FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPortable MP3 players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2012 at 05:22
^ go with your instincts - the one that feels right for you will inevitably be the one that is right for you.

Us men are like that, we've generally made up our minds right at the beginning and are looking for justification rather than something better or cheaper - invariably I spend hours searching, evaluating and deliberating over buying stuff then go back to the first shop I went into and buy the item I first looked at several hours earlier. LOL
What?
ColonelClaypool View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2012 at 05:44
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

^ go with your instincts - the one that feels right for you will inevitably be the one that is right for you.

Us men are like that, we've generally made up our minds right at the beginning and are looking for justification rather than something better or cheaper - invariably I spend hours searching, evaluating and deliberating over buying stuff then go back to the first shop I went into and buy the item I first looked at several hours earlier. LOL

Except when shopping for clothes, then we generally pick the first, best thing that fits and get the fudge out of the shop Big smile
With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince.
With science, you can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with.
Kilgannon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2012 at 06:34
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

I've got an 80GB iPod, and I've had it for about 7 years now, and I use it every day.  And it still works fine.

I know that's not what you're looking for, but upon reading the responses so far, it made me think about how long a lucky streak I've had with this thing.

I've had my iPod for a few years now and also no problems, I bought en ex-display model 120gb for under £100 on Amazon. Opened it up and saw it was actually the 160gb model Big smile
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2012 at 18:18
This is the overview of the new music service from Microsoft......code name Woodstock for now.
Slaughternalia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2012 at 18:37
I love my 160 GB ipod like a son. You may be a bit more of a unique snowflake without one but it's simply the best high capacity mp3 player
I'm so mad that you enjoy a certain combination of noises that I don't
Fox On The Rocks View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2012 at 00:09
I had a 160 GB iPod Classic until it fell off my school desk while listening to Jethro Tull. LOL Ouch Now, I have a 64 GB iPod Touch. It's great for apps and Internet, but I really miss that amount of capacity you get with the Classic.
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2012 at 09:09
Originally posted by Fox On The Rocks Fox On The Rocks wrote:

I had a 160 GB iPod Classic until it fell off my school desk while listening to Jethro Tull. LOL Ouch Now, I have a 64 GB iPod Touch. It's great for apps and Internet, but I really miss that amount of capacity you get with the Classic.

that's how my 30 GB Ipod video died in the 9th grade :(. What a tragic day it was.
There be dragons
Fox On The Rocks View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2012 at 22:50
Originally posted by frippism frippism wrote:

Originally posted by Fox On The Rocks Fox On The Rocks wrote:

that's how my 30 GB Ipod video died in the 9th grade :(. What a tragic day it was.

Unhappy I feel you Frippism. This was last year in my English class and after it fell on the floor the songs started to skip randomly and the iPod functions were all messed up. I took it home and plugged it into my computer only to find out that there was an obvious error and I couldn't sync. My only option was to restore, but once I did I couldn't get past the error message. That was unfortunate though, because I only had that iPod for 6 months before then.
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2012 at 09:15
^ouch. For me the Ipod fell on a magnet (there was this magnet on the binder- in order to close or some sh*t), and that tiny little b*****d of a magnet completely erased all my music and made it that I couldn't sync my Ipod. D:
There be dragons
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2012 at 09:28
^ my 40Gb iPod suffered no accidental catastrophe - it simple failed to work after a few months. Returning it to Apple (in Amsterdam) resulted in a replacement (Apple does not repair your iPod, it gives you a refurbished replacement) that also failed after a few months - this cycle of failure and replacement continued until the warranty expired (Apple does not extend the warranty on replaced iPods - you play this exchange lottery game for a year and ultimately lose even though none of these replacements are the iPod you purchased a year earlier).

In the end I replaced the unreliable 40Gb microdisc with an 8Gb Compact Flash drive, yet this did not solve the crashing/freezing problem. I keep it now simply as an iconic ornament.

Modern iPods may be infinitely better than my very expensive 4th Gen, but Apple can only fool me once - I'll not buy another.
What?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12