Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Romantic Warriors II:prog documentary-latest news
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRomantic Warriors II:prog documentary-latest news

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Romantic Warriors II:prog documentary-latest news
    Posted: April 22 2012 at 23:35
Remember the "Romantic Warriors" documentary, one of the most relevant prog DVDs released as a document of t he current state of the affairs of the genre in certain parts of the world?
Now it's time for a "Romantic Warriors II" documentary, this time focused on the rock-in-opposition movement and other forms of avant-prog.
A DVD about Rock In Opposition is being made by Adele Schmidt & Jose Zegarra Holder !!! Watch the 5' min trailer by clicking the link below. Help them finish their new movie. They have 20 days to raise $5,000. The money will help them finish the film by July. You can pledge from $5 to $1,000. Any amount is truly welcomed. http://www.indiegogo.com/RomanticWarriors
Watch a rough trailer of "Romantic Warriors II" here: http://www.indiegogo.com/RomanticWarriors?c=home
The following information added at the request of the Romantic Warriors II team:

Greetings!

We are happy to announce the release of the "Romantic Warriors II - Special Features DVD", a companion DVD for the feature length documentary "Romantic Warriors II - About Rock in Opposition". The DVD includes 60 minutes of live concert footage of eight RIO/Avant Progressive bands that are featured in the film, and 40 minutes of unseen interviews with members of the original RIO bands as well as contemporary musicians currently shaping the sounds of modern avant-progressive music. The Special Features DVD is available at Amazon USA, UK, DE, IT, FR. Also, if you check out www.progdocs.com, you'll see an offer for $5 off the 2-DVD bundle (RW II and the Special Features DVD), making this an even better deal. Enter the code PROGARCH to get $5 Off your bundle purchase.

Youtube link

Edited by Easy Livin - February 02 2013 at 03:40
Cesar Inca View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 07:16
ABOUT THE FILM
United in their opposition to the established music industry and the pressures of compromising over art, a collective of five progressive bands started in 1978 the Rock In Opposition Movement (RIO) in Europe. Today RIO remains as one of the reference points for many listeners, musicians, and distributors to describe a cooperative approach of making and distributing non-mainstream music. Even when RIO as a movement was short lived, it triggered the creation of a progressive music sub-genre, called RIO/Avant Progressive that is being used lo label contemporary bands from across the world.

PRODUCTION NOTES
This time we spent filming in Europe and the U.S. and we discovered a fountain full of musical treasures. We couldn't be happier with the friendships we made and the footage we collected, and it will be a huge thrill to share the finished movie with all of you. Until now, we've been able to fund the entire cost of production on our own. The good news is that the entire movie is shot and we have a rough cut of 82'. But as we transition into the completion phase, we need your help to get over the finish line. Our anticipated completion date is July 2012.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 18:49
Made my donation

Good Luck with this, I'm really looking forward to it, the trailer looks outstanding.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 19:01
Happy words from the filmmakers.-

" We are very amazed about the response to our campaign. On day 2 we have raised almost half of our target goal, with people from countries all over the world supporting the film. Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far.

Please help us finish the film by pledging your contribution today at
http://www.indiegogo.com/RomanticWarriors "

Edited by Cesar Inca - April 23 2012 at 19:01
Morelli View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 19:02

We are very amazed about the response to our campaign. On day 2 we have raised half of our target goal, with people from countries all over the world supporting the film. Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far.

Please help us finish the film by pledging your contribution today at

http://www.indiegogo.com/RomanticWarriors

IndieGoGo is open to anyone who has a valid bank account or credit card anywhere in the world.

We are eternally grateful for any support from your end, even if it means sharing this with someone who is in a better position to donate. Pledges start as low as 10$ and every dollar counts. We humbly, sincerely, earnestly ask you to help us tell this story to the progressive music community, and why not, to the rest of the world.

Thanks for your support & Happy Pledging!

CLICK HERE TO FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK! http://on.fb.me/JwtZaq

AND PLEASE: EMAIL YOUR FRIENDS, POST A LINK ON FACEBOOK, OR TWEET ABOUT US at https://twitter.com/#!/ProgDocumentary! Anything you can do to help spread the word will be of tremendous service, and is enormously appreciated.

More info about the film here: http://www.progdocs.com

Jose & Adele

Romantic Warriors Documentaries

www.progdocs.com

www.zeitgeistmedia.tv 

Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 19:14
Thumbs Up
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 21:53
This is great!!

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2012 at 23:59
Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up Sax man
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2012 at 07:48
I made my donation yesterday, Apr 26th... and a few hours after José and Adele received it, I noticed this good news from them.-
" Wow! In just 5 days we have almost reached our fundraising goal on IndieGoGo, the trailer has already over 1200 views and online music sites all over the world are posting the campaign in support, like this one in Germany. This experience is being just amazing!"

This is so amazing, yet even if the initial goat is almost met, donations can go on freely and promptly in order to give more strength and consistence to the post-production and dissemination processes of this documentary (which includes a screening session at the R.I.O. festival in France).

Funding help secures you a place for your name in the end credits of the film.

Edited by Cesar Inca - April 27 2012 at 07:48
Morelli View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2012 at 10:52
Dear progressive friends,

Thank you so much for helping us reach our initial target!!! Amazingly enough it only took us 5 days to meet our goal, with 50 people from all over the world contributing to help us finish the film.

Please be so kind to keep spreading the word, the more we can raise by mid-May the more we are able to put into promoting the documentary by starting an outreach campaign upon completion. Any amount is still eligible for perks. 

Watch the 5' trailer here:

Jose & Adele
Zeitgeist Media

Morelli View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2012 at 19:45
WE HAVE THREE DAYS LEFT IN THE CAMPAIGN 

CAMPAIGN ENDS FRIDAY, MAY 11 @ 11:59PM PT 
ANY CONTRIBUTION IS STILL WELCOMED 

Click here to go to campaign 
http://www.indiegogo.com/RomanticWarriors 

The funding goal we have set is the amounts that will help us finish this project by our deadline. Any amount over $5,000 will be put into promoting the documentary by starting an outreach campaign upon completion. We have less than three days left in the campaign and any amount is still eligible for perks including DVDs, T-Shirts, and the mention of your name in the final credits of the film. 

Thanks! 

Jose & Adele
www.progdocs.com 
www.zeitgeistmedia.tv 
colorofmoney91 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2012 at 20:16
This looks awesome. I love music documentaries.
Morelli View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2012 at 21:01
WATCH THE 5' MIN TRAILER HERE:
Morelli View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 20:39
Less than 6 hours to go! Help fund the new Romantic Warriors's documentary through http://www.indiegogo.com/RomanticWarriors 

Morelli View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2012 at 21:11
Our new documentary "Romantic Warriors II - About Rock In Opposition" is in the final stage of completion going through DVD authoring and mastering. Thanks for all your support! 

This feature length film of 98 minutes brings you from Washington DC to London, from Paris to New York and from the Rocky Mountains to the Pyrenees connecting you with the old guard of the RIO movement while discovering new champions. You will listen to extraordinary music and to the testimony of extraordinary musicians, fans and individuals that have supported the so called RIO-music since 1978 when the movement was initiated by Chris Cutler of Henry Cow. 

For NEARfest we'll have the brand new film out of the box, just look out for us at a vendor table. 

In any case, you might want to win one of the three DVDs beforehand that we are giving away through a Facebook campaign. Here is how it works: 

1) Go to the film's web page and look for the campaign (image below) 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Romantic-Warriors-A-Progressive-Music-Saga/136452959730143 
2) Like it. 
3) Share it. 
4) Comment on it. 

If you have completed all four steps, your are entering the raffle automatically and might win a Romantic Warriors II DVD when it is released in July  

Adele Schmidt 
www.zeitgeistmedia.tv 
www.progdocs.com 
Morelli View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 20:43

ROMANTIC WARRIORS II - ABOUT ROCK IN OPPOSITION 
By Adele Schmidt & José Zegarra Holder (USA/2012/98 Min.)

You can now PRE-ORDER this new feature length documentary, ships July 2nd. Make sure you don't miss out on the $5 off pre-order sale in place until July 1st

All credit cards accepted. Click here:
http://progdocs.com/Home.html
The Hemulen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2012 at 05:54
Will you be giving either of these films wider digital distribution at some point? I notice the first one's available to stream from US amazon but I'm not sure I can use that service in the UK. Ideally I'd like to be able to download both, but I'd settle for streaming if it's available in the UK.

Thank you so so much for making this documentary, by the way. I hope it will not only be of interest to existing fans of RIO but will also bring this fascinating, secret musical world to the attention of  people who would never have heard of it otherwise!
Morelli View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2012 at 06:50
Thanks for your comments. It may not sound consumer-friendly nowadays, but we are not planning any digital distribution at this point for RW II - About RIO. Perhaps in mid-2013 we may decide to do just that with iTunes & Amazon (N.Am./Europe/Japan). And yes, you're right the Amazon Instant service for Romantic Warriors I is just offered for the US.

During a period of one year after the film's release, we prefer to give the opportunity to sell our film to the small independent prog shops (that still exist/survive worldwide) rather than to the big giant corporations that are running the digital platforms nowadays. 

Best
The Zeitgeist Media Team

The Hemulen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2012 at 08:02
Thanks for you quick reply! That is a perfectly understandable and admirable decision and, were I financially able to, I'd doubtless be supporting your endeavours by buying the physical DVDs direct from you or ReR or somesuch, but I sadly have neither the money nor space to go acquiring more DVDs.

Is there no safe/practical way to offer digital distribution direct through your website? I know it's not a direct comparison, but stand-up comedian Louis C.K. released his last special as a cheap download-only offer directly through his website, circumnavigating all those corporate monsters in the process. It'd be great if you could adopt a similar model, but there may well be technical restrictions to that which I'm not aware of.

Either way, I wish you every success with this film and look forward immensely to the day I actually get to see it!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2012 at 17:14
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=38574 - this item is now listed in PA, ready to be reviewed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>