Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your pets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your pets
    Posted: May 04 2012 at 18:08
Any animal lovers out there? Do you have pets? Anything nice or funny to share regarding them?
Here a couple of pics of our pets,
   our lovely dog Gaston
   our 4 cats Lola, Marcel, Carmen and Fernand (son of Carmen)

GASTON

GASTON WITH YOUNG LOLA

LEFT TO RIGHT: MARCEL, CARMEN AND LOLA

CARMEN AND HER LITTLE SON FERNAND

YOUNG MARCEL WALKING ON GASTON

LOLA GETTING WARM ON GASTON

LOLA, FERNAND AND CARMEN TAKING IT EASY...

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 19:49
Animal lover here, we have a big grey tabby (actually a Brown but he's grey to the eye) which we love dearly.   Though the costs of vet bills have risen so much that I may not get another pet anytime soon.   Gotta be making some regular bucks to properly care for an animal, I think.

Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 19:54

Ringo and Max. :3

Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 19:59
Animal lover as well.

I have 2 cats

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 20:12
dawwwwwwwwww
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 20:30
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Animal lover here,

Oh wait, not that kind I guess. Tongue

Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 20:38
Burt and Number 2 

HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 20:38
This is my pride and joy, 12 year old Ruthie:

My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
ClemofNazareth View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Folk Researcher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClemofNazareth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 21:34

We call him Bright Eyes!  

"Peace is the only battle worth waging."

Albert Camus
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 22:10
Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty---

oops sorry  Embarrassed

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 22:58
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 23:01
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Also....there is a previous thread on the subject.
There are millions of threads buried among the millions of threads in PA that are repeats from other million of threads. 

Anyway, more:

smartpatrol View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartpatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 00:06
I have a cat named TJ. He's the cutest thing ever and is the most important thing in the world to me. He's about 3 human years old now. Although today we had to pop an abscess/infection in his ear with an exacto knife (yes, it was satrilised), and I hated doing that so much. Well, luckily my dad did that, but I was right next to him and it made me cry a little. We squeezed the puss out and put some poroxide on it and now he's doing fine.
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 02:35
Cute animals there!
I was sure that there must be some thread already but did a search without results, another proof of how poor the search function is Unhappy

Here's another pic of Marcel, Peter Gabriel was not the only one pretending to be a flower Tongue

Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 02:38
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

God, and I thought that our Marcel is fat, you clearly feed them well LOL   not badly meant, I find fat cats cute!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 03:09
that cat's so big there's two of them
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 03:10
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

the adorable alarm just went off in my house, thanks a lot !

Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 05:20
Gerinski, you've got quite the family there Big smile . Real assortiment. 

Anyway, I've got two on my mind ... on my mind 'cause they aren't really mine, so technically they aren't really pets, but they do feel like members of my family. But hell ! , I'm an animal lover too, which is not to say that I love animals more than y'all put together ... but maybe I do Big smile Smile .

Here's Harper, my step-daddy's dog (posing innocently after my mother stupidly left a door open and Harper "jumped like a bullet" ... and then came back when mom found her):

She's got this white stripe on her neck just below the chin, a stripe my mom refers to as "like that of a tigress". I swear I'll get a better angle when the opportunity comes a-knockin'. My mother took the pictures.

Also, there is Clown. She lives in the car-and-truck shop of my step-daddy's work facility. I let her do all sorts of ... I'm pretty sure the admins and mods are tired of me using the word "s$%t", so I'll just go with crap ... I let her do all sorts of crazy crap, like smell my mouth, eat my yogurt, etc. 

Before and after a head massage:

Edited by Dayvenkirq - May 09 2012 at 14:10
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 05:50
Originally posted by smartpatrol smartpatrol wrote:

I have a cat named TJ. He's the cutest thing ever and is the most important thing in the world to me. He's about 3 human years old now. Although today we had to pop an abscess/infection in his ear with an exacto knife (yes, it was satrilised), and I hated doing that so much. Well, luckily my dad did that, but I was right next to him and it made me cry a little. We squeezed the puss out and put some poroxide on it and now he's doing fine.
Well that's part of loving them, same as with people, if you love them you have to be there for the good and for the bad.
Our cat Lola was born with a problem in her eyes and a couple of years ago I had to take her to the clinic to have one eye removed, I was very sad not the least because the vet said that the other eye would probably develop the same problem and would eventually have to be removed as well. She assured me that cats can still live happily without both eyes but it made me really sad.

Luckily so far the remaining eye is still fine, and she is now much better than before removing the eye, when we could clearly see that she was in pain (the eye swelled a lot and made pressure in her skull). Now she's got only one eye but she plays and looks happy again, and I love her all the same if not even more.

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 05:52
Fat cats are indeed the best, though we feed both ours the same amount, and in fact the other (thinner) cat eats more by pushing the other out of the bowl or hogging.

Guess they're just like people...some are just bigger than others
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>