Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLog-In problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Log-In problems
    Posted: April 08 2012 at 20:07

I always log-in with the quick log-in feature on the forums. Then it tells me my log-in was successful. But then when I go to rate an album, it tells me this:

Quote As a registered member (register here if not), you can post rating/reviews (& edit later), comments reviews and submit new albums.

You are not logged, please complete authentication before continuing (use forum credentials).

And then I have to log in here again: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/login_user.asp

What gives?

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2012 at 03:23
^ Yep. Two different logins because the PA archive is not part of the Forum and vice versa. It's a security level issue.
What?
Seyo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2012 at 03:55
I have been having this kid of problem for few years now... my second login - the one required to write reviews - does not work, no matter how many times I re-enter my "forum credentials" when asked.
This is really frustrating since, as an old member, I simply cannot continue with my contributions to the PA. Cry
My guess is that this problem occurred around the time when I switched from PC to Mac. From  another computer at my then working place, I was able to write and submit, but it was a PC machine, but from my home Mac - nope! Unfortunately, I have never received a satisfactory advice from the Admin here, what should I do? Is it only me and my MAC? There must be many more Mac users by now here too...?Confused
FragileKings View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2012 at 21:00
Me too. I want to comment on a review and I have to log in. I do and go back to the comment and then I have to log in again. But many times after I type my comment and hit send I get an error message and my comment is lost and unsent. It's the one thing that really raises my hackles about this site.
I used to be a fan of particular bands like Rush, Yes, and Deep Purple. Now I travel the Proglands, exploring a little bit of everything. I have become a Prog Voyager.
 Post Reply Post Reply