FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedÄnglagård

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Änglagård
    Posted: July 14 2005 at 15:03
As much as I love this band, they have a few riffs which are more or less directly ripped off.. Most of you have probably noticed the mellotron ripoff from SFF - Pictures in the beginning of Jordrok..

Today I just noticed another one : Listen to Skogsranden from Epilog at about 2:45 .. then listen to Il Balletto Di Bronzo - Introduzione at about 5:20 ... isn't this a total ripoff ? Anyone else noticed other bands they have copied ?

Erlend
MANTICORE View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 15:36
wow have I cd I will put but attention to him

The Beatles
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 15:51
SFF?
erlenst View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 15:53
Ah, sorry. Schicke Führs & Fröhling. The song Pictures from Symphonic Picture .. there is a certain mellotron riff which is completely ripped off.
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 15:55
Schicke Führs & Fröhling?
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 16:04
Anglagard/Epilog(1994)/Sista Somrar: about 6:50

Bubu/Anabelas(1984)/El Cortejo de un día amarillo: about 4:11 and 17:08

Edited by fm0210
The Prognaut View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 17:06

Personally, I wouldn't use the word "rip off" as such regarding the musical argumentation sustained by this Swedish band, which is under my own appreciation, one, if not the most representative Scandinavian band of all times. Such as time, music evolves into something more elaborated and more crafted, where innovation and the attempt of reaching perfection battles every day. I totally agree about the fact of Anglagard taking and absorbing several "crimsonian" tendencies to be applied on their musical proposal and yet, they sound very unique and not commercial. With just two studio albums, this Swedish band reached the unthinkable heights any prog band with way too many years in this business would dream of reaching. Of course tons of similitudes would still be found between several prog bands because there's a primary school, a primary prog rock institution which started to be raised by the prog monsters that gave birth to this enigmatic genre. I think it's perfectly normal to rely on comparisons, but the trick here is not to sound off exactly the same to another or many bands, the thing is to stablish an orginal sound not only in arranging music, but in it's argumentation as well. Anglagard certainly has got that and more.

Land

break the circle

reset my head

wake the sleepwalker

and i'll wake the dead
Vieux Prog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 17:24
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

Schicke Führs & Fröhling?

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_BAN D.asp?
band_id=1640

erlenst View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 01:15
Originally posted by landberkdoten landberkdoten wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't use the word "rip off" as such regarding the musical argumentation sustained by this Swedish band, which is under my own appreciation, one, if not the most representative Scandinavian band of all times. Such as time, music evolves into something more elaborated and more crafted, where innovation and the attempt of reaching perfection battles every day. I totally agree about the fact of Anglagard taking and absorbing several "crimsonian" tendencies to be applied on their musical proposal and yet, they sound very unique and not commercial. With just two studio albums, this Swedish band reached the unthinkable heights any prog band with way too many years in this business would dream of reaching. Of course tons of similitudes would still be found between several prog bands because there's a primary school, a primary prog rock institution which started to be raised by the prog monsters that gave birth to this enigmatic genre. I think it's perfectly normal to rely on comparisons, but the trick here is not to sound off exactly the same to another or many bands, the thing is to stablish an orginal sound not only in arranging music, but in it's argumentation as well. Anglagard certainly has got that and more.

Land

I kind of agree with you. Actually, Hybris is one of my all-time favourite albums. However, you cannot deny the fact that certain themes are *consciously* copied from other, obscure 70's bands. It simlpy can't be coincidences.
greenback View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 12:13

i'm not fond enough of anglagard to answer the question, but I removed the double dots over the first A of Anglagard because my player puts it in the bottom of my playlist!Confused

Edited by greenback
[HEADPINS - LINE OF FIRE: THE RECORD HAVING THE MOST POWERFUL GUITAR SOUND IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF MUSIC!>
geezer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 13:51
Originally posted by greenback greenback wrote:

i'm not fond enough of anglagard to answer the question, but I removed the double dots over the first A of Anglagard because my player puts it in the bottom of my playlist!Confused

Naturally...

A, B, C...  ...X, Y, Z, Å, Ä, Ö

Learn your alphabets!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply