Progarchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum SearchSearch  Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Genesis - Album Interviews

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GentleGenerator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Genesis - Album Interviews
    Posted: May 10 2012 at 21:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Kzk20WL3k&list=FLyTmG26vu47X2NmlJt_uT5g&index=5&feature=plpp_video

I stumbled upon this in my Youtube browsing.  Apparently these interviews are from a box set collection of Genesis albums.  You can find any of their interviews by searching "Genesis 'album title' complete interview."  They're extremely informative and interesting, detailing both the band's experiences at the time, as well as the processes that led to the creation of some of their classic songs.  Enjoy.
I know what I like, and I like what I know.
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 09:17
I have the box set, and yes, the interviews are quite interesting for fans to hear.  They seem like a pretty dull bunch though, if you ask me LOL
Zombywoof View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zombywoof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 10:01
Hi GentleGenerator! Yes, I found those interviews to be extremely interesting. I see you're from Pittsburgh, by the way. I'm from Wheeling, WV (about an hour from Pittsburgh) and it is a great city to visit! Nice to meet you.
Continue the prog discussion here: http://zombyprog.proboards.com/index.cgi ...
prog4evr View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote prog4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 12:30
Yes, I have been watching the Genesis interviews on YouTube, off-and-on as I have time.  Makes me want to get the boxed set some day (hopefully soon)...
Fox On The Rocks View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fox On The Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 16:17
Amazing interviews from the guys! I discovered these a while back on youtube. The videos are insightful to the music itself and to the period the guys were living in at the time. It's sort of hard to understand Michael sometimes because he has that thick British accent. LOL
Nice to see Ant on there as well.
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Post/Math Rock Team

Post Options Post Options   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 20:41
What i love is they don't overly praise the album. All the members have clear likes and dislikes and criticize the creative process and what is produced. Show they are true artists.

Post Reply Post Reply