Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 21:39
Obama = Romney
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 23:35
I tried "making a statement" last election with Barr. Didn't do a lot of good. There's really no point in voting in this election. The last thing I want to do is give Obama that bullsh*t "mandate" to continue the status quo, but I really can't bear to vote for Romney. I might just vote for Bama because the GOP has some serious sh*t it needs to sort out, socially, before becoming an acceptable party to have any power, IMO.
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 09:44
If I was in the States, it would've been Obama. As an Israeli, there's a definite side of me that would prefer Romney and his more pro-Israel views (though Obama isn't anti-Israel, really). Even though Romney's side might be a bit too one-sided in order to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict....... 

In the end, they both aren't perfect. I also believe a more social-democratic approach would be better for the U.S. at this time. So I guess Obama.

Boop.
There be dragons
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 10:24
Originally posted by stonebeard stonebeard wrote:

I tried "making a statement" last election with Barr. .
Who Rosanne? Tongue

Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

Obama - reproductive freedom - aid for the poor - killing Osama - saving the auto industry - all regulation on Wall Street = Romney
  fixed Wink

Edited by Slartibartfast - May 15 2012 at 10:29
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

RoyFairbank View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 12:02

Obama = Romney

Thumbs Up

The question is will this open up movement to the left & right of the establishment?

So far, all leftward and rightward motion flows back into the two parties, like the Tea Party and Occupy.

I guess it depends on there being alternative options that seem credible to people. Too bad, because there aren't any right now. Ouch

Edited by RoyFairbank - May 15 2012 at 12:03
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 20:35
This thing about Romney as a bully in the 60s is making me facepalm. This is like Clinton smoking weed. What a load of bullsh*t. You wouldn't hold any of that stuff against your doctor or even pastor, much less politician, where everything is about opportunism.

They are trying to distract from even slightly real issues. IMO the gay marriage thing is a huge distraction as well. What about the economy, the wars (present and future)....? Most of what they have said about the economy are like rhetorical bandages and large doses of austerity and cuts. The main difference is Obama just lies (he rails against abstract bankers and heads to meet with real bankers at wall street fundraisers on the same day!) or brings up stuff like Gay Marriage, while Romney doesn't bother saying anything at all.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 20:42
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Originally posted by stonebeard stonebeard wrote:

I tried "making a statement" last election with Barr. .
Who Rosanne? Tongue

Obama - reproductive freedom - aid for the poor - killing Osama - saving the auto industry - all regulation on Wall Street = Romney
  fixed Wink

Women have reproductive freedom.  The question is, who pays for the condoms and pills, Obama or us?
Osama bin Laden was killed.  The question is, who paid for it, Obama or us?
The auto industry was "saved."  Who paid for it, Obama or us?
Businesses are regulated.  Who pays for that, Obama or us?

Are you an atheist?  I think you believe that Presidents are gods.

manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 22:01
- Women can use any reproductive product on the shelf but they have no right to use taxpayer money to get it.  Not forcing everyone else to pay for your sh*t shouldn't be a partisan issue. 
- It's amazing as it is pathetic to see democrats rallying around the assassination of an unarmed man as the rational for Obama's re-election after spending so long calling W a bloodthirsty monster (which I'd agree with).  Romney would likely have made the same call and either way it's not a presidental accomplishment as he just sits and watches on tv from thousands of miles away.
- The auto industry is still a joke and will never pay taxpayers back the money W stole for them and Obama stole for their union leaders. 
- Obama is owned by Wall Street, who love regulation, by the way (because both parties let them write it).

Time always wins.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 07:01
Presidents aren't gods and elections have consequences even if there isn't enough difference between the two candidates.  The notion that the left is as radicalized as the right these days is utter nonsense.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 07:50

The notion that the left is as radicalized as the right these days is utter nonsense.

They are radicalized to the right.

1930s | New Deal
>>>>>>1960s | Great Society
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1990s | Third Way
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2010s | Obama Trauma

Reference

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1930s Republicans
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1960s Republicans
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1980s Republicans
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2010s Tea Partly Insane
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 08:26

Presidents aren't gods and elections have consequences even if there isn't enough difference between the two candidates.  The notion that the left is as radicalized as the right these days is utter nonsense.

Your clinging to the left vs right game is nonsense (which has been explained to you many time over several threads).  It's the type of thinking you exhibit that allows both parties to steal more and more power to control our lives.  At the end of the day you are no different than someone mindlessly pulling the republican lever every election cycle.  You're both helping government grow, driving the country into bankruptcy, giving a thumbs up to neverending wars, including the drug war which has only gotten more and more wasteful and ridiculous in the last 4 years.  If you use your classic left vs. right logic then you'll be voting for the re-election of the one of the most right-wing presidents in our history, as far as foreign policy, domestic "security", and "criminal justice" are concerned.  Sorry, I forgot, warfare and an utter lack of respect for civil liberties are only "right wing" ideals when the president is a republican.

Time always wins.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 10:26
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

Your clinging to the left vs right game is nonsense (which has been explained to you many time over several threads).  It's the type of thinking you exhibit that allows both parties to steal more and more power to control our lives.  At the end of the day you are no different than someone mindlessly pulling the republican lever every election cycle.  You're both helping government grow, driving the country into bankruptcy, giving a thumbs up to neverending wars, including the drug war which has only gotten more and more wasteful and ridiculous in the last 4 years.  If you use your classic left vs. right logic then you'll be voting for the re-election of the one of the most right-wing presidents in our history, as far as foreign policy, domestic "security", and "criminal justice" are concerned.  Sorry, I forgot, warfare and an utter lack of respect for civil liberties are only "right wing" ideals when the president is a republican.

Hey, I cling to Fahrenheit and Feet and Inches too.  It's just a gauge for measuring things.  You can "explain" things all you want, that doesn't make you right, it only makes you look like a condescending a****le. 

At the end of the day I am different from someone mindlessly pulling the republican lever because I am informed when I got the polls. 

You know big government is an easy amorphous thing to be against, that's why you keep trotting it out.  It's not how big the government is that is important as what it does and doesn't do. 

You conveniently forget that I don't fit into your stereotypical liberal ideal and that I am in fact with you on many issues.  But at the end of the day, the lesser of evils is still less evil and if there's just a dime's worth of difference between the two parties, I'll take what I can get.

Creative Job Destruction

Edited by Slartibartfast - May 17 2012 at 11:30

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 14:46

Lovely.  So you're "informed" and those who disagree with you are "mindless" in their voting. Gotcha.  And you're not being "condescending" there. 

Brian, you just can't accept that people don't agree with you, so you have to name call.  Same old story.

Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 15:18
Not quite what I said.  MoM said I was no different than anyone mindlessly voting republican.  I totally accept that there are people out there who mindlessly vote democratic, too.  I was merely stating that I was not one of them and I would not accuse him of being mindless in his voting habits. 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2012 at 22:14
You are one of them.  The reason I probably sound condesending is that I legitimately do not have one shred of respect for you.  You've managed to work your way right down to zero.  I mean, you try to save your earlier post (in which you continue your asinine assertion that you're not a sterotype then immediately spew the "lesser of two evils" garbage") by posting a cartoon mocking Obama's employment record and bloodthirsty nature.  Yes, the guy is using drones to murder all kinds of people overseas but that's ok because...you know....uh....lesser of two evils.  You are all talk when it comes to politics.  There's no credibility to you even on issues we supposedly agree on because at the end of the day you don't vote on any issue but D or R.  The only thing Obama could have done to lose your vote was switch parties.

Time always wins.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2012 at 22:34
Randy Blythe from Lamb of God is, supposedly, running for President.

He doesn't state any views except all the current politicians suck, but that if elected President his very first act will be to get shot.
Have someone shoot him with a non lethal bullet.

Then he needs to drag himself at least 50 yards to medical help.
Also that he would submit himself to boot camp, and if analyze our foreign policy, and if he decides troops should be deployed he will personally kill one of the enemies.
All this being he should understand truly the decisions being made before subjecting people to them.

Ya know....I kind of like it, and may have to vote for someone who's very first act as President is to get shotLOL
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2012 at 07:53
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

You are one of them.  The reason I probably sound condesending is that I legitimately do not have one shred of respect for you.  You've managed to work your way right down to zero.  I mean, you try to save your earlier post (in which you continue your asinine assertion that you're not a sterotype then immediately spew the "lesser of two evils" garbage") by posting a cartoon mocking Obama's employment record and bloodthirsty nature.  Yes, the guy is using drones to murder all kinds of people overseas but that's ok because...you know....uh....lesser of two evils.  You are all talk when it comes to politics.  There's no credibility to you even on issues we supposedly agree on because at the end of the day you don't vote on any issue but D or R.  The only thing Obama could have done to lose your vote was switch parties.

Your lack of respect has been obvious it isn't anything new.  Neither is your inability to appreciate the fact that the reasons why I vote D instead of R is because of political positions not party.  You can't accept that because it doesn't fit your narrative and so you turn to condescension and disrespect because you can't honestly counter my arguments and at the end of the day that is all you have in your arsenal combined with the blanket dismissal of my positions as being disingenuous, insincere, or lacking in credibility.

The reason that I posted Ted Rall's cartoon is to engage in a futile effort to point out to you that there are those of us, however you want to categorize our political beliefs, that aren't all lockstep "Obama can do no wrong".  There are plenty of critics.  Still a McCain Palin administration or a Romney Ryan administration would have and would be more detrimental to this country than Obama's despite all its shortcomings.  You can't have your fantasy candidate Ron Paul in the presidency any more than I could have Bernie Sanders.  The lesser of two evils isn't garbage it's the reality you have to deal with. 

Edited by Slartibartfast - May 19 2012 at 07:54

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2012 at 12:17
What arguments have you ever made? We've tried reasoning with you in the past and all you do is ignore it and post another cartoon.  Rall's cartoon is completely meaningless in this conversation because you're voting for Obama anyway.  You are marching side-by-side with the "Obama can do no wrong" crowd in November so all your pokes at him are disingenuous.  You bend over backwards to try to show you disagree with him and also to rationalize your upcoming vote for him.  It shows an utter lack of spine, nothing more.  Ever think that the lesser of two evils garbage is something we have to deal with precisely because of people like yourself?

Time always wins.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2012 at 13:05
Thing is Slart, you only bash one side and not the other.
Comes off as partsian
Even in your "I'm not partisan" you come off as, well partisan.

You never seem to actually bash the other side. "We're not all lock step with Obama" isn't really muchLOL
So you must understand where we come from, you present yourself as hardcore Democrat supporter.
If so just admit it, but if you area kind of unhappy with them/they're the lesser of 2 evils...vote with your heart Slart.

Write in Sanders
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234