Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hail Spirit Noir (Greece) for Experimental Metal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHail Spirit Noir (Greece) for Experimental Metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hail Spirit Noir (Greece) for Experimental Metal
    Posted: April 26 2012 at 21:11
Hail Spirit Noir is a side project of Haris and Theoharis of the greek avant-metal band Trascending Bizarre?. They released their debut album titled Pneuma.

In this album, these guys mix sounds really unlikely to be mixed: Progressive/Psychedelic Black Metal. Yep, 70's psychedelic, with hammond organs, mellotrons et al. Think of Hail Spirit Noir as a mix between early Hawkwind, Hypnos 69, the spooky vibe of Bigelf, Death, perhaps Opeth and Agalloch and toss some black metal in (sorry, I don't know many bands of the genre).

Somehow they succeeded in blending these sounds and created what I consider one of the best metal albums released this year so far.

Listen for yourselves, the whole album is uploaded in YT (except for one of six songs), I recommend the track "Against the curse, we dream" as it shows the band's style better than any other song from the album:

Edited by Lima96 - April 26 2012 at 21:15
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2012 at 04:05
They were suggested by Smurph as recently as mid-February: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=84999. Only two samples were up on YouTube at the time, and Karl posted that the band had been put in the Prog Metal freezer 'til they could get more to listen to. Opinions up to now have been mixed: http://progfreak.com/Hail-Spirit-Noir-152189.html?path=pa/recent.

Thanks for providing the material necessary for the evaluation to proceed further, but I expect this thread will be merged with the previous one by admin. Ermm

Edited by yam yam - April 27 2012 at 04:06
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2012 at 18:09
Yea, they're in Discuss right now.
Smurph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 01:28
What's the word on this group. After hearing more of their stuff I thought they were pretty proggy.
 Post Reply Post Reply