Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed"Freedom" thread or something

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 294>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2012 at 23:23

Sad night in PA.  Not sure how Paul's other delegates did but it looks like we're only getting 1 delegate and 1 alternate in PA-18.  What was deeply disturbing about today was that PA-18 also chose to retain card-check supporting, NDAA supporting, big-labor whore Tim Murphy (not sure what orifice of his they don't use) who is considered an utter a****le by anyone who's talked to him for more than a minute.  What a joke.  Also, who the hell is Tom Smith and where did he get all this support?  Seriously, has anyone else in PA ever heard of the guy?

Time always wins.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 06:32
I know it doesn't really mean jack sh*t but did Santorum really come in second in the popular vote?

I was gunna say I'm a little upset by the low numbers..Paul seems popular in the Northeast but I forgot this is all a show and we'll see about the delegates. After all, he really did win Minnesota it seems :O
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 10:20
^ I haven't seen the numbers yet, but it wouldn't surprise me. Remember, Santorum grew up and was a Senator in PA. Also remember that in the middle of the State you essentially find yourself in the deep south.  
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 14:59
I know Pat, but still...that many still went for Rick?
I thought for sure it'd be a good dispersion of not voting, paul (well ok no chance) Gingrich and holding their nose for Robamney.

Oh and I know quite well all about Pennsyltucky...
Excluding State College (though if you dared to go beneath the surface still plenty of Pennsyltucky caliber people to be found)

Edited by JJLehto - April 25 2012 at 15:01
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 15:00
I'm ashamed to say that he was a pretty popular senator here. 
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 15:02
Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

Indeed.
Though goes to show how many footbullets he fired (or finally showed his full nature) that PA rejected him, quite badly.
To a Democrat that's pretty moderate too.

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 15:32
On another note, something that everybody who's not a neo con should like:

Arizona has passed a law refusing to be part of the indefinite suspension sections of the NDAA
This is now the second state after Virginia.

It's funny, habeaus corpus was suspended under the Military Commissions Act which got overturned by the Supreme Court.
It passed again in NDAA, but states are starting to overturn it. What if it gets revoked again?

Congress just can't be denied the right to grossly violate rights...how long before it's passed again? LOL

Hell, it's such a sweet deal. Communism was bound to come to an end, but terrorism? sh*t! That won't ever go away...and with our foreign policies we keep feeding to fuel for new terrorist fires. The government show never needs to end now!

Edited by JJLehto - April 25 2012 at 15:38
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 23:12

Speaking of senate: Do you have any idea who the hell Tom Smith is?  All I know about the guy is that he used to be a democrat.  I was a Scaringi voter but figured it would surely come down to Welsch and Rohrer.  Never had Smith on the radar.  His big win in the Senate primary leads me to believe something weird was going on, along with Murphy's win, and the vote total for Ron Paul being down 23k from 08 (first state to go backwards, i believe).  We ended up getting 1 delegate out of the 4 from PA-18 but other than that it was a dismal day.

Time always wins.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2012 at 12:24
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2012 at 12:33
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

On another note, something that everybody who's not a neo con should like:

Arizona has passed a law refusing to be part of the indefinite suspension sections of the NDAA
This is now the second state after Virginia.

It's funny, habeaus corpus was suspended under the Military Commissions Act which got overturned by the Supreme Court.
It passed again in NDAA, but states are starting to overturn it. What if it gets revoked again?

Congress just can't be denied the right to grossly violate rights...how long before it's passed again? LOL

Hell, it's such a sweet deal. Communism was bound to come to an end, but terrorism? sh*t! That won't ever go away...and with our foreign policies we keep feeding to fuel for new terrorist fires. The government show never needs to end now!

It'll keep being attempted. As I've said before, they already get away with a lot of the behavior. They just want it codified for down the road. The people have bad memories and can be worn down. It doesn't matter when it passes, but it will.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2012 at 12:33
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

Speaking of senate: Do you have any idea who the hell Tom Smith is?  All I know about the guy is that he used to be a democrat.  I was a Scaringi voter but figured it would surely come down to Welsch and Rohrer.  Never had Smith on the radar.  His big win in the Senate primary leads me to believe something weird was going on, along with Murphy's win, and the vote total for Ron Paul being down 23k from 08 (first state to go backwards, i believe).  We ended up getting 1 delegate out of the 4 from PA-18 but other than that it was a dismal day.

I have no idea about him. Yeah the Ron Paul vote total just didn't make any sense.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2012 at 12:34
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Thank you oh representatives of the people. You protect us from ourselves.

This bill doesn't even have as high of motives as protecting people from themselves. This bill just exists to punish dissidents.

The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2012 at 12:38
In politician speak, dissidents are acting against our chosen representatives, who are there for us. Dissidents are also represented by them, even if they don't realize it in all their treasonous minds. Hence, they are acting against themselves. Thanks oh lord for the FBI. Thanks bipartisan majority. Democrats and Republicans together. We should be proud. 
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2012 at 15:31
ugh, you gotta be sh*tting me.
Well, guess eventually I had to stop floating down that river...

This was bound to happen, the next step in internet censorship. Hope Bama follows that veto threat they claim.
Not like it matters :(

edit: LOL McCain proposed the bill in the Senate....what a surprise.
Man, perception is such a wonderful thing. McCain is such a "good guy" and I feel for the things he went through, but looking at his politics, seems pretty terrible to meCry

Edited by JJLehto - April 27 2012 at 15:38
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2012 at 17:55

Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

I have no idea about him. Yeah the Ron Paul vote total just didn't make any sense.

Will have a good idea soon if anything fishy is happening.  I and 2-3 other people, who also voted for Paul, wrote me in for committee.  Since nobody ever runs for this it only takes 1-2 votes to get you in so I should be notified soon.  If I'm not then our votes weren't counted.

Time always wins.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 13:09

Time always wins.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 16:03
Moment "Mises" is mentioned most people stop caring.
Because after all "no one believes those guys" so ya know....clearly they are wrong and don't even deserve to be known about.

As for price stability, using a simple online inflation calculator: since 1992 the dollar has lost over 38% of its value.
That's just 20 years, and during that time the Fed managed to maintain its target of 2-4% inflation. There was of course great recession to cap it off. Sooo yeah, so much for that low, stable inflationLOL

What really gets me is how often I see people scoff at "these people think recessions are a good thing"
I'd say recessions are necessary...and while the hurt, well hurts...it does also do some good things like let bad businesses fail (unless they get bailed out) and allows the "equation to balance"
Basically, a recession is a necessary self correction. I learned this is in my basic econ classes at school...not exactly these uber right wing Austrians that plague the internet. Are people really so dumb/biased?

Edited by JJLehto - May 01 2012 at 16:05
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 16:11
Anyone ever hear of Freegold?

Someone introduced the theory to me and it's intriguing at least. Though I'm still fully grasping it.
horsewithteeth11 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 16:28
I've heard of it, but I haven't done enough of my own research yet to form an opinion. So someone else would probably answer your question better.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 16:39
Well I get the basic ideas, as well as the predicted outcome, I just am having some trouble linking it all together.

Long story short, looks to basically have the backing of gold, but without the rigidity of a gold standard.

The idea seems to be money would be two tiered. Fiat is used as a medium of exchange, while gold is the store of value. Gold would be decoupled from money entirely, as in it would float.

Both would float against each other, I think. Yeah I can't fully grasp the concept yet.

All the info I can find seems to stem from this one blog: FOFOA. Whoever the author is, is quite knowledgeable.
They predict that "freegold" is inevitable anyway, so it'd be best to voluntarily move towards it over his prediction...that there'll be a huge crash which is the end of fiat money. Too bad the person stays all anonymous and mysteriousLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 294>