FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCollege Finals???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 09:37
Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

Sweet Moses, I have a CPE301 exam tomorrow, yet instead of studying I'm just chillin' Big smile ... making and editing imitative, sub-par, and under-produced music:

I had my final final today and I bullsh*ted well over 60% of it, so I should barely pass if I'm lucky.

Where I was supposed to draw in Chinese characters i just drew dense shapes very small that looked a little like characters.... think the teacher will notice?LOL

School is done now and I leave here in 30 minutes, just waiting for my ride.

I can't wait to get home to my keyboard and record another primitive imitation "album." I think all prog fans have the urge to record music, even if they are not musicians at all (me).  I'm going to make it sound like the Beach Boy's smile, because my last one I tried to do was harsh and eighties like, I didn't have enough time to complete it though so I haven't  had a proper one in a year.

Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 12:56
^ So, there was a kind of pressure other than the commercial kind ... ?

'think I did well enough on the CPE301 exam. If come out with a B in this class, that's cool with me ... which is probably what I will come out with since I usually don't do very well on the CPE301 exams. If I get 50/100 or above on the exam, I'm good, though I think I got, like, 60/100 or above.

KingCrInuYasha View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 13:02
Just finished mine. My Math Logic was a cake, but Computer Science Algorithm Analysis was a pain. Got A- for the former and C for the latter. Just enough to Graduate with a 3.05 GPA.
He looks at this world and wants it all... so he strikes, like Thunderball!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 13:22
^ Unfortunately, I suck at computer math logic on a regular basis, so I'm kind of scared of the CS365 exam.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - May 10 2012 at 13:23
RoyFairbank View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 14:49
Originally posted by KingCrInuYasha KingCrInuYasha wrote:

Just finished mine. My Math Logic was a cake, but Computer Science Algorithm Analysis was a pain. Got A- for the former and C for the latter. Just enough to Graduate with a 3.05 GPA.

You should be proud of yourself. 3.05 is very good and credible. I always hated those people who had perfect grades. Lower 3.00s is as high as a person can get reasonably, unless one is a teachers pet or a genius.

I myself managed to get up to 3.60 in Community College after four years, but last semester at university I was only 3.25. This semester I'm just aiming for 3.00. I would be very very happy if I keep around 3.25, I'd feel at ease with the universe, well, not really, but I'd feel better. Big smile

Edited by RoyFairbank - May 10 2012 at 14:50
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 14:35
I remember I finished my Core Humanities 202 exam. 'think I did very well. I might get 80 or above ... probably 85 ... or 90. A 90/100 would be nice Smile . A B for the class is cool with me Cool .

BTW: Just finished my Computer Science 365 exam. Don't listen to he who says "Don't study" ! 'think I failed 2-3 problems out of 14. I hope I will get something like 55 or above ... something like 78/100 (maximum). I don't care if I get a C for the class ... especially since there is no chance for me to get a B. 

I should learn how to care more about my GPA in the real-time.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 14:39
^

Out of my four classes I got back grades which were

Upper Level History Class: A-
General Science Class: A
Chinese Class: B
Lower Level History Class: ???

I might get a C in that last class Disapprove

But at least my GPA will be above 3.00 no matter what Big smile

EDIT: unless I got a D or below I guess....Disapprove

Edited by RoyFairbank - May 14 2012 at 14:42
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 16:26
Originally posted by RoyFairbank RoyFairbank wrote:

EDIT: unless I got a D or below I guess....Disapprove

Y-y-ikes. Which one is more likely, though?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 18:11

UPDATE: I thought it best that I check my school account before I posted, and I got a B-.

Good compromise pick. But damn that teacher and his hard grading. I did the best I could, I swears it!

SEM 1
A
B
B
B

SEM 2
A
A-
B
B-

TOTAL: 3.30

At my old school, I think I've mentioned, I ended up at 3.60. Shocked

SCHOOL CONCLUDED.... For three months.....

Edited by RoyFairbank - May 14 2012 at 18:22
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 18:31
^ D#$n. I got 2 C's in the past two semesters ... I think. Let's see how my last exam, Electrical Engineering 220 (Circuits), will go.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 18:31

I remember I finished my Core Humanities 202 exam. 'think I did very well. I might get 80 or above ... probably 85 ... or 90. A 90/100 would be nice Smile . A B for the class is cool with me Cool .

BTW: Just finished my Computer Science 365 exam. Don't listen to he who says "Don't study" ! 'think I failed 2-3 problems out of 14. I hope I will get something like 55 or above ... something like 78/100 (maximum). I don't care if I get a C for the class ... especially since there is no chance for me to get a B. 

I should learn how to care more about my GPA in the real-time.

Computer science..... what is that? Core humanities.... what is that?

What weird course titles. The science of computers of the computation of science? What does humanities mean in this instance and what is the core of it?

Is it like discussing how human's have to keep their core temp up, like Kramer says on Sienfeld? Big smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 01:33
LOL .

Computer Science - all things computer-related, from high-level stuff like C++ and Java to computer math logic to simulation physics (or simulation physics to computer math logic; it can go parallel) to god knows what since I haven't gone all the way through.

Now, why is it core? Why is it humanities? Beats ta f$%k outta me. I was wondering about that myself. I would do a research on that one if I wanted to spend time on that. Core Humanities is basically a name for a course that encompasses the history and literature of various cultures, mostly Europe. 201 takes on Ancient times and Medievalism. 202 has a different take on those periods and goes all the way to the Enlightenment/Romanticism/the emergence of capitalism and communism/French Revolution/Industrial Revolution. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 01:45
BTW, just got through my EE220 (Electrical Engineering) exam. Man, it was harder than I thought it was going to be. Only today I've realized why I don't do as well on exams as I would hope: I don't relax, I don't take my time, I just overthink several things, thus wasting time. Well, there is also another factor: I work on my music instead of studying. But I think I did well enough to get a B- or C+ for the class.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 08:01

BTW, just got through my EE220 (Electrical Engineering) exam. Man, it was harder than I thought it was going to be. Only today I've realized why I don't do as well on exams as I would hope: I don't relax, I don't take my time, I just overthink several things, thus wasting time. Well, there is also another factor: I work on my music instead of studying. But I think I did well enough to get a B- or C+ for the class.

I also rush through tests. 9/10 times I am the first one out of a test. It's actually kind of bizarre. I had someone tell me last week that the whole class was jealous when I got up and turned my test in so early.

But your right, it can impact your performance when you don't take your time, so I tried to be slightly slower. Usually I just know the answer or I can bullsh*t one at rapid speed.

You have a LOT of computer and engineering classes. Is that your major? I couldn't think of anything more stressful than all that equipment and programming, but then I am a history major (I want to be a professor Cool).

Studying is really hard and takes a lot of discipline. The last two semesters I have studied with very pretty girls (pure luck), and that helps a lot. Just ask girls if they want to study with you. It's actually quite efficient with two or three people doing the review.

Edited by RoyFairbank - May 17 2012 at 08:06
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 13:19

I also rush through tests. 9/10 times I am the first one out of a test. It's actually kind of bizarre. I had someone tell me last week that the whole class was jealous when I got up and turned my test in so early.
LOL

But your right, it can impact your performance when you don't take your time, so I tried to be slightly slower. Usually I just know the answer or I can bullsh*t one at rapid speed
Wow ... I wish I knew how to do that.

You have a LOT of computer and engineering classes. Is that your major? I couldn't think of anything more stressful than all that equipment and programming, but then I am a history major (I want to be a professor Cool). 
Yup, CS is my major quite so right. I listen to other people's music and make own music, and I play computer games. My interest in the computers came up when I was only a boy, 7-8 y.o., so it's the best scientific discipline (that is, the coolest one) that I know of so far. And f#$k, no! I don't wanna be a professor. I'm not planning on spending more money just to get a Ph. D. so that universities would want me to join them in educating those ... people. I'm a bit misanthropic. I want to make tight computer games, man. Of course, that takes willpower and deep thought about own future and resources, but my passion for music prevails. I'm afraid I'm gonna end up as a hobo or something.

Studying is really hard and takes a lot of discipline. The last two semesters I have studied with very pretty girls (pure luck), and that helps a lot. Just ask girls if they want to study with you. It's actually quite efficient with two or three people doing the review.
Oh, man, I always found girls irrelevant and unimportant in my life. They would do nothing to me but indeliberately distract me from my studies. Usually, I would just put something on, like PFM or Tull or classical music on YouTube and focus on the material at hand, but girls ... such a distraction.

By the way, what are lower-level history and upper-level history? The history of poor and the history of aristocrats?

Edited by Dayvenkirq - May 17 2012 at 16:05
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 16:00
Just received some results. Got 182/200 for the CH202 exam, which kicked my overall grade up to 89.1, which ideally would mean a B+, but I suppose the guy just rounded it up to an A Big smile .

For CS365 ... on the exam I scored a 75/100 ... yay Big smile ! ... which kicked the grade for that class up to 78.4/100. Hope everything will go cool with CPE301 and EE220.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 16:10

Oh, man, I always found girls irrelevant and unimportant in my life. They would do nothing to me but indeliberately distract me from my studies. Usually, I would just put something on, like PFM or Tull or classical music on YouTube and focus on the material at hand, but girls ... such a distraction.

By the way, what are lower-level history and upper-level history? The history of bums and the history of aristocrats?

LOLThe reason one should always pair girls with exam study is nothing to do with their physical "attributes" but everything to do with the fact they are usually prepared and work well in study groups in my experience. They are not competitive about studying either. (Guys can be chest thumping and overly cautious)I have found study groups work a lot quicker than one person can, plus its fun. That the girls I studied with happened to be gorgeous was pure luck, as I said, though then again I might say that about any girls. I've also studied with guys in groups before, they really stink at that. It should always be one guy personality type and the rest girls - that's what works I think... or maybe two guys and three or four girls. Guys have messed up habits when working in groups, like they are looking over their shoulder.

Okay, I've said alot about studying, only because I had fun with it this year. I'm overly analytical.

About lower level and upper level history.

Lower level (100 level classes), basic sh*t like Western Civilization I and II, America to 1865, America after 1865. Not much fun. I've taken tons of these types of classes, and accidentally just retook one and got a bad grade. I swear my degree account said I needed to retake it! Then it corrected itself, b*****d computer. By then I was already halfway through.

Upper Level (300 level): stuff like Slavery and Abolition, Modern Germany, U.S. Diplomacy, etc. advanced classes with high work loads, high expectations, and specific focuses.

Funny you only need a few of those at my University, they mostly want you taking endless arrays of 100 level sh*t (not even relating to your major!). Ermm Luckily I'm done with that stuff I hope for the rest of my life.

EDIT: removed egotistical sounding text Approve

Edited by RoyFairbank - May 17 2012 at 16:19
Zombywoof View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 16:33
Originally posted by The Truth The Truth wrote:

I have a math final in high school tomorrow that's making me pee myself, is that similar? Tongue

I was always fortunate enough to get exemptions in high school. Those were the days. Ear training kicked my butt this semester.
Continue the prog discussion here: http://zombyprog.proboards.com/index.cgi ...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 16:38
^ Ear training? Are you in a music school?
Zombywoof View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 16:41

^ Ear training? Are you in a music school?

I'm at a University which offers music classes. I'm a music tech major, so they put me in ear training. My professor didn't tell me I had a D until about a month before school was out. I tried my best (two tutors a week) and improved, but not enough to bring my grade up.
Continue the prog discussion here: http://zombyprog.proboards.com/index.cgi ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>