Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBest Song off of A Saucerful of Secrets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Which song do you prefer??
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [10.00%]
6 [12.00%]
17 [34.00%]
2 [4.00%]
14 [28.00%]
1 [2.00%]
5 [10.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 05:14
Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

It's pretty sad that 'See-Saw' doesn't get much love. Oh, well.

irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 06:20
Originally posted by Trick of the lamb Trick of the lamb wrote:

It's pretty sad that 'See-Saw' doesn't get much love. Oh, well.

It has got my vote! 
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 08:09
Great album.  The Floyd never made a bad album, in my opinion.  My favorite from this one is Remember a Day.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 14:31

There are quite a few out-freaking-standing tracks, like 'See-Saw', 'Remember a Day', and the title track; it's hard to pick one. The former two are equally top-notch from start to finish, but it's the finale of the latter that got me into playing the keys. Oh, well, let it be the TITLE TRACK. 
It's pretty sad that 'See-Saw' doesn't get much love. Oh, well. 'Set the Controls' is ambient music that is too dead for me.

Have you heard the live version of Set the Controls from Ummagumma and Live at Pompeii? Those ones are kind of stronger, and you may just as well like them better. There's also the live version from Roger's In the Flesh album, which has quiet a different arrangement, even with sax and female backing vocals. As for me, my very favourite version is the one from Pompeii.
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 22:13
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

There are quite a few out-freaking-standing tracks, like 'See-Saw', 'Remember a Day', and the title track; it's hard to pick one. The former two are equally top-notch from start to finish, but it's the finale of the latter that got me into playing the keys. Oh, well, let it be the TITLE TRACK. 
It's pretty sad that 'See-Saw' doesn't get much love. Oh, well. 'Set the Controls' is ambient music that is too dead for me.

Have you heard the live version of Set the Controls from Ummagumma and Live at Pompeii? Those ones are kind of stronger, and you may just as well like them better. There's also the live version from Roger's In the Flesh album, which has quiet a different arrangement, even with sax and female backing vocals. As for me, my very favourite version is the one from Pompeii.

You know, I tried the one on Ummagumma and on Live in Pompeii, but to no avail. I will do check out the In the Flesh version, though I don't know if the sax and female backing vocals are going to work. Thanks for the suggestions.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2012 at 18:59

Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

You know, I tried the one on Ummagumma and on Live in Pompeii, but to no avail. I will do check out the In the Flesh version, though I don't know if the sax and female backing vocals are going to work. Thanks for the suggestions.

Well, Waters did a similar arrangement for Welcome to the Machine too (though I think the last one doesn't have sax... but it's got female vocals). On both songs I really didn't like them at first very much... but then I got used to them and now I find them really enjoyable, almost as much as the Floyd versions. But still, the minimalism of the Floyd versions wins for me, I feel it fits this songs better. But then again... who knows, some people may like Roger's versions better.
The-time-is-now View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2012 at 06:41
A Saucerful of Secrets.

One of my best achievements in life was to find this picture :D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123