FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed"Freedom" thread or something

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 294>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 17:57
A poor interpretation...what a surpriseLOL
People are gunna take it the wrong way though, a Paul supporter I know texted me with "he's withdrawn his nomination" which is not the case it turns out...

Very strange move indeed from the Paul camp
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2012 at 10:06
Hey guys, my state just passed on the conventional Repub establishment choices and put up a Paul lovin' Libertarian to take on the formidable Amy Klobuchar.  She's a terrible senator but she is adored by this state so it's an uphill battle.  The message is getting out, spot the quote from the couple in this news story....never interested in politics before but Paul opened their eyes.  Paul was in town last night to speak at the gig. 

Still, while putting these guys in congress may help keep our budgets and taxes from rising to even more obscene levels, they'll have a much better chance of getting something through with an R prez.  It does matter, even if not as much as you'd all like.  One guy will back the promising people that can be elected, and the other guy will crush any economic reforms they try to make.  

http://www.startribune.com/politics/statelocal/152119865.html

This guy has like 50K on hand compared to Klobuchar's millions.  If you want to support a Libert-friendly candidate here's a chance to slip the guy a buck.  And he's an Econ teacher to boot.

http://kurtbills.com/

manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2012 at 12:43
Obama continues to put people in federal prison for personal drug use then jokes about his own on a 4th rate late night show?  What an a****le.

Time always wins.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2012 at 13:08
My mind was blown on the P&T drug episode when they showed the federal government program that mails marijuana joints to people for their medical conditions.

There's only 7 I think left, but I couldn't believe it.
The Federal Government...while always stepping up the war on drugs was giving people medical marijuana?
That's some lunacy right thereLOL
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 09:42
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Hey guys, my state just passed on the conventional Repub establishment choices and put up a Paul lovin' Libertarian to take on the formidable Amy Klobuchar.  She's a terrible senator but she is adored by this state so it's an uphill battle.  The message is getting out, spot the quote from the couple in this news story....never interested in politics before but Paul opened their eyes.  Paul was in town last night to speak at the gig. 

Still, while putting these guys in congress may help keep our budgets and taxes from rising to even more obscene levels, they'll have a much better chance of getting something through with an R prez.  It does matter, even if not as much as you'd all like.  One guy will back the promising people that can be elected, and the other guy will crush any economic reforms they try to make.  

http://www.startribune.com/politics/statelocal/152119865.html

This guy has like 50K on hand compared to Klobuchar's millions.  If you want to support a Libert-friendly candidate here's a chance to slip the guy a buck.  And he's an Econ teacher to boot.

http://kurtbills.com/

I think the way to successful political action comes from grassroots organization and utilization of free internet means to get a candidate and his message across. People who would vote libertarian leaning candidates can easily find out about these types of candidates. The libertarian movement has been adept at making this information available to others.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 09:46
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

My mind was blown on the P&T drug episode when they showed the federal government program that mails marijuana joints to people for their medical conditions.

There's only 7 I think left, but I couldn't believe it.
The Federal Government...while always stepping up the war on drugs was giving people medical marijuana?
That's some lunacy right thereLOL

And then other times they send armed SWAT teams into your home to harass your family even when you're not selling drugs at all.

"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
horsewithteeth11 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 10:29
Just wanted to mention that I just got back from voting for Paul (and the candidates he supports) in my state's primaries today. Clap Carry on.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 10:54
Well done sir.

Great article up on Mises.org on Anne Hutchinson by the way.
horsewithteeth11 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 11:34
I just finished reading it myself. There were some details I'd never known about her excommunication from Massachusetts. It was a very interesting read, but then again, I always love anything from Rothbard.
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 14:04
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

Obama continues to put people in federal prison for personal drug use then jokes about his own on a 4th rate late night show?  What an a****le.

*Big sigh*

I guess I just might have to avoid voting. For every thing I like Obama for doing (repeal DADT, pro-gay marraige...kinda) there's the two-faced marijuana bullsh*t, and especially the wiretapping, torture, rendition, and war on terror bullsh*t. Which is really a lot more overbearing. At the same time. Romney will be so much worse, if only for regressing socially. I'm sick of Republican "social conservatism" and there's no way things would actually get better for gay people, drug proponents, or anyone who is not actually a WASP during a Republican's tenure as president.

So conflicted...

Also, notice Penn is using a Neumann U87 and the other dude has a Royer RE-20. They both sound good but one is $2700 more expensive than the other. Still, I'm jelly either way...

Edited by stonebeard - May 22 2012 at 14:06
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2012 at 14:30

Time always wins.
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2012 at 20:16
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

Get to know George W. Obama's Assassination Czar  

Best picture ever!LOL Kind of serious though!!!!!Confused
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2012 at 21:59
Cool video. I enjoyed it.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 17:44
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 06:49
"Anonymity is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, the United States was founded, in part, thanks to Thomas Paine's anonymously written, pro-revolution pamphlet Common Sense. On the other hand, 12-year-olds who post anonymously on the internet can be rather unpleasant and cause real problems by cyberbullying."

Yeah those two things are of equal import.

A law like this would be enough for me to seriously consider expatriating. A lot of what I write online, especially in anarchist forums, would be technically illegal.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2012 at 19:34

Time always wins.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2012 at 23:12
http://townhall.com/columnists/patbuchanan/2011/01/21/how_the_chinese_must_see_us

A read for All American citizens and Milton Friedman free-traders to consider, even though I might be one of those free traders.

Edited by King of Loss - May 28 2012 at 23:13
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 08:34
I consider it long ago when I abandoned it. 
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 11:49
It's going to end badly.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 12:54
Pat Buchanan generally makes me want to run far away from anything he says. Has a bit of a "moral conservative" streak in him, which is the worst sh*t out there, and is just one of those paranoid people I think.

Wants to just wall us off and cower in the corner worrying about what other people thousands of miles away are doing.
Other people are scary.

OK maybe a bit much, but that's just how he strikes me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 294>