Progarchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum SearchSearch  Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Aelter for Experimental/Post Metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote infocat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aelter for Experimental/Post Metal
    Posted: February 18 2012 at 00:59
AELTER for Experimental/Post Metal

Another album picked up a few months ago.
Dusk-Dawn / Follow You Beloved is a CD "compilation" of their two vinyl releases.  Or I should say "his" because its really just one guy, Blake Green.

The "blurb" on the album compared them to Earth, and again it just looked interesting, so I purchased it.  Pretty low-key, mellow and ambient drone/doom.  Almost not metal at all, actually.  I kind of debated if they are PA worthy, but it's quite a nice album, so I'm giving it a shot.  Each of the two albums consists of only two songs, ranging from 15:40 to 20:26.

You can stream the entire album on their bandcamp page: http://crucialblast.bandcamp.com/album/dusk-dawn-follow-you-beloved.  Also a good description of the music you will be listening to.
I recommend starting with track 3, "Beloved".

AELTER Dusk-Dawn / Follow You Beloved
Frank Swarbrick
--
Belief is not Truth.
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Admin / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2012 at 10:35
You're right, not metal at all. So Exp/Post is right out. It is incredibly dark, abysmal almost, and I'm not quite sure if this has a place on PA. I'll have to listen a little deeper, but the only place this would fit is PE and I don't think they have a very good opinion of dark ambient.
Formerly Andyman1125
Gordy View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2012 at 03:13
Originally posted by Andy Webb

You're right, not metal at all. So Exp/Post is right out. It is incredibly dark, abysmal almost, and I'm not quite sure if this has a place on PA. I'll have to listen a little deeper, but the only place this would fit is PE and I don't think they have a very good opinion of dark ambient.

I disagree. Lustmord and Yen Pox are on PE and they're progenitors of dark ambient. I think Aelter stands a good chance of inclusion.
 Post Reply Post Reply