did this tour.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
Ethos View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 13:33
Oh, so that's the connection.  I had only heard Anthony Green's solo efforts, and I only recently got into The Dear Hunter, and the two sounded so very different to me.  I have not heard Casey's other bands as of yet either.  Thanks for connecting the dots.  I appreciate the info.!
"As sure as Eggs is Eggs."
 Post Reply Post Reply