Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Piedmont Symphony Orchestra Washington DC 2012-6-9
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPiedmont Symphony Orchestra Washington DC 2012-6-9

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Piedmont Symphony Orchestra Washington DC 2012-6-9
    Posted: May 08 2012 at 10:05

Hello,
I am conductor of the Piedmont Symphony Orchestra, located outside of Washington DC, and wanted to share with you an upcoming set of concerts we will be presenting centered around some of the best Prog-Rock hits.  I'm also an electric bassist and will be leading the orchestra from the bass for the shows (with a little assistance form our assistant conductor).  Unlike many "canned" shows, this has been built from the ground up with a special attention to creating tru to form and enhancing orchestral arrangements.

The concerts, entitled "Floating World" will feature an accomplished ensemble of 8 rock instrumentalists/vocalists alongside the full symphony orchestra.

Pieces include many from: Yes, Rush, Peter Gabriel, King Crimson, Led Zeppeiln to name a few.

The concerts are: SATURDAY, June 9th at 7PM, an d SUNDAY, June 10th at 3PM.

Here is a direct link to the orchestra's webpage for these concerts:

http://www.piedmontsymphony.org/PSO2011MC5.html

We would gladly link to your site from the orchestra website if you would like.

If you have any place you could share these exciting shows I would greatly appreciate it.  As was the case with the last set of similar shows we presented 2 season ago, both shows will be standing room only.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Thank you for your time.

-Sincerely,
Glenn Quader

Post Reply Post Reply