Topic ClosedThe 2012 NFL thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 63>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The 2012 NFL thread
    Posted: March 19 2012 at 11:28
Back to tradition, started by a fan of the Super Bowl team

HAHAHAHA TEBOW GOT DUMPED BY SOMEONE WE DONT KNOW IS EVEN HEALTHY YET!
AwesomeBig smile
I hope he just becomes a Pastor and leaves the NFL alone.

Poor Dolphin fans....how much do you bet they pick him up? Every time you think they're gunna turn the corner!

Giants let Mario Manningham go to the niners (so there's the other receiver they need). Really hope they got a plan (or the o line steps up) because if not this will be a terrible move.

Hopes, dreams, fears for this season?

Edited by JJLehto - March 19 2012 at 11:41
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 11:58
Well it's not just someone who may or may not be healthy. It's one of the best quarterbacks of all time who may or may not be healthy. That's kind of a big difference.

Giants were right to not keep Manningham. He wanted too much money and the Giants already have cap trouble, plus much bigger holes than having a third wide receiver.

I won't get Manning choosing the Broncos over the niners. I mean I'm glad he did so the NFC isn't troubled by that team.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 12:06
This is true, but still, it's great. I was hoping Elway deep down wasn't buying the bullcrap.
It's double hilarious because this Tebow fanboy pestered me constantly on FB. Jokes aside, I did nothing to warrant it. For some reason he hated the Giants and would tell me constantly and yell fanboyism about Tebow being a mad baller, and a gamer and the next Christ.

It's as you said, depends what they do with those holes. We needed him in 2011. If they can address some of the issues on defense (or fix the running game) then yeah we're fine without him.

As Scott said, he didn't wanna go to the NFC and maybe play Eli. It's kind of cool to see someone actually not just look at the $$$$ and stick to something they say. Also yeah, now we don't need to worry about him and I'm sure he's getting quite a pretty penny.

I expect the Niners to still be very strong, and if Peyton is healthy the Broncos should also be a good team in their lame division.

Edited by JJLehto - March 19 2012 at 12:07
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 12:21
The Broncos should easily win their division if Peyton is healthy. With that said, I do really like the offseason that the Chargers have had.

The Eagles, Chiefs, and Bills have had good offseasons so far I thinks.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 12:47
For sure, but you know those underachieving Chargers.

As usual looks like the G men will be dependent on the draft/coaching those players onto the team. Never really do make free agent splashes, though they are always solid moves. I was kind of hoping they'd do something with Osi now that JPP has stepped up, and I really like Kiwanuka... wish he'd get more playing time. Maybe Osi is keeping his mouth closed for once.

I need to catch up, I just know the Eagles gave D Jax the money he wants, which is bad news for us since he should be trying again!
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 15:50
I was def expecting the 49ers but I'm glad he didn't go threre. It seems (esp if Moss is any good anymore) that that would be his ticket to a superbowl win. I suppose the broncos arent a bad choice...though I think they will be shopping for recievers now. Also the dolphins...what a terrible free agency period for them.

And good god...I hope no one picks up Tebow. All the "experts" say Jacksonville is a good fit...but I hope the mustashed one doesnt fall for the hype.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 16:04
Ah! I forgot about Moss.
At first I laughed but it's a sweet move actually. Low risk/high reward (and if he bombs no big deal). If he can produce at a decent level, him with Manningham, Crabtree and Davis....Alex Smith will be looking fine!
I don't care, I'm still a fan of his!

Chad Henne was picked up by the Jags, IDK if he plans to start or not. To me though that says: Tebow to Miami. I'm calling it! It would be a shame for them, unless they pull a miracle in developing him.
Also if he ends up becoming good we'll never hear the end of him and will have to live with Tebowing all over the f**kin place! Angry

Mario Williams to the Bills, good move for them.
Brandon Lloyd to the Pats. WELL f**k! Now they have that "deep" receiver who can stretch the field and make a big play. I forsee another 2007Cry

Edited by JJLehto - March 19 2012 at 16:26
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 19:34

The cold mountain air might be tough on Peyton's stiff neck LOL.  Going to predict a disappointing year for both him and the Broncos.

Time always wins.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 21:59
Naturally you wouldLOL

This is really totally up in the air in my eyes. All depends on the health of Peyton. If he's fine, I see no reason why the team won't have success...he'll have what he hasn't for 6 years in Indy: A defense! They have some decent receivers and McGahee. A healthy Peyton would be the mixer for it all.
If he's not fully back well, it's gunna be a bad year.

Oh, just saw Vincent Jackson to the Buccs. Seems like a weird move but maybe they're hoping for addition by subtraction? Can work if the distraction is big enough. Great move for the Buccs, they need all the help possible!

Now that I heard about how many empty seats the Phins have I'm more sure Tebow will be going there. Back in Florida, he'll put butts in the seats for a season or two before he drives em awayLOL
Or watch them try some w**ky wildcat sh*t again. It could kinda work for him....ugh I'll hate another season of Tebow being spoon fed success. Someone take the time to develop him!!
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 23:59
My dolphins friend is about to have a heart attack. I think he's ready to lead an armed takeover of the Miami Dolphins front office!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2012 at 08:29
^ He's not excited about David Garrard? LOL

Time always wins.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2012 at 09:32
Matt Moore is a good quarterback. The Phins should just stick with him and aim for Barkley next year if it doesn't work out.

Lloyd to the Pariots. Perfect move for them on a reasonable deal. Too bad their defense will still be atrocious.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2012 at 10:19

They didn't sign Lloyd as a CB?  They could put him back there with Bond villainess Dani Woodhead.

Edited by manofmystery - March 20 2012 at 10:21

Time always wins.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2012 at 10:31
I think they're looking to trade for Tebow and play him as CB. 
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2012 at 10:49
Manning would have been better off in Tennessee,I think going to the Broncos was a bad move.A dome QB for 14 years playing half the season in Mile High? Good luck with that.

My Ravens have lost so many good players to free agency,especially on defense.I really hated to see Jared Johnson go,especially to the Colts.

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2012 at 11:22
Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

Matt Moore is a good quarterback. The Phins should just stick with him and aim for Barkley next year if it doesn't work out.

Lloyd to the Pariots. Perfect move for them on a reasonable deal. Too bad their defense will still be atrocious.

That is the only saving grace, but still a scary move and the guys in the AFC needed to step up!
AKA  Don't give em a free ticket to the Super Bowl again! Things were screwy though without Peyton and Schaub.

Yeah Jody, I thought Peyton would love playing the Colts twice but maybe he doesn't want toShocked
Guess it was about time? That defense was getting aged.

Not just Garrard. This was his text to me "So we can't get Jeff Fischer, lose out on Peyton, Flynn signs with Seattle. Smith was a tease. Oh!! And we let go of our best wide out  and now we released one of our best safeties"
Then add GarrardLOL

Edited by JJLehto - March 20 2012 at 11:27
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2012 at 12:49
CryCryCryCryCryCry

Don't have a ton of words to describe how great it's been watching him for the last 14 years or how much he has meant to the city of Pittsburgh and Steelers fans everywhere and how much it does mean that he would chose them over playing anywhere else.  Cry  Will miss you on the field, Hines.

Edited by manofmystery - March 20 2012 at 12:50

Time always wins.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2012 at 12:57
Well, we all knew it was happening this year, but always sad when a life long vet hangs it up, especially when he's been a big part of success.
At least he's ending it as a Steeler.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2012 at 13:04
Good riddance. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2012 at 13:21
It's really a credit to him and how much he cares about the team and its fans to hang it up when he doesn't really want to.  I hope they find a roll for him within the organization.

Also, I had interesting time killer for everyone: Put together your all-time team.  I'd try to avoid using active players, if possible.  Here is the depth chart (can use either 4-3 or 3-4 defense or both, if you want):

Offense:
QB
RB
FB
TE
LT
LG
C
RG
RT
WR
WR

Defense 4-3:
LOLB
ROLB
MLB
DE
DE
DT
DT
FS
SS
CB
CB

3-4:
LOLB
ROLB
ILB
ILB
DE
DE
NT
FS
SS
CB
CB

Special Teams:
P
K

Feel free to do a full depth chart with your backups, if you like.  Will have mine soonish.

Time always wins.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 63>