Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Farfest 2012 - October 4-7,Wilmington,Delaware,USA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFarfest 2012 - October 4-7,Wilmington,Delaware,USA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Farfest 2012 - October 4-7,Wilmington,Delaware,USA
    Posted: March 25 2012 at 10:00

Farfest is a new prog rock festival that will concentrate on 70’s and modern 70’s-sounding prog bands.  The intent is to showcase legendary 70’s prog bands that a lot of us only dreamed of ever seeing live and bring them all together in one festival. Since the 70’s era of performing musicians will soon be drawing to a close the time is now for such an event so we offer you this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see these classic bands perform.

The inaugural Farfest will take place at the Grand Opera House in Wilmington, Delaware on October 4th - 7th, 2012.

The website is www.farfest.com which has all the details regarding the festival (line-up, tickets, hotels, travel etc…) but here are some highlighted details:

Line-up:

Alphataurus (Italy)

Anekdoten (Sweden)

Atoll (France)

Cressida (U.K.)

Latte E Miele (Italy)

Locanda Delle Fate (Italy)

Maxophone (Italy)

Pulsar (France)

SBB (Poland)

Shylock (France)

Wobbler (Norway)

2 more bands will be announced.

Flights – Nearest airport is Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) which is 20 miles from Wilmington. If you plan on staying in Wilmington the entire festival then you do not need to rent a car and can just take the train from PHL into Wilmington. The Wilmington train station is within walking distance of the hotels and venue. Please see the travel section of the website: http://www.farfest.com/travel.html. *Note that the festival will not start until Thursday evening so you can use Thursday day as a travel day. Monday the 8th is a wannabe holiday (Columbus Day) so some of you may already have the day off to use as a return travel day.

Hotels - Doubletree by Hilton, Sheraton Suites, Courtyard by Marriott (please see the ‘hotels’ section of our website: http://www.farfest.com/hotels.html).

Tickets - Tickets will be sold solely through the Grand Opera House box office. There will be 1 ticket for the entire festival. All tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

The Patron/Advanced ticket sales will begin April 16th at 10:00 a.m. EST and end April 29th at 5:00 p.m. EST. The Patron/Advanced ticket price is $350 (+ small box office service fee). We encourage everyone to consider purchasing Patron tickets as not only will you get the best seats in the house but it will be a huge support to the festival.  

General ticket sales will begin May21st at 10:00 a.m. EST. There will be 3 levels of ticket pricing - $250, $200 and $150 (+ small box office service fee) depending on the seat location.

Domestic ticket sales can be purchased on-line (any time) or by phone and in person during box office business hours.

International ticket sales can be purchased by phone or by email during box office business hours. Orders will be processed in real time.

The Grand Opera House box office phone number is (302) 652-5577 and the hours are 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST Monday - Friday and 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Saturday & Sunday.  The email address is: [email protected].

For more information regarding ticket sales please see the ‘Tickets’ section of the website: http://www.farfest.com/tickets.html.

*Note: To order tickets on-line you must register with The Grand so please go to http://www.ticketsatthegrand.org/ to do so. If you plan on ordering tickets the second they go on sale then you should register in advance.

For any other questions or comments please contact Greg Walker at [email protected] or phone (801) 756-1954.

Thanks and we hope to see you all there!

Gerry & Greg

"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2012 at 11:02
You could just announce this in one thread or you need to announce this in a few more.  Wink
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Kotro View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2012 at 06:51
Brilliant line-up. Clap
Bigger on the inside.
progbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2012 at 07:16
for those who did not get this email ...   This is like a dream come true....

=============================================================================

Farfest is a new prog rock festival that will concentrate on 70’s and modern 70’s-sounding prog bands. The intent is to showcase legendary 70’s prog bands that a lot of us only dreamed of ever seeing live and bring them all together in one festival. Since the 70’s era of performing musicians will soon be drawing to a close the time is now for such an event so we offer you this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see these classic bands perform.

The inaugural Farfest will take place at the Grand Opera House in Wilmington, Delaware on October 4th - 7th, 2012.

The website is www.farfest.com which has all the details regarding the festival (line-up, tickets, hotels, travel etc…) but here are some highlighted details:

Line-up:

Alphataurus (Italy)

Anekdoten (Sweden)

Atoll (France)

Cressida (U.K.)

Latte E Miele (Italy)

Locanda Delle Fate (Italy)

Maxophone (Italy)

Pulsar (France)

SBB (Poland)

Shylock (France)

Wobbler (Norway)

2 more bands will be announced.

Flights – Nearest airport is Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) which is 20 miles from Wilmington. If you plan on staying in Wilmington the entire festival then you do not need to rent a car and can just take the train from PHL into Wilmington. The Wilmington train station is within walking distance of the hotels and venue. Please see the travel section of the website: http://www.farfest.com/travel.html. *Note that the festival will not start until Thursday evening so you can use Thursday day as a travel day. Monday the 8th is a wannabe holiday (Columbus Day) so some of you may already have the day off to use as a return travel day.

Tickets - Tickets will be sold solely through the Grand Opera House box office. There will be 1 ticket for the entire festival. All tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

The Patron/Advanced ticket sales will begin April 16th at 10:00 a.m. EST and end April 29th at 5:00 p.m. EST. The Patron/Advanced ticket price is $350 (+ small box office service fee). We encourage everyone to consider purchasing Patron tickets as not only will you get the best seats in the house but it will be a huge support to the festival.

General ticket sales will begin May21st at 10:00 a.m. EST. There will be 3 levels of ticket pricing - $250, $200 and $150 (+ small box office service fee) depending on the seat location.

Domestic ticket sales can be purchased on-line (any time) or by phone and in person during box office business hours.

International ticket sales can be purchased by phone or by email during box office business hours. Orders will be processed in real time.

The Grand Opera House box office phone number is (302) 652-5577 and the hours are 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST Monday - Friday and 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Saturday & Sunday. 

For more information regarding ticket sales please see the ‘Tickets’ section of the website: http://www.farfest.com/tickets.html.

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2012 at 08:35
Fart fest ? Tongue

Just joking, hope your fest doesn't fester.

Never been to a prog dedicated fest.  The last fest was Atlanta's Midtown Music.  I was there for Kansas and they got drowned out by The Cult.

You've got a good line up of bands I don't know.  Best wishes. Big smile

Edited by Slartibartfast - March 26 2012 at 08:46
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2012 at 13:34
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

You've got a good line up of bands I don't know. 

Brian, these are some of the best representatives of 1970s non-UK prog around. If you're a fan of 1970s prog, you'd have fun discovering. Enjoy!

My Gnosis Ratings

Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 17:20
Mezquita was just added to the lineup! Thumbs Up

Their album Recuerdos de mi Tierra is among my favorite Spanish 1970s albums.

My Gnosis Ratings

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 21:21
What a completely amazing line-up.  Kudos to all involved!  Clap

Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 21:19
Reposted from Greg Walker

Farfest general tickets go on sale this Monday 5/21 at 10:00 a.m. EST.

There are 3 levels of tickets available: $250, $200 & $150 depending on the seat location and they are being sold solely through the Grand Opera House box office. There will be 1 ticket for the entire festival (3 & 1/4 days) and all tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

*Note for domestic ticket sales: To order tickets on-line you must register with The Grand so please go to http://www.ticketsatthegrand.org/ to do so. If you plan on ordering tickets the second they go on sale then you should register in advance.

For all details regarding the festival please go to the Farfest website at www.farfest.com and for details regarding tickets go to http://www.farfest.com/tickets.html.

You can now join us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Farfest2012), Myspace (http://www.myspace.com/farfest2012) & Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/Farfest2012). We also have a Farfest forum: http://www.farfest.com/forum/ if you would like to post a comment or start a thread.

Edited by Nogbad_The_Bad - May 21 2012 at 21:19
djfake View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 11:51
This is simply an amazing event! I can't wait it! TELL YOUR BUDDIES!
Author, "The Strawberry Bricks Guide to Progressive Rock"

www.progressiverock.com
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 19:47
Thumbs Up
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 19:58
Latte e Miele, like, WOW! Wish i had the coin it would take to be a part of it.
Prog_Traveller View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 17:51
Bump
djfake View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2012 at 09:17
Press release is here:

Farfest 2012 Press Release

Edited by djfake - June 20 2012 at 09:18