Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAelter for Experimental/Post Metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aelter for Experimental/Post Metal
    Posted: February 18 2012 at 00:59
AELTER for Experimental/Post Metal

Another album picked up a few months ago.
Dusk-Dawn / Follow You Beloved is a CD "compilation" of their two vinyl releases.  Or I should say "his" because its really just one guy, Blake Green.

The "blurb" on the album compared them to Earth, and again it just looked interesting, so I purchased it.  Pretty low-key, mellow and ambient drone/doom.  Almost not metal at all, actually.  I kind of debated if they are PA worthy, but it's quite a nice album, so I'm giving it a shot.  Each of the two albums consists of only two songs, ranging from 15:40 to 20:26.

You can stream the entire album on their bandcamp page: http://crucialblast.bandcamp.com/album/dusk-dawn-follow-you-beloved.  Also a good description of the music you will be listening to.
I recommend starting with track 3, "Beloved".

AELTER Dusk-Dawn / Follow You Beloved
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2012 at 10:35
You're right, not metal at all. So Exp/Post is right out. It is incredibly dark, abysmal almost, and I'm not quite sure if this has a place on PA. I'll have to listen a little deeper, but the only place this would fit is PE and I don't think they have a very good opinion of dark ambient.
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2012 at 03:13
Originally posted by Andy Webb Andy Webb wrote:

You're right, not metal at all. So Exp/Post is right out. It is incredibly dark, abysmal almost, and I'm not quite sure if this has a place on PA. I'll have to listen a little deeper, but the only place this would fit is PE and I don't think they have a very good opinion of dark ambient.

I disagree. Lustmord and Yen Pox are on PE and they're progenitors of dark ambient. I think Aelter stands a good chance of inclusion.
 Post Reply Post Reply