Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKladivo Konj In Voda (Yugoslavia/Folk)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kladivo Konj In Voda (Yugoslavia/Folk)
    Posted: April 27 2012 at 14:02
Saw them only mentioned in east european prog/related discussions, not suggested though. They remind me a bit of Sedmina so I thought I'd give it a go even though they have shorter and more vocal songs, it's not really rock as much as it is folk but it might be interesting to some.

Kladivo Konj In Voda was a music group from Celje which was founded in 1979 by Daniel Bedrač. He was also the writer of most songs and was playing acoustic guitar, bass and percussion. Two albums, "Vidov Ples" from 1983, the interesting one, and a second one "Na Cesti" in 96 with electric sound and renditions of old songs, I don't know if it's any good.

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2012 at 20:49
Yes, I agree the similarity with Sedmina. I'm no expert on Prog-Folk, but Vidov Ples is a beautiful and quite rare album, and I can see no reason at all why the band shouldn't be evaluated. Hopefully Bob (ClemofNazareth) will drop by and cast his ear over it fairly shortly, and we'll then have a definitive answer. Embarrassed
ClemofNazareth View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Folk Researcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 19:56

Just found this thread.  I can definitely hear similarities to Sedmina, although this is more progressive and varied than that band's first couple of albums.

I think they will make a fine addition to Prog Folk.  I've sent the info to the other team members for their feedback but I would be surprised if they didn't agree.

"Peace is the only battle worth waging."

Albert Camus
 Post Reply Post Reply