Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Wall 2!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Wall 2!
    Posted: April 04 2012 at 12:49
   Does anyone of You is Expecting the Wall 2 to be released somehow in this decade , joining David & Roger in a last Masterpiece !  and Why   ?    I Really Do believe they still have the good materials on the hide , and they got the talent to do that !!   what do you think !?  Wink
Tracking Tracks of Rock
dennismoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 12:58
Originally posted by trackstoni trackstoni wrote:

Does anyone of You is Expecting the Wall 2 to be released somehow in this decade , joining David & Roger in a last Masterpiece !  and Why   ?    I Really Do believe they still have the good materials on the hide , and they got the talent to do that !!   what do you think !?  Wink

I think:

1. You are one day late for an April Fool's post.
2. We will have peace and intermarring between the Arabs & Jews before this happens.
3. Man will be able to fly to different galaxies by just wearing a kilt and farting for propulsion.

I love Pink Floyd, and I wouldn't mind seeing this happen, but Gilmour is clearly winding-down in his musical life, and after
Rick Wright dying, the break up is final and there is no hope whatsoever in this happening.  You never know, and there is always hope, but not is this one single case.

It would be nice though to get:

5.1 mix of The Wall
Concert DVD of the 1980 Wall released finally!

Just these 2 things may take 10 years at the rate that Waters releases stuff...
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 13:06
What would it be? Pink, the traumatic middle aged years?

The Wall was an exceptional album and narrative, and should never be tinkered with by way of sequel. Besides, they don't need the money anyway.

I'll reserve judgement on TAAB II until I've purchased it.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 13:07
No.
tdfloyd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 13:10

The Wall 2 was already released.  It was called The Final Cut.  Whether you consider it a masterpiece, well , YMMV. 

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 13:20
Originally posted by tdfloyd tdfloyd wrote:

The Wall 2 was already released.  It was called The Final Cut.  Whether you consider it a masterpiece, well , YMMV. 

The Final Cut was not The Wall 2. It was a rant (albeit a very good one) against modern politicians and the futility of war and Thatcherism/Reaganism. It had very little autobiographical content, whereas The Wall was Waters cast as Pink.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
trackstoni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 13:33
Originally posted by dennismoore dennismoore wrote:

I think:

2. We will have peace and intermarring between the Arabs & Jews before this happens.
3. Man will be able to fly to different galaxies by just wearing a kilt and farting for propulsion.

I love Pink Floyd, and I wouldn't mind seeing this happen, but Gilmour is clearly winding-down in his musical life, and after
Rick Wright dying, the break up is final and there is no hope whatsoever in this happening.  You never know, and there is always hope, but not is this one single case.

5.1 mix of The Wall

Tracking Tracks of Rock
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 13:37

I think:

5.1 mix of The Wall

I Love Your Avatar much More Than any other Walls in My life , nicely said if you're a lady , and fairly said if you're a man !  However , i believe it's gonna happen Soon !    Cheers 
Tracking Tracks of Rock
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 13:46
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

What would it be? Pink, the traumatic middle aged years?

The Wall was an exceptional album and narrative, and should never be tinkered with by way of sequel. Besides, they don't need the money anyway.

I'll reserve judgement on TAAB II until I've purchased it.
  I Have it right now  , and i really like it , but the album tittle was wrong , it have must been called <<  the Last Days of a Legend >>  no one was there except Ian , and he wasn't the team , he was the Charismatic person behind this  Masterpiece !!  but if you look over it , it wasn't only his Creativity , it was a one thousand man's Work !!  Halleluyah to Thick as a Brick one , no one can beat that , even the 9th Symphonic of Beethoven !!!
Tracking Tracks of Rock
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 14:35
Extremely unlikely as a PF album, but following Ian Anderson's flow Waters could write a Wall II all by himself and record it with a bunch of guests.
I don't think it's gonna happen but the possibility exists, if only quantum-mechanically Smile 

And indeed I wonder what the story thread could be, The Wall was quite self-contained.
Anthony View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 14:48
There can't be a "Wall 2", because the original Wall goes on forever. "Isn't this where we came in?" Nuff said.
Future prosperity lies in the way you heal the world with love
(Introitus - The hand that feeds you)
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 14:50
Originally posted by Anthony Anthony wrote:

There can't be a "Wall 2", because the original Wall goes on forever. "Isn't this where we came in?" Nuff said.

How about a prequel then. Tongue
Anthony View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 15:04
Like what? "The life and death of J.A. Pinkerton"?
Future prosperity lies in the way you heal the world with love
(Introitus - The hand that feeds you)
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 18:26
I would rather like to see them get that last album Rick Wright was working on, and complete it and release it as the las Pink Floyd masterpiece, just as The Beatles did with the last two singles they released in the 90's with Lennon's vocals, or I believe Queen did the same with their last album once Freddy Mercury was gone. Of course, I have absolutley no idea in which state Wright left that last album and if it would fit the idea (plus, I find it extremeley unlikely Gilmour and Waters would be up to the task... though I might imagine Gilmour himself doing it for the Wright family, but not with the Pink Floyd name, nor with the Waters collaboration).
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 18:29

I think:

5.1 mix of The Wall

I believe the 5.1 mix of the Wall should already exist within the immersion edition of the reisue campaign, but don't really remember all the details so I may be wrong (I'm almost sure DSotM, and WYWH immersion editions did include the 5.1 mix). As for the DVD of the original Wall concerts... indeed I would really love to see that, and I guess sooner or later it will come to happen; as long as a possible DVD release of the current Wall tour doesn't get in the way (or perhaps it he is waiting in order to release it as a duo pack).
geneyesontle View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 18:33

I don't think so.

Poseidon wants to Acquire the Taste of the Fragile Lamb
- Derek Adrian Gabriel Anderson, singer of the band Geneyesontle
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 18:33
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by tdfloyd tdfloyd wrote:

The Final Cut was not The Wall 2. It was a rant (albeit a very good one) against modern politicians and the futility of war and Thatcherism/Reaganism. It had very little autobiographical content, whereas The Wall was Waters cast as Pink.

I believe "The Final Cut" was actually created with the leftovers from "The Wall" album... I understand that was one of the conflicts with Gilmour. David would say that, if those songs weren't good enough to be part of "The Wall", then why should be good enough for the new album?. However, there are a few songs that I would really miss if they hadn't been released at all. There are a few songs that I can perfectly imagine fitting into some part of "The Wall" album.
topographicbroadways View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 03:20
I think it would be no worse than TAAB2 tbh.

And as we know TAAB2 is bloody awful 
JS19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 04:04
Originally posted by Anthony Anthony wrote:

Well it certainly feels like it does...
dennismoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 09:54
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

I believe the 5.1 mix of the Wall should already exist within the immersion edition of the reisue campaign, but don't really remember all the details so I may be wrong (I'm almost sure DSotM, and WYWH immersion editions did include the 5.1 mix). As for the DVD of the original Wall concerts... indeed I would really love to see that, and I guess sooner or later it will come to happen; as long as a possible DVD release of the current Wall tour doesn't get in the way (or perhaps it he is waiting in order to release it as a duo pack).

Lo siento mucho, mi amigo, no tienes razon, vete aqui:

The record company thought they could extract more money from fans by releasing The Wall box with only 2.0 mixes
then, selling the 5.1 mix later(in a limited box set prolly...)

If you read the article you will learn that the engineer claims there was no time to do a 5.1 mix for the Wall in time for the
Feb 28, 2012 box set release.  This is a dubious claim as the Pink Floyd box sets were oficially announced in mid 2011!

Anyway, aparently a problem is that The Wall multi-track tapes have some degradation so that needs to get cleaned up(digitally) before a 5.1 mix can be conducted.  No schedule has been offered to date.  So nothing happending here until at earliest Christmas shopping 2012. Angry

I can't freakin wait though, because if there ever was a musical recording that was made for 5.1 it would be The Wall!

Wish You Were Here & DSOTM are breathtaking in 5.1 But I do think The Wall will take 5.1 to a whole new level.

Now, where the heck is YES - Tales From Topographic Oceans in 5.1???Wink

Edited by dennismoore - April 05 2012 at 09:55
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>