Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your pets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 29>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 01:58
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ Yeah I live in the middle of a city and we still get critters of all kinds.. I can smell the odor of skunk right now.   I finally boarded off the space under my side passage door where coons and skunks were moving back & forth from the street to our yard.   Cut down big time on the beastie traffic.   Now the occasional one doesn't seem so bad.   Luckily my cat is way too cautious to mess with a coon but he does go after the odd skunk now&then.

Now that you've mentioned it: my mother and I know a guy in Frisco who happens to live in a skunk free-area ... or so they thought they did. I saw a little rascal prancing his way from open sight between the bushes and a house. "I think I just saw something black with a white stripe on its back running away from open sight." "You serious? ... S%^t."
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Let's see; we get squirrels, rats, mice, skunks, raccoons, snakes, stray cats, birds, crickets, paper wasps, huge red & orange garden spiders, and the rare opossum.   I don't see many salamanders or silverfish like I used to.   We have had several big paper wasp (yellowjackets) nests attached to our house and one unfortunate bumblebee nest inside the walls (an ugly business), as well as a 'coon living under the house that we had humanely caught and released.

I don't know how the crime is back in the Frisco/Sausalito area, but it appears that skunks and other mess-ups are a serious problem next to crime.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - May 04 2013 at 02:03
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 02:03
oh they're fine and pretty cute actually--  once you get used to the smell on your house or pets it's no biggie and goes away after a few days  Smile

Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 02:03
 ... That guy has three cats, one of which had a bad case of "smelly" ... and the poor little things hated (and still does hate) water.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - May 04 2013 at 02:06
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 15:03
Did I post these already?

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 16:37
You sure have, but one extra time wouldn't hurt.
smartpatrol View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartpatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 23:26
That's the biggest f**king mouse I've ever seen; I'm so proud of you! Now get the f**k out, play with it somewhere else.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 23:28
... Now, now, be nice to the cat.

My little lady caught a bird and a mouse ... and she won't even play with them!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartpatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 23:37
TJ's the opposite; he plays for an hour or two and then sometimes eats it but sometimes just leaves it there for me to throw away
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 23:43
The 3 amigos are loose since a couple of weeks now; no casualties to report.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 00:12
Burt and brother

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartpatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 00:18
you came to the wrong neighborhood 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 00:26
^ Well, let's just say. Teo's cats are of the sumo class 'cause they are both pregnant.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - May 15 2013 at 00:27
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 00:58
it's a blustery night and my tabby is curled up on some shoes by the front door

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartpatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 01:00
So I'm not sure if he ate the mouse or if he hid him somewhere or if he just got bored but now he's sniffing my clean laundry
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartpatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 01:30
Do any other owners notice their cats licking plastic bags?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 01:34
Sounds new to me.
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 02:49
Originally posted by smartpatrol smartpatrol wrote:

The ones you had used to catch the previous dead mouse? Tongue
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 02:51
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Burt and brother

Cute pair!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartpatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 07:37
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

The ones you had used to catch the previous dead mouse? Tongue

nope
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 07:51

So I'm not sure if he ate the mouse or if he hid him somewhere or if he just got bored but now he's sniffing my clean laundry
That's a danger, the favourite lying place of all our cats was clean laundry, you had to really pay attention because in a blink of an eye they were already lying on it, and of course full of their hair again Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 29>