Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your pets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 26272829>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2015 at 13:58
Originally posted by *frinspar* *frinspar* wrote:

^
I love those pictures. What a cute pup! 

We got this fella a few months ago from a shelter. He's 9 years old. They didn't know his name, so we call him Blue or Wookie Steve. He responds to Blue now. 

The first name is because of his blue eyes. Yeah, not too imaginative. LOL The second name came from 2 things. When you scratch him he gurgles and makes noises like a Wookie. And one night we were joking about what his real name might be, so we just started calling names out and he turned his head at the name Steve. So, Wookie Steve stuck. 

We also have a giant black cat named Monte. He's 16. And a black and grey tabby named Baylee. She's 17. 
Is he always sad or drowsy?

Edited by Dayvenkirq - June 17 2015 at 13:59
*frinspar* View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *frinspar* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2015 at 14:12
That's typically his neutral face, yeah. But when he gets frisky he gets wide-eyed.
I believe I had just woken him up in the first one. LOL
KenFrankenstein View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenFrankenstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2015 at 08:53
I have a pet wolverine and he's horny as hell that's why I have to keep him on Baffin Island.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2015 at 08:56
@Wookie : Yo buddy!
progrockdeepcuts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progrockdeepcuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2015 at 09:00
Wookie Steve is the best name ever.

Listen to older shows here: mixcloud.com/progrockdeepcuts/
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2015 at 10:50
Pets from the Past.

Saavik - Best dog ever

Paris - The follow up to the best dog ever

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2016 at 12:07
Hello.

Matthew _Gill View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew _Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2016 at 15:44
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2016 at 09:59
^ What a beast.

Low five, Ludo.
Matthew _Gill View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew _Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2016 at 16:42
He might be on TV Sunday night! 
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2016 at 21:28

I am so very very sad. My long-time avatar, Socks, has been missing for a week and has been presumed dead. A local bobcat may have been the culprit, or possibly coyotes, but it's all conjecture. He was 12 years old, which for cat years I presume is too old too Rock n' Roll yet too young to die. He was my avatar in real life too. I'll really miss him.

A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2016 at 21:34
Oh Todd, I don't have the words.  I'm so very sorry.   I love cats deeply, my buddy died a couple years ago and I still get terribly sad sometimes.  

I will think of Socks.  

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2016 at 21:39

My sympathies, man.
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2016 at 21:53
So very sorry.  I'm a cat person and know the depth of that bond.  It is devastating. 

HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2016 at 23:18
Thank you all.

Hmm... I'll have to figure out why this picture is upside down later. Right side up, the picture and others like it have been doing a lot to elevate my mood. I'd be lost without my pics. Wish I had videos.

P.S. The pic is right side up now. A big thank you to whoever righted it.

Edited by HackettFan - June 29 2016 at 07:24
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2016 at 00:04
Great shot.  I only have pics of Nabi as well, but I did keep as many whiskers of his as I could find when they'd shed.  They're rare and kinda magical things.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2016 at 01:36

This little doggo.
Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2016 at 03:40
Originally posted by HackettFan HackettFan wrote:

I am so very very sad. My long-time avatar, Socks, has been missing for a week and has been presumed dead. A local bobcat may have been the culprit, or possibly coyotes, but it's all conjecture. He was 12 years old, which for cat years I presume is too old too Rock n' Roll yet too young to die. He was my avatar in real life too. I'll really miss him.

Being independent of spirit even in old age cats can go missing for days without concern but I feel for you because a week is along time, here's hoping he returns safe and sound. 

We have two elderly cats (17 & 18) - both have thyroid problems and the eldest also suffers from dementia, she has gone missing twice recently which caused us serious concern because it meant she was missing her meds and that could mean starving to death very quickly due to the hyperthyroidism so we tend to leaflet the neighbourhood with missing cat flyers and posters outlining her medical problems even if she's only been gone 1 day. The first time she simply forgot where she lived and took up residence in a house ¼ of a mile down the road, the second time someone thought she was a malnourished stray so they took her to a vets 15 miles away and left her there.
What?
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2016 at 22:46
8, 7 and 4 years old for me. The youngest is the most adventurous but rarely leave for more than 1 day, thankfully. The other two pretty much hang around the house/block.

@Dean : at this advanced age, wouldn't it be safer for them and less worrying for you to not let them go outdoors?

Edited by Barbu - June 28 2016 at 22:56
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2016 at 23:02
^ Good question, here's the thing;  If you want your cat to be an Indoor cat you have to do that from kittenhood.   Otherwise they'll always want out and often find a way.   You can, or can try, keeping an Outdoor cat inside at night when the dangerous critters are out, but that's the best you can hope for.   And some predators come out before sundown, so.   Generally, though indoor cats are safer, they don't necessarily seem to live much longer than a healthy and lucky outdoor one--  I don't have statistics but it appears that way.   I would also say most outdoor cats seem happier and in better bodily shape.   Females roam less distance than males and don't fight as much, but again, that doesn't appear to make a big difference in overall lifespan.

As my vet would say, cats may not always live very long, but what lives they lead.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 26272829>