Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Wall 2!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 11:50
Originally posted by Anthony Anthony wrote:

There can't be a "Wall 2", because the original Wall goes on forever. "Isn't this where we came in?" Nuff said.

I think that if these events on the album keep happening over and over again, then it doesn't make much sense, at least to me. Maybe Pink is A rock star, not THE rock star; at every iteration we could be introduced to a new person again and again.
RoyFairbank View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 12:26
This proposal reminds me of psychoderelict, the story about a jaded rock star by Pete Townshend, who at the time was a spent force, as was the Who (despite being only going into their 50s at the time!)

That album wasn't very good, but quite Proggy.

Very indulgent too. But it did relay the whole aged rock star hiding in his mansion sort of thing.
hobocamp View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 13:01
There's not enough prozac in circulation to prepare the world for another ninety minute whine-fest. Where is Walter?

Edited by hobocamp - April 05 2012 at 13:02
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 01:06
Originally posted by dennismoore dennismoore wrote:

Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

I believe the 5.1 mix of the Wall should already exist within the immersion edition of the reisue campaign, but don't really remember all the details so I may be wrong (I'm almost sure DSotM, and WYWH immersion editions did include the 5.1 mix). As for the DVD of the original Wall concerts... indeed I would really love to see that, and I guess sooner or later it will come to happen; as long as a possible DVD release of the current Wall tour doesn't get in the way (or perhaps it he is waiting in order to release it as a duo pack).

Lo siento mucho, mi amigo, no tienes razon, vete aqui:

The record company thought they could extract more money from fans by releasing The Wall box with only 2.0 mixes

then, selling the 5.1 mix later(in a limited box set prolly...)

If you read the article you will learn that the engineer claims there was no time to do a 5.1 mix for the Wall in time for the

Feb 28, 2012 box set release.  This is a dubious claim as the Pink Floyd box sets were oficially announced in mid 2011!

Anyway, aparently a problem is that The Wall multi-track tapes have some degradation so that needs to get cleaned up(digitally) before a 5.1 mix can be conducted.  No schedule has been offered to date.  So nothing happending here until at earliest Christmas shopping 2012. Angry

I can't freakin wait though, because if there ever was a musical recording that was made for 5.1 it would be The Wall!

Wish You Were Here & DSOTM are breathtaking in 5.1 But I do think The Wall will take 5.1 to a whole new level.

Now, where the heck is YES - Tales From Topographic Oceans in 5.1???Wink

Oh well, too bad. I guess I just didn't remember well enough. Still, I think they should have been more coherent with the "immersion" editions. If they were going to have the 5.1 mixes, then they should all have had them, and if that had to make the album take longer to be released, then they should have taken the time to do so. We are talking about Pink Floyd, and about the most expensive and inclusive version of their albums, so they should have taken their time. Instead, they decided to release it with a previousley released live album (unless I'm mistaken once again, but at least they had originally stated that would be included), and a bunch of demos which, as far as I've heard, are no more than curiosities. From what I've heard of Wall demos, the only one that's good enough for me to want to hear it over and over again, is a demos from "Another Brick in the Wall 1"... and it's not the one featured on the "Best Buy Sampler" cd.
Stool Man View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 09:11
The Wall 2 is what Roger's writing for Broadway, isn't it?
rotten hound of the burnie crew
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 10:08
Originally posted by tdfloyd tdfloyd wrote:

The Wall 2 was already released.  It was called The Final Cut.  Whether you consider it a masterpiece, well , YMMV. 

Thank you.

I kept saying that a long time ago, and that the original version of the film that was 20 minuts longer had most of this stuff in "The Final Cut" with the exception of 2 new pieces in the album (Not Now John being one!).

It also fit the story really well, as the parent thing fits in with the kid and the basis of the story in "The Wall".

It was cut down because at the time LP's could only do 22 minutes or so comfortably and I still think that this mandated that the film be slimmed down likewise to match the material on the album ... that is my theory.

The Wall 2, btw, should be the more recent version by Roger Waters ... which is still conceptually the same, but is quite updated for today's viewers and should be seen, lest we are so darn vain about our "music values".

My guess is that in about a year's time or so after all the concerts that a DVD will be appearing as there are way too many folks that would have wanted to see this that will never have the chance and it would be a shame to hide this show from the larger segment of the public. I would buy it, even if I saw it!

Edited by moshkito - April 10 2012 at 10:09
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
dennismoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 10:11

Oh well, too bad. I guess I just didn't remember well enough. Still, I think they should have been more coherent with the "immersion" editions. If they were going to have the 5.1 mixes, then they should all have had them, and if that had to make the album take longer to be released, then they should have taken the time to do so. We are talking about Pink Floyd, and about the most expensive and inclusive version of their albums, so they should have taken their time. Instead, they decided to release it with a previousley released live album (unless I'm mistaken once again, but at least they had originally stated that would be included), and a bunch of demos which, as far as I've heard, are no more than curiosities. From what I've heard of Wall demos, the only one that's good enough for me to want to hear it over and over again, is a demos from "Another Brick in the Wall 1"... and it's not the one featured on the "Best Buy Sampler" cd.

Yes, I agree, The Wall Immersion set is a complete fraud.  They are selling us the same thing again.

The 2.0 mix is the same as in the experience set
The 2.0 live mix, I bought already a few years ago, the new "remaster" is no different.

A fan needs to pay 128.00 for some papers and early demo recordings.

That is pathetic.

Hey I wonder if I can sell anybody some used garbage bags, do you think anybody will buy those?Wink
"Yeah, people are unhappy about that - but you know what, it's still Yes." - Chris Squire
Zombywoof View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 10:16
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by tdfloyd tdfloyd wrote:

The Wall 2 was already released.  It was called The Final Cut.  Whether you consider it a masterpiece, well , YMMV. 

Thank you.

I kept saying that a long time ago, and that the original version of the film that was 20 minuts longer had most of this stuff in "The Final Cut" with the exception of 2 new pieces in the album (Not Now John being one!).

It also fit the story really well, as the parent thing fits in with the kid and the basis of the story in "The Wall".

Wasn't the actor who played the teacher in The Final Cut film?
Continue the prog discussion here: http://zombyprog.proboards.com/index.cgi ...
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 10:20
I expect The Wall 2 to be released in November 2019. Pink will call himself Grey then. Tongue
Zombywoof View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 10:36
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

I expect The Wall 2 to be released in November 2019. Pink will call himself Grey then. Tongue

Will there be a song called "9 Feet Underground" on it?   
Continue the prog discussion here: http://zombyprog.proboards.com/index.cgi ...
Fox On The Rocks View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 14:51
Originally posted by Zombywoof Zombywoof wrote:

LOL
trackstoni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 18:23
Originally posted by hobocamp hobocamp wrote:

There's not enough prozac in circulation to prepare the world for another ninety minute whine-fest. Where is Walter?

i like that !!!!     Cheers    
Tracking Tracks of Rock
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 18:26

Originally posted by dennismoore dennismoore wrote:

I believe the 5.1 mix of the Wall should already exist within the immersion edition of the reisue campaign, but don't really remember all the details so I may be wrong (I'm almost sure DSotM, and WYWH immersion editions did include the 5.1 mix). As for the DVD of the original Wall concerts... indeed I would really love to see that, and I guess sooner or later it will come to happen; as long as a possible DVD release of the current Wall tour doesn't get in the way (or perhaps it he is waiting in order to release it as a duo pack).

Lo siento mucho, mi amigo, no tienes razon, vete aqui:

The record company thought they could extract more money from fans by releasing The Wall box with only 2.0 mixes

then, selling the 5.1 mix later(in a limited box set prolly...)

If you read the article you will learn that the engineer claims there was no time to do a 5.1 mix for the Wall in time for the

Feb 28, 2012 box set release.  This is a dubious claim as the Pink Floyd box sets were oficially announced in mid 2011!

Anyway, aparently a problem is that The Wall multi-track tapes have some degradation so that needs to get cleaned up(digitally) before a 5.1 mix can be conducted.  No schedule has been offered to date.  So nothing happending here until at earliest Christmas shopping 2012. Angry

I can't freakin wait though, because if there ever was a musical recording that was made for 5.1 it would be The Wall!

Wish You Were Here & DSOTM are breathtaking in 5.1 But I do think The Wall will take 5.1 to a whole new level.

Now, where the heck is YES - Tales From Topographic Oceans in 5.1???Wink

RIGHT   and fairly said !
Tracking Tracks of Rock
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 18:34

A fan needs to pay 128.00 for some papers and early demo recordings.

That is pathetic.

Hey I wonder if I can sell anybody some used garbage bags, do you think anybody will buy those?Wink
[/QUOTE]

Yes I will , if they're white   !
Tracking Tracks of Rock
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 18:40

Hopefully , i can  still witness that , i'm only 57 for God sake !   Wink Big smile LOL
Tracking Tracks of Rock
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 18:44
Originally posted by Fox On The Rocks Fox On The Rocks wrote:

Originally posted by Zombywoof Zombywoof wrote:

LOL

Oufffffffff  !!     Crap , by all means   !  don't you ever disrespect Caravan , i'm living in one myself !
Tracking Tracks of Rock
iamathousandapples View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 18:45
Why would anyone want a Wall 2? Especially this late in the game? Has any sequel to any album ever even chipped the lower spots of it's predecessor?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12