Topic ClosedJon Anderson 4th Feb in Aspen, Colorado

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jon Anderson 4th Feb in Aspen, Colorado
    Posted: February 22 2012 at 19:19
On the 4th February we took a solid four hour drive into the Rockies to watch JA play his solo gig in Aspen, Colorado. It was great to see him play, mostly unplugged in acoustic and played many passages of Yes material from the first album, Tales from Topographic Oceans ( Nu som du soleil a frequent reference point), a few songs off his most recent solo, Survival and other stories, and last but not least a few gems off the crowds favorite....Olias Of Sunhillow. JA received a carved wooden replica of the Olias signature which he placed face up on the floor in front of him as he played the night away.

This was a different experience for me having seen Yes live in Edinburgh in 1998. Jon Anderson looked to me to be quite frail yet he still mustered up all the elven celestial light that seems to surround him and his music. His voice is as strong as ever and his closer Roundabout had the enthused crowd standing and clapping in approval. A definite thumbs up if anyone is planning to see him on stage solo in an unplugged format. Hard to believe he has been so ill recently so it was a real privelige to see him live on stage again in 2012.

Edited by Chris S - February 22 2012 at 19:21
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2012 at 05:18
That's a really nice postClap
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
 Post Reply Post Reply